Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 02:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327935 Posts in 13427 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 119571 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: September 02, 2013, 08:56:34 PM »

finally got in long enough too...

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: September 02, 2013, 09:47:24 PM »

See I don't see how anyone who's gotten enough play time to unlock a job within a week can really complain about login problems. It's nothing personal, if I started ranting about how quickly people play through the content of MMO's I'd never stop.

Just remember that the game is going to be around for a long time to come.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: September 02, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »

From what I have been reading, I get the idea that they needed to split the duty finder across a larger group more than  allowing more than 5k connections per realm. Either way, the game seems worth the wait to me. I worked like 13 hours today ( ya 2x my normal pay rate for today plus the OT from the extra hours!) and my daughter's birthday is tomorrow, so it works out well for me. It will help me pay off my new AW box that I just spent too much money on. I cannot wait to see what this game looks like on max settings.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: September 02, 2013, 11:37:41 PM »

I got a lot done this evening. Got my ARC to 20. My THM to ten and my ALC to Ten. Trying for my mount now. Just ran Satasha with a bunch of morons. Wiped twice and I quit. Healer was a dumbass.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: September 02, 2013, 11:49:03 PM »

ARC as in archer or Arcanist? Typically that would be Archer and ACN would be Arcanist. I hope people start using a different abbreviation for Archer though. ARH or something

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: September 03, 2013, 12:40:18 AM »

Sorry. ACN is proper.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: September 03, 2013, 12:42:00 AM »

Abbreviations are so confusing. I tend to avoid them myself, except on Twitter or when I'm in a rush. Archer vs. Arcanist is a perfect example.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1012 on: September 03, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/03/square-enix-details-final-fantasy-xivs-extended-free-trials/

Rejoice!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: September 03, 2013, 05:00:33 PM »

I appreciate the gesture. I personally have gotten to play a bit at times and then  not at all at others so I am glad I get this week back before having to pay. Now I just need to be able to move my characters to the same server. I have two above 10 on different servers and two at 10 on different servers than those and each other. It's the only way I got to play a few days. Make a new character. Level a bit. Then play my real character eventually.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: September 03, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »

I had a hard time choosing which server to play on myself. I was stuck between Ultros, Coeurl, Hyperion (and possibly playing my legacy character). Ultimately chose Coeurl since I figured I'd play with that bunch a lot more often. I hope they have some kind of limited free server transfer for a while, I'd love to be able to play with some of you folks.

I myself have gotten Archer to level 20. From what I can gather subjobs arn't important at all in this game aside from a couple select abilities.

I just tried a few dungeons for the first time before the maintenance, and I found out how much trouble I have targetting stuff when there's a lot of party members in crowded spaces. Do any of you have any kind of solution for that? Right now it's just a pain.

Other than that I'm having a great time with the game.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »

I had a hard time choosing which server to play on myself. I was stuck between Ultros, Coeurl, Hyperion (and possibly playing my legacy character). Ultimately chose Coeurl since I figured I'd play with that bunch a lot more often. I hope they have some kind of limited free server transfer for a while, I'd love to be able to play with some of you folks.

I myself have gotten Archer to level 20. From what I can gather subjobs arn't important at all in this game aside from a couple select abilities.

I just tried a few dungeons for the first time before the maintenance, and I found out how much trouble I have targetting stuff when there's a lot of party members in crowded spaces. Do any of you have any kind of solution for that? Right now it's just a pain.

Other than that I'm having a great time with the game.
You can adjust target filters for when your weapon is drawn and sheathed. I have mine set for aggro'd enemies while drawn, and normal targetting otherwise. Helped tremendously during some boss fights with numerous targets and the party AND the scholar's fairy. Being a tank has become vastly easier now that I stop trying to throw tomahawks at my own party.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: September 03, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »

Hold down left trigger and then press the right bumper.  Or hold the right trigger and press the left bumper.  You will cycle through enemies, and enemies only.  This is remarkably useful as a tank, especially a gladiator tank.  With all of your attack macros set to the right trigger, you can hold the trigger down, use an attack on one target, tap the bumper to switch targets, use a combo action to build enmity on the second target, and cycle as needed (unless you have party members that can sleep).

Also, for those that don't know... you can dismount your chocobo by merely pressing in on the left analog stick.

I ended up removing my old shield lob macro in favor of having fast blade and shield lob on one macro.  It's a simple two line macro:

/ac "Fast Blade" <t>
/ac "Shield Lob" <t>

It's a simple, yet useful macro because if your current target is outside your melee range, fast blade will fail to execute and shield lob will happen instead.  If you are in range, fast blade will execute and shield lob will not because fast blade will have activated your global cooldown.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you choose to use that macro, make sure to turn off error messages in your chat channel or you'll see them constantly.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:24:29 PM by Parn » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: September 03, 2013, 10:34:42 PM »

I haven't even bothered with macros yet. I just go through hotbar actions, it's pretty easy. Wonder if the larger raid dungeons will change my mind...

Did Cutter's cry last night, level 38 dungeon. Man was that interesting. Fucking floor has traps everywhere that deal damage, so you gotta watch your footing, and the cactuars use 1000 needles WHICH IS WAY EASY to avoid now. The boss was a chimera with an interesting attack pattern. He would.change his eye color at times during the fight and when it went blue, he'd use a close range AoE blizzard attack that extended outward from him so you had to run away. Violet eyes, he used an electric AoE attack that hit the surrounding area out from him but left a safe zone around his immediate area. As the tank, he hit me 3 times with it during my 4 fights against him (2 runs, 1 death per run). Fucking dps really get lazy. Best thing now though are the pc snobs who say controllers make dodging attacks and using the interface hard, meanwhile only pc asshats seem to get caught in BLATANT AOE ATTACKS like the aforemnetioned 2.

Warrior is fucking astounding. Truly a class made for me. Also, Titan made my healer cry today because my healer.was retarded and got ring out'd like 6 consecutive times. A lady monk in my party was trashing him so hard, I felt so bad.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: September 03, 2013, 11:02:40 PM »

Before maintenance I was leveling mining on my THM on Ultros. I am not sure what crafting classes to focus on later. I know weaver is probably one of the better choices but I don't know if THM is going to be my main or even something related to it. It's what I chose but I might change.

On my other server I got Marauder to 17.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: September 04, 2013, 12:51:07 AM »

does anyone know if the paladin gem increases enmity generation? i know it increases my hp/mp but it seems like its easier to hold hold hate now even with flash. also sword oath is sexy and shield oath can kiss my ass.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: