Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:02:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334631 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144460 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1050 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:04 AM »

titan fight is bullshit just died about 10 times

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1051 on: September 06, 2013, 02:55:24 AM »

titan fight is bullshit just died about 10 times

I blame the difficulty on morons who don't know how to avoid attacks and don't save trapped allies.

So I got the game today and I just found out that all the servers I want to play on have locked out character creation. Well there goes my fucking point for playing.
Give it a couple more days, they should be opening the character creation again.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1052 on: September 06, 2013, 08:56:47 AM »

blame the difficulty on morons who don't know how to avoid attacks and don't save trapped allies.

As do I.  The fight requires that all players pay attention, and DPS classes up until that point had a fairly easy go.  Titan uses landslide about three seconds after he does his arena move, and from then on does it every ten seconds against someone that is not the tank like clockwork.  I can understand messing up, especially when you're learning the fight for the first time.  Lord knows, I make plenty of mistakes as a tank as I go.  But after the 29th retry, it's just flat out incompetence.  I don't give a shit that you're in the middle of a spellcast Mr. Black Mage.  Landslide happens every 10 seconds like clockwork.  Don't just fucking stand there, thinking your spell takes priority.  Notice how we're losing repeatedly?  Maybe it's because you refuse to work with the team and refuse to learn from your mistakes.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1053 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:11 PM »

My frustration was the healer who couldn't see it in time. I mean shit, there's this huge fucking line that comes out of him in your direction....stay out of it.

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1054 on: September 06, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »

I'm actually having issues with Titan hard precisely because of that line.  I've been 2-3 steps away (4, once) and still get hit by it.  The lag  and latency issues from beta are still there and is only more pronounced on Titan where it's instant kill.  People from end-game LSs are reporting it can be a huge problem for people from certain regions, and I'm seeing it too.

Here's a trick for normal mode, though:
You can run towards him.  If you can get close enough, it won't knock you off the edge, even during the second part of the battle with the smaller platform.  This way, you do take a bit of damage, but it's better than being killed.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1055 on: September 06, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »

I have had zero issues getting online lately and have been having a blast. Still pretty low level, but alas.

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1056 on: September 06, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »

im my experience with titan battle so far scholar healer is far superior to whm. whm just has a tendancy to run out of mp, moreso when they are lvl 34 wich is often and dont have regen. but even with that theres always that one DD that fucks it up.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1057 on: September 06, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »

Holy balls is Archer boring to play in the first handful of dungeons. I'm really hoping Bard is a worthwhile investment because running the first two dungeons has been a complete snoozefest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1058 on: September 06, 2013, 05:26:41 PM »

The next fucking asshole who feeds me a line of shit about certain mo es being unstunnable is gonna find my size 13 foot crammed so far up his or her ass that he or she will be filtering their air through my sock for a month. I have stunned EVERY fucking move in the game that has a startup window. Some of the big ones like hellfire and geocrush off the primals or the ones where there's a special mechanic I get resists but every normal special has been effectively halted every time. Fuck you assholes, I was an xbob drk and managed to stun anything I paid attention to. I know how to react.

Also, temple of qarn is a bitch, and teratotaur can get fucked by a rusty gladius.

TASTY!
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1059 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »

i actuallu think terataur is easy its the bee's that spawn 1hko'ing the DD's.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1060 on: September 06, 2013, 08:11:25 PM »

The next fucking asshole who feeds me a line of shit about certain mo es being unstunnable is gonna find my size 13 foot crammed so far up his or her ass that he or she will be filtering their air through my sock for a month. I have stunned EVERY fucking move in the game that has a startup window. Some of the big ones like hellfire and geocrush off the primals or the ones where there's a special mechanic I get resists but every normal special has been effectively halted every time. Fuck you assholes, I was an xbob drk and managed to stun anything I paid attention to. I know how to react.

Also, temple of qarn is a bitch, and teratotaur can get fucked by a rusty gladius.

I think you need to take a break from this game my friend.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1061 on: September 06, 2013, 11:45:35 PM »

You must be one of them there Legacy players:)

doh
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1062 on: September 07, 2013, 02:36:37 AM »

Well the fixes SE have put in seem to have helped and i can login in the evening. 

On the subject of the special attacks, i've been getting annoyed that even when i see an enemy mob do a special with the red area marked, im still getting hit by it even when I've moved way out of it.  i've got an excellent connection to the server and it doesnt play laggy but this still seems to happen.  Im only low level so its not usually lethal but is this is an "issue" with the game and you guys get this happening to you aswell?   
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1063 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:51 AM »

BOOM BLACK MAGE AND WHITE MAGE UNLOCKED YES

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 07, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »

I got DCed last night and then got some error number when I tried to log back in. Seems okay this morning though.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: