Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:53:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334760 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 145898 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1035 on: September 04, 2013, 09:35:15 PM »

Fishing may not be the most exciting way to spend your time in ARR, but the Fishing Guild is the best guild! Even the receptionist is fun to talk to!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1036 on: September 04, 2013, 09:40:06 PM »

I love fishing. I also love how ridiculous the fishing storyline is. "HEY I AM HUNGRY PLEASE MAKE FOODS"

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1037 on: September 05, 2013, 01:16:00 AM »

I've had no problems, either.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1038 on: September 05, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »

You guys liked fishing? I Leveled up to level 5 and I was bored to death. Mining on the other hand I loved.
I guess I'm really not the fishing type person. Neither in real life nor any game has anyone managed to make it interesting to me. Well, at least in FFXIV it doesn't take long to catch something.

There is something I don't understand, does the spot we fish in matter or just the bait ?

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1039 on: September 05, 2013, 09:18:16 AM »

The "area" matters, but I'm not sure the spot within the area matters as much as the bait does. Sisipu warns that if you continue fishing in the same spot the fish will "smarten up" but from my experience I think that's just dialogue for dialogue's sake.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1040 on: September 05, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »

I'm down with Alchemy. Very involved trade. Also, was just reading up on the chocobo quest and it seems like a good time. 
I may get started on that tonight.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1041 on: September 05, 2013, 10:55:51 AM »

Just started a few days ago. I had the normal amount of trouble getting in but once I joined one of the new worlds yesterday, that completely cleared up. Got in straight away everytime both yesterday and today. Having a complete blast with the game so far.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1042 on: September 05, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »

The only thing I don't really like about the game is that they basically removed all the flexibility from the armory system, when the original idea was more like "make your own class" sort of thing. I get that in online games people tend to just go for min/maxing so hybrids suck anyway, but now it's completely laughable to even try. Compared to XI you had things like where DEX would improve your accuracy, critical hit rate and a variety of weapon skills and abilities, here it's just DEX for ranged jobs only, full stop (I guess it's more fair to compare AGI in XI, which increased ranged accuracy/critical hit, evasion, enemy TP gain and certain weapon skills).

Also as I understand it, Gathering and Crafting classes are no longer useful at all. Basically the only unique function crafting provides is socketing the best materia which is something you can pay someone else to do. Gathering is for nothing but making money. Was expecting that you'd get better armor if you went through the trouble of gathering and crafting it yourself, now armor just rains from dungeons and quests.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:49:11 AM by Hathen » Logged
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1043 on: September 05, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »

The only thing I don't really like about the game is that they basically removed all the flexibility from the armory system, when the original idea was more like "make your own class" sort of thing. I get that in online games people tend to just go for min/maxing so hybrids suck anyway, but now it's completely laughable to even try. Compared to XI you had things like where DEX would improve your accuracy, critical hit rate and a variety of weapon skills and abilities, here it's just DEX for ranged jobs only, full stop (I guess it's more fair to compare AGI in XI, which increased ranged accuracy/critical hit, evasion, enemy TP gain and certain weapon skills).

Also as I understand it, Gathering and Crafting classes are no longer useful at all. Basically the only unique function crafting provides is socketing the best materia which is something you can pay someone else to do. Gathering is for nothing but making money. Was expecting that you'd get better armor if you went through the trouble of gathering and crafting it yourself, now armor just rains from dungeons and quests.

Sorry but I beg to differ about gathering and crafting. I like to self-sufficient, I'm not paying anybody for anything. And am currently making a ton of money. Have you seen all the new gathering and crafting AF? Theres alot of higher end synths that are still very viable in the game. And hq food has some amazing stats, potions. That's all I've been pretty much doing is taking care of my fc making gear's, melding, gathering. etc... I would say far far from no longer useful...

doh
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1044 on: September 05, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »

Just did the level 44 dungeon. Man...I swear people are getting worse as I play. I admit I get sloppy on weaponskills...but what fucking kind of moron mage takes to the front lines to cast spells? Fucking healer spams cures and pulls hate like crayz, meanwhile the mage AS FUCKING ALWAYS tries to solo shit and the drg I was with decided to be useful, only he sort of sucked at paying attention.

Btw, ALL PC PLAYERS. I swear, they fucking set up a few macros and keybinds and basically watch tv. They're fucking terrible. I am so glad I went tank, I doubt any tank I've met (Parn aside cuz he's a pal) is worth a damn. Fucking drg tells me you gotta be careful of AoE stuff in the dungeon and the boss has an instant kill AoE you gotta avoid....sure enough he gets tagged by it...twice.

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH MORONS.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1045 on: September 05, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »

No offense to you, 'cause it sounds like you're an exception to the rule. But people *will* be getting worse as you go, because most people who are high level already aren't really taking the time to learn the game but instead are rushing full force to the end game.

I mean, I just ran Satasha with a couple of Legacy players and the only reason we didn't get wiped is BECAUSE they were level synced 50's with AF gear. Hopefully within a month or so people will start to learn the game better and parties will improve accordingly.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1046 on: September 05, 2013, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm not on a legacy server, so I shouldn't be having that problem. Besides, it's ffxi basics like initial attack gets priority hate and cure spam builds hate fast that I don't get people not knowing. I spent 3 almost 4 years as a dark knight on XI, and I learned how to tank in XIV in the course of 4 days. It's not hard....nothing in this game is hard outside of getting to play it.

In other news, I can start my AF quest soon.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1047 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:02 PM »

I think they were aiming to make FFXI-2 at this point, pushing people towards jobs.  I will say, they missed an opportunity to get rid of that stat allocation illusion of choice silliness.  What archer wouldn't put their points in dex?

You definitely get a lot of stuff, but only on the first class you take to 50 for the most part.  After that?  There won't be a ton of quests handing out gear for successive playthroughs.  The story quests were a one time deal.  Gil is also pretty limited, much of it coming from those quests we're going through on our first run to 50.  I think we'll get a better feel for it all later when it's time to level more classes to 50.  That's where player dependence on the markets should really kick in, in theory anyway.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1048 on: September 05, 2013, 07:14:15 PM »

My account has finally been fixed. I had to wait 10 days for it...
What sucks though is that I don't get the extra 7 days.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1049 on: September 06, 2013, 02:00:52 AM »

So I got the game today and I just found out that all the servers I want to play on have locked out character creation. Well there goes my fucking point for playing.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: