Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334400 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 132 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 143119 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #990 on: September 01, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »

Ditching Ultros to play on a JP server was the best choice I've made to date with this game.  Played all day without a single problem once JP players went to bed and I was able to log this morning before lunchtime.  I haven't done an all day marathon of gaming like that in forever.

I have seen more than a few posts around the web that say the latency on JP servers can be pretty extreme. When I actually get into the game, my experience is silky smooth. How do you fare on the JP server?

It's good most of the time.  200ish latency isn't ideal, but better than not playing at all.  It's just temporary anyway until world transfer hits.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #991 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:14 AM »

I haven't had too much problem playing on Coeurl, dunno if it's a smaller server or something.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #992 on: September 01, 2013, 07:40:40 PM »

-Game launched this week.
-It's labor day weekend in the US.
-Why are you even trying?

Because I purchased the game and want to play? That's why I am trying.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #993 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »

That was the royal you I was using and I wasn't really trying to be critical. I just think Square Enix picked both a brilliant and a terribly time to launch the game. Hopefully the patch on Wednesday will clear everything up as promised and Error 1017 will be a thing of the past.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #994 on: September 01, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »

I just think Square Enix picked both a brilliant and a terribly time to launch the game. Hopefully the patch on Wednesday will clear everything up as promised and Error 1017 will be a thing of the past.

Man I hope you are right. My wife is really lucky and has gotten logged in with like 5 tries and I am spamming the almighty zero for hours at a time. I really hope we can all laugh about it in a few weeks,

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #995 on: September 01, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »

Took me about half an hour mashing 0 and got in. I'm gonna level the shit out of Alchemy and run Satasha a few times tonight.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #996 on: September 02, 2013, 01:02:24 AM »

Well, can't say Kotaku is in the wrong with this article:
http://kotaku.com/okay-yeah-final-fantasy-xivs-relaunch-is-a-disaster-1237985246
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #997 on: September 02, 2013, 01:44:06 AM »

this is by far the worst night for me since the your character is still in the world message. did they really forcast interest being this #$%&ing low? havent been able to log in since 8am sunday morning. a couple times i got queued but got disconnected before my chaacter loaded in an area.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #998 on: September 02, 2013, 03:20:13 AM »

If you think about it for a minute, it sounds like SE simply couldn't buy more servers, which explains this tremendous saturation. I mean, beta had no issues with capacity, and as they said, how many participants applied for it? All the marketing and the entire rework, investors probably said fuck you lets see some sales numbers before we start putting out more cash. First week sales come in, or more specifically,first week of rage from people threatening returns, and now they promise more servers. It really seems less like an SE fuck up and more like an SE investor fuck over.

I left my game running tonight, cuz this weekend has been torturous logging in. Hopefully my pstriple doesn't ignite overnight.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #999 on: September 02, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »

Communication Fail.

Can't even click on "Start" this morning and no indication as to why. Not even in their Twitter updates.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: September 02, 2013, 11:54:08 AM »

Communication Fail.

Can't even click on "Start" this morning and no indication as to why. Not even in their Twitter updates.

That has been happening periodically for me since launch!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: September 02, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »

There'll be no game time for anyone during primetime hours tomorrow evening.  Starting at 5 PM PST, there will be a 10 hour maintenance as they upgrade the server infrastructure.

Cross your fingers for a better experience starting this Wednesday!  I hope server transfers hit earlier than the originally planned mid-September release.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 02, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »

Yeah, if things go way smoother post-maintenance it'll be worth trashing a potential evening to play (though I guess we're getting more and more idlers to the point where logging in is a nightmare at any time), though it'll suck if things don't notably improve afterall.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: September 02, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

If you think about it for a minute, it sounds like SE simply couldn't buy more servers, which explains this tremendous saturation. I mean, beta had no issues with capacity, and as they said, how many participants applied for it? All the marketing and the entire rework, investors probably said fuck you lets see some sales numbers before we start putting out more cash. First week sales come in, or more specifically,first week of rage from people threatening returns, and now they promise more servers. It really seems less like an SE fuck up and more like an SE investor fuck over.

Seems plausible.  They could also be trying to avoid having so many servers that inevitably when the new game feeling wears off and sub numbers drop (which happens to every MMO), that certain servers don't become a ghost town.  So they may be trying to forecast the right amount of servers to have for the long term and avoid issuing more than that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:43:52 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: September 02, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »

My cunning plan of waiting to pick it up because I knew the servers sucked has backfired as everywhere is sold out.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 132 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: