Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 29, 2014, 12:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338781 Posts in 13866 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 157576 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: August 28, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »

Who knows.  On another note, my collector's edition still isn't here.  So not only have I not played in four days, but Square couldn't even get my day one preorder here on time for release.  It's been a non-stop disappointing launch, heh.  What sucks even more is that I have a four-day weekend, and they're not set to have new servers up until next week.  Not cool.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2013, 11:33:34 PM »

I made a character on Coeurl and I haven't had any problems...except my laptop overheats when playing the game. Hah.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: August 29, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »

So there's tons of bitching because SE applied a material block.
It's what Nintendo did; you can't monetize FF14 videos on Youtube (You can post them, not make money off them)

Something tells me anyone crying a river was planning to make a buck out of it =/
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: August 29, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »

Who's on the PS3 version? A friend of mine has it and says targeting is kinda sketchy with the controller.. We still can't play together Cuz new toon creation is still locked: (

I've been playing a lot with a controller. Pretty much I use two computers to play the game, my desktop is the better one but I use the other one when I want to lay back, or even play it laying down.
I like a lot to use the controller to play when just killing mobs but like your friend said, when you actually want to target a person it get's a little complicated. So I'll probably use a controller when playing by myself and use the M/K when doing dungeons with other people, especially now that I'm running a Conjurer.

What your friend can do is plug a mouse on his PS3. I know it works because I tried in beta and it worked just like on PC.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:17 AM »

I don't get it,I haven't had any problems logging onto ultros, outside of a 2 minute queue a couple times. Maybe it's because I log on at late hours or really early hours right now, idk.

Fucking day 1 gil sellers made me lol. Even better is this massive fuck up....try typing "/blacklist add" in game. Freezes the client. I started replying to the asshats screaming about the gilsellers to just type that and man it got quiet fast.

TASTY!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 29, 2013, 10:39:15 AM »

I don't get it,I haven't had any problems logging onto ultros, outside of a 2 minute queue a couple times. Maybe it's because I log on at late hours or really early hours right now, idk.

The worst is sitting in a queue and THEN getting the 1017 error after you get to the front of the queue.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: August 29, 2013, 10:44:14 AM »

I have no problem getting on Hyperion in the mornings, have a 5-10 person queue in the afternoons, and get a 1017 in the evening and just play on Ixion.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 29, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »

I have no problem getting on Hyperion in the mornings, have a 5-10 person queue in the afternoons, and get a 1017 in the evening and just play on Ixion.

Yeah the evenings are tough. Which is a problem when you only play in the evenings. :-D
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »

Yeah, I couldn't log on Ultros yesterday night.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: August 29, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »

kinda annoyed with people bitching about afk'ers.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: August 29, 2013, 06:59:23 PM »

Don't have to deal with "world full" nonsense and AFK'er drama anymore.  I'm on JP server Typhon with my best friend until server transfers open up and we can move to a new US server.  Wasn't going to have a four day weekend and not play when my collector's edition arrived.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: August 29, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »

Thanks to familiarity, blasted through to level 16 on gladiator.  Going to work on conjurer tomorrow.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 30, 2013, 12:25:12 AM »

Got in tonight, had fun!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: August 30, 2013, 12:51:29 AM »

Holy shit... people are the WORST.
I'm doing under the armor as a healer and NOBODY touches the adds.
I keep running in circle every time because I have 4 skeletons and the caster on me because of healing aggro.
Nobody even tries to get them off...

I've never really played healer and this is not motivating me for it at all.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: August 30, 2013, 05:16:59 AM »

Did Garuda today, and won on our third attempt, but I think it was thanks to the two 1.0ers explaining what needed to be done and how.  Fun battle!  I'm sure you guys who played 1.0 are probably a bit disappointed that the mechanics haven't changed much, though. Still, as a first timer it was pretty crazy and fun.

Also:
Code:
That escape from the Imperial facility battle was beyond amazing.  I did it on SMN and basically had to run around
the map the entire time, but it was still great.

Special props to the music. Everywhere the music is wonderful.

Holy shit... people are the WORST.
I'm doing under the armor as a healer and NOBODY touches the adds.
I keep running in circle every time because I have 4 skeletons and the caster on me because of healing aggro.
Nobody even tries to get them off...

I've never really played healer and this is not motivating me for it at all.

Yeah, you get used to that.  Being a healer is sort of an acquired taste, perhaps.  Or maybe a masochistic one.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: