Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:05:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327320 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 116770 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »

lvling a 2nd class still sucks. lvling thm for summoner and i hate it(thm) with a burning passion and its taking too long. also it seems like the frequency of fates is lower now....

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: August 26, 2013, 08:43:07 AM »

Looks like the newest update didn't help.  I was placed in a queue, then it said World is currently full.

The login restrictions aren't going to help, everybody is just going to stay logged in....if they even get in.

An Apology to Our Players Using NA/EU Data Centers

On behalf of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Development Team, I would like to extend my deepest apologies to those Early Access participants who have had difficulty using the NA/EU data centers.

In response to a variety of issues, we have conducted emergency maintenance several times over the past few days. The first instance, which was conducted six hours following the beginning of early access, was for the purpose of addressing the errors 90000 and 3000, which were first discovered during phase 4 of the beta test.

Our server team then began taking measures to improve the performance of the lobby and duty finder servers. The subsequent emergency maintenance was necessary to implement their changes.

This maintenance proceeded as planned, and afterwards we verified that the stability of instanced battles and the duty finder was much improved. However, we then discovered that certain lobby servers had been improperly configured, and we were forced to conduct another brief maintenance to resolve this issue.

Although we have successfully addressed a number of serious issues in the past several days, we have nevertheless decided to implement login restrictions for the time being due to the extremely heavy load being placed upon the servers. In this way, we can ensure that the maximum number of players can play the game without risking a sever crash. I know no one wants to wait to log in, but I hope you all understand why we believe this precaution is necessary.

Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize to all our players who have been unable to enjoy Early Access due to the tremendous congestion, the ensuing issues, and the frequent maintenance.

Everyone on the development and operations teams is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we will continue to do our utmost to resolve the remaining and any future issues.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director, Naoki Yoshida

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:44:57 AM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #887 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »

Things seem to be pretty stable this morning. Not sure about the Duty Finder, but I was able to get my marauder to level 10 without any connection issues. Let's hope they finally have everything under control for tomorrow.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 26, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »

Must've been an absolutely nightmare these last few days, especially with the weekend. Hopefully now that the weekend's over the worst we see is a few attempts at logging in before getting into at least a queue.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: August 26, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »

Everything seems to be running smoothly for me, now.  I also got another instance where my screen turned black and I fixed it by trying to Teleport, then canceling it.  Very Strange.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: August 26, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »

FYI, if you got the FFXIV 1.0 CE you can get your digital goodies today instead of waiting until tomorrow.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: August 26, 2013, 03:43:13 PM »

I have to say...even with every fuck up, this is still better than PSU's launch.

TASTY!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: August 26, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »

I'm confused as to what the point is for the "The server is full (1017)" error. Isn't that why man created the login queue?

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: August 26, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »

The login queue made the servers crash more, because it took resources, so they disabled it.

... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand world is full.
I wish I could play this game... I really do...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:17:54 PM by Annubis » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: August 26, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »

I'm seriously considering playing at least for a while on a Japanese server. Not to bash or anything, quite the contrary. Since I have no real life friends playing this game and I play mostly solo I wonder why should I suffer so much when I want to play at night. Even here, which is a community I like a lot we are spread out across every server.

I heard the Ixion server has a decent amount of english speaking people so it shouldn't be hard to find some people to talk to. Hell, I might even take a chance and use my japanese, although I doubt it'll be of much use for the usual MMO terms, at least in the beginning.

If anyone else feels like having a 2nd character on a Japanese server we could try make it as a gather for us RPGFans.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: August 26, 2013, 08:10:26 PM »

I'm seriously considering playing at least for a while on a Japanese server. Not to bash or anything, quite the contrary. Since I have no real life friends playing this game and I play mostly solo I wonder why should I suffer so much when I want to play at night. Even here, which is a community I like a lot we are spread out across every server.

I heard the Ixion server has a decent amount of english speaking people so it shouldn't be hard to find some people to talk to. Hell, I might even take a chance and use my japanese, although I doubt it'll be of much use for the usual MMO terms, at least in the beginning.

If anyone else feels like having a 2nd character on a Japanese server we could try make it as a gather for us RPGFans.

That sounds good to me, I already have a character made up and saved, just have to name her and throw her on a server. And like I said, it would be nice to play if the NA/EU servers are down and the JP servers are up and I finally have time to play.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: August 26, 2013, 08:29:58 PM »

From the little research I've done it seems Tonberry and Ixion are more populated with english speakers. Tonberry if anything may have a little more as it seems the Australian community is going mostly there.
Also, it should be pretty easy to log in, as the timezone is almost inverted for people in the US. From where I'm from it is exactly a 12 hours difference, so when they go to sleep it basically when I'm up, so the servers should have much less people when we from the west try to get in and it's going to be mostly populated by Japanese when we are asleep.

In the end, we get to play AND we don't stress their servers when they play, so it's not like we're ruining the game for them

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: August 26, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »

Tried to log in, world is full.  This makes two days of zero play.

They haven't added a single server.  Not one.  They added three in open beta.  Official launch is tomorrow.  I'm sure customers will be excited to bring home a copy of the game only to be told they can't make a character on any server except the ones in Japan.

Fucking dumbshits.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #898 on: August 26, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »

Tonberry was actually the server I was thinking of creating a character on. Hadn't even done any research.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: August 26, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »

Ok, don't do the same mistake I did.

When you add your game key, go on your only service account and click ADD WINDOWS (or PS3) time.
Do not click Add Service account, it will create a new account...

Yeah... I f-ed up and put up a ticket.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: