Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 11:31:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338564 Posts in 13857 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 156673 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: August 31, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »

Well for those of you having trouble getting in and can at least get to the character select screen, I may have a solution for you as I figured out an interesting little trick last night because I couldn't get in and I really wanted to play.  It's nothing revolutionary, but it gets you in without having to physically sit there and keep trying to push log in over and over.

1-If you have an available arcade stick, plug it in to your computer before you boot up the game
2-calibrate it to whatever buttons in the game itself (doesn't really matter)
3-set turbo to whatever button is confirm/x and put something on it that is heavy enough to keep the button down.

The only downsides to this other than you can't use your PC during the process is you do have to check occasionally and make sure you didn't get thrown into a queue.  Around 6 minutes of doing this last night, I did it once manually and saw there was a queue to enter instead of 1017.

I don't know if it's necessary to go this far as I don't know how the 1017/queue system works, but it got me during peak times twice.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: August 31, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »

I got to queue today. Then it told me to fuck off with only 12 people left.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: August 31, 2013, 06:00:46 PM »

-Game launched this week.
-It's labor day weekend in the US.
-Why are you even trying?
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: August 31, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »

I got in about an hour ago. Only took all day..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: August 31, 2013, 09:02:26 PM »

I really cannot wait to see what the endgame looks like.  I played 1 to 20 as a conj on Exodus. My wife waited and could only make a character on Behemoth. I rerolled there and I am now 15 again. I got a 90000 error and kicked after getting a good night and morning session in. I guess I shouldn't complain. I also bought two new high end PCs for the wife and I that will be here on the 12th. The game runs at 60 FPS on default settings on my current machine. I am hoping that I can run this at full blast when the new boxes get here.

Until after maintenance on Wed, may the zero be with you.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: August 31, 2013, 09:56:23 PM »

I finally got to run satasha dungeon. No drops for my class: (  The healer was on the ball though so it was pretty easy.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: August 31, 2013, 10:15:16 PM »

Question: should I keep all my spirit bonded old gear?. I'm assuming yes. I know there's a quest around lvl 20 for materia. I'm am ARC so what trade should I work on for that?

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #982 on: August 31, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »

I've been hanging on to mine for materia's sake. Arc weapons can be made by alchemy (and materia fusion also by an alchemist). Armor seems like it comes from weaver, I think.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: August 31, 2013, 10:42:58 PM »

I went with fishing but I'm gonna drop it because from what I hear its just a Gil racket. Alchemy may be the way to go. Thx BTW.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 31, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »

Finally got to a point where I could spam trying to login without taking too long, it stalled out for awhile implying it MIGHT be logging in... and I got 2002'd.

Guess it's time to return to Xillia.
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: September 01, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »

No luck getting in yesterday and this morning it looks like there are problems.   The NA/EU world list wont come up only JP when i come to pick my character.    Im EU and normally i can login in the mornings ok most days.   When i am looking at SE website i am finding the multitude of messages about the world status very confusing and not telling me much.  I dont mind them having problems (i have the patience of the very old!)  but i want to be able to see clearly on there site if its up or down.

Ive played as a Gladiator up to lvl 15 and miner lvl 10.  I think the music is its greatest asset.   The gameplay so far seems standard MMO and I'm not sure if it will hold my interest in the long run especially as there is a sub fee.   I very quickly tired of Guild Wars 2 after a few weeks.   Im hoping the crafting and stuff is fun.  When i was mining i liked how you can pick which resource you wanted, though the guildmaster giving me the quest for 99 obsidian pieces was a bitch!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: September 01, 2013, 01:44:53 AM »

Ditching Ultros to play on a JP server was the best choice I've made to date with this game.  Played all day without a single problem once JP players went to bed and I was able to log this morning before lunchtime.  I haven't done an all day marathon of gaming like that in forever.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: September 01, 2013, 02:22:08 AM »

Ditching Ultros to play on a JP server was the best choice I've made to date with this game.  Played all day without a single problem once JP players went to bed and I was able to log this morning before lunchtime.  I haven't done an all day marathon of gaming like that in forever.
So you're not coming back to ultros then?

So fucking Warrior is fucking astounding. Defiance was a question of "should I eat hits" or "should I deal damage"....then I got Inner Beast and it was no longer a question. I have all the 30ish maelstrom gear on, and just finished the maelstrom hunting log so I can ascend past corporal. Level 35 warrior as of logging off tonight. I also ran haukke manor tonight with a group of randoms...went well actually.

THE POWA OF THE WARRIOR!

TASTY!
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: September 01, 2013, 02:26:09 AM »

I have seen more than a few posts around the web that say the latency on JP servers can be pretty extreme. When I actually get into the game, my experience is silky smooth. How do you fare on the JP server?

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: September 01, 2013, 06:45:19 AM »

I just witnessed that legendary Behemoth fight. OMG! Then, everything started to disappear on me and became extremely laggy :/

I should have taken a picture before it went stupid...

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: