Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 10:12:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327921 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 119504 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1020 on: September 04, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »

What exactly is your issue with shield oath?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1021 on: September 04, 2013, 08:19:05 AM »

like defiance the cut to dmg output is totally un needed. i feel i dont need the enmity boost at this time at least anyways. its something i guess i would use in a party setup with no sleep. just did longstop and never doing it again. it went well but the whm ran low on mp when the dragon was around 25%. had we had another melee DD instead of blm we would of wiped.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1022 on: September 04, 2013, 09:20:04 AM »

Well lots of issues still, people are getting 9000'd followed by 3012'd which is your still logged in. You think they are ever going to get these servers straightened out? They are going to get raked over the coals with reviews, its going to be sad....
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:26:12 AM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1023 on: September 04, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »

I am still having the issue where the NA servers just don't show up.

..and then a 1017 on the JP server I had made a character on for just such a scenario. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:29:08 AM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1024 on: September 04, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »

^Same here. I'm hoping it's because of the temporary restrictions they talked about implementing after the maintenance finished.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1025 on: September 04, 2013, 12:49:55 PM »

88 pages and climbing....

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/81551-Please-Log-Me-Out-Error-Code-3102/page88

doh
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1026 on: September 04, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »

like defiance the cut to dmg output is totally un needed. i feel i dont need the enmity boost at this time at least anyways. its something i guess i would use in a party setup with no sleep. just did longstop and never doing it again. it went well but the whm ran low on mp when the dragon was around 25%. had we had another melee DD instead of blm we would of wiped.

Just think, if you had used shield oath, you would have reduced your damage intake by 20% and then your healer wouldn't have run low on mana.  In exchange, you lose 20% damage output on a class that does shit damage to begin with.  The enmity bonus merely makes TP management easier so you can shield bash strong skills frequently, further making things easier for your party.

Sorry, but using sword oath over shield oath as a paladin in a party is an awful choice.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1027 on: September 04, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »

Defiance is incredibly useful also. The 25% extra hp is awesome when you wanna eat those hits, and the damage reduction isn't that painful because as Parn said, tank damage output is subpar and shouldn't be a focus (though I went all str for my bonus attributes heh heh). And the crit bonus and healing bonus I get while Infuriated is worth the neglected 25% damage penalty. Solo play, I may leave defiance off just to kill shit faster but party wise it's always on.

Now if only the dps nubs would stop attacking indiviual targets that still hit me, my poor healers would be so much happier not having to heal damage from 3 mobs at a time for every encounter.

TASTY!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1028 on: September 04, 2013, 05:30:27 PM »

Wait, there are still problems going on?

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1029 on: September 04, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »

Now if only the dps nubs would stop attacking indiviual targets that still hit me, my poor healers would be so much happier not having to heal damage from 3 mobs at a time for every encounter.

Yeah, trying to get PUGs to focus fire seems to be an issue.  The worst is when you have classes onboard that can crowd control with sleep spells, and they bring out the AOEs.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1030 on: September 04, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »

Yeah, trying to get PUGs to focus fire seems to be an issue.  The worst is when you have classes onboard that can crowd control with sleep spells, and they bring out the AOEs.

^This. All day, everyday. LOL

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1031 on: September 04, 2013, 06:41:06 PM »

Twelve be damned, they did it!

I can log in during the evening!

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1032 on: September 04, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »

I've logged in three times today!

MY STARS

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1033 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:59 PM »

And yet my account is still not ok. 1+ week of waiting.
*sigh*

(and yeah, for those on the podcast, there are people who have not been able to play since open beta. We have valid reasons to be pissed off)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:37:42 PM by Annubis » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1034 on: September 04, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »

Got mining up to 20. Holy balls that was a pain in the ass.

I have had no issues getting on today after the servers decided to show up again.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: