Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:08:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334626 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144391 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: August 28, 2013, 02:01:02 AM »

Oh and just out of curiosity... how much audio is supposed to be in the game?  They give us a choice of languages, but there isn't a whole lot of audio?

Just kind of curious because my client size is only like 9.1 gigs and the game box system requirements says 20 gigs...

There isn't alot of language audio sadly. The voiced cutscenes are very few and far between. The extra size is for potential expansions, patch files etc.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: August 28, 2013, 02:06:08 AM »

I'm part of the problem. I logged in at the early morning hours and haven't disconnected since.
The servers are stable... once you get on.
I still don't have the balls to use the duty finder though.

Once you get in there's zero issues with the DF or any other system for that matter. I had only one problem getting online tonight and that was during peak hours 5pm-11pm. I know alot of people are upset, but when has there ever been as big an MMO launch without congestion. Right now by limiting traffic into the servers the servers themselves are staying stable without any crashes and the DF is working without any issues for all content. Once they add more worlds and beef up their server capacity, along with world transfers everything should be fine. My advice is to try and log in during non peak hours if you can, or just be patient and try a few times every hour. It's very obvious they're aware of the problem and are making steps to correct it. When you can actually play, it'll be worth it.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: August 28, 2013, 10:57:31 AM »

Sorry to burst in w/ a noob question but is there s sub fee for the ps3 version?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: August 28, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »

There is.  $12.95/month.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: August 28, 2013, 12:21:57 PM »

I started mining. It is surprisingly interesting to me. Normally you click a button and poof you get loot. On this you have to choose what you want to try and mine for with different percentages for each item. Pretty neat.

The one things that gets me is the gathering log. For the 1-5 mining log you have items that are apparently only available in higher level zones? Craziness.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:06 PM »

There is.  $12.95/month.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: August 28, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »

Well fuck me. I don't remember where I was in the story questline. I need to figure that out so I can get my airship pass. Mining is super fun. Pugilist isn't too bad at this point. Thamaturd annoys me.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: August 28, 2013, 08:41:35 PM »

Anyone run into a sound glitch? I get no sound except ambient sound. I shut off all other sounds and turned them back on. I would log out and back in but I wouldn't get back in I am sure.

dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 28, 2013, 09:35:06 PM »

Anyone run into a sound glitch? I get no sound except ambient sound. I shut off all other sounds and turned them back on. I would log out and back in but I wouldn't get back in I am sure.

I can't get in tonight so yeah, I'd keep your spot. :-)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: August 28, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »

Who's on the PS3 version? A friend of mine has it and says targeting is kinda sketchy with the controller.. We still can't play together Cuz new toon creation is still locked: (

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: August 28, 2013, 10:22:50 PM »

Fourth evening of no play.  After cooking dinner and wrapping up schooling, I have no patience to sperg out on the X button until I get in.  I guess I won't be getting any play until the new servers go up.  Really likely I'll end up restarting on a new server at this point, especially since I have friends who want to play, and I'm not about to have them wait until character creation opens up on Ultros.  Selecting the GAF server was a huge mistake... the overpopulation issue will take even longer to sort itself out there.

As for targeting, he needs to set targeting filters in the options.  I set mine to enemies only when I have my weapon unsheathed, and turned auto-sheathe weapon off.  Targeting goes back to standard when I manually sheathe my weapon.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: August 28, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »

I really hope they offer transfers off of heavily populated servers. I don't want to start over. I like my guy on Ultros

Ok, so I logged off to fix the sound because I couldn't deal with it anymore. I made a new character on Moogle. If anyone is bored and wants to fuck around. Breman Valdes is the name. Having sex with Chocobos is the game. Be there or be square.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:32:37 PM by Daggerstrike » Logged

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: August 28, 2013, 10:27:09 PM »

Yeah you would think that they'd have a PC style m/k option for ps3 users.I'm still playing my ARC on Diabolos for now but gonna restart with friends unless a server transfer happens.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2013, 10:33:14 PM »

Server transfers will happen mid-September, for a price.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »

Server transfers will happen mid-September, for a price.

I'm guessing it will be $9.99?

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: