Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 12:31:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338111 Posts in 13842 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 155475 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: September 08, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »

Linkshells are chat channels pretty much.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: September 08, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »

i posit a question. should anything be done to help DD's get into dungeons faster with duty finder? the best solution i can come up with is to add an additional DD spot and maybe reserve one of the DD spots for DoM DD's. as a tank i hate tanking multiple mobs in later dungeons due to the complete lack of crowd control.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: September 08, 2013, 01:43:14 PM »

Oh I know darkhold is easy. I've run it a solid 7 times now, and only when people who "blame lag" have caused failures for the run.

Eh, I have lagged once or twice on that boss.  I was four steps away from the red line during the second part of the battle where he just spawns everything he has and still got hit.

Unless they're messing up over and over and over, in which case it's not lag, but there is that annoying delay and latency issue where you get hit when clearly being out of the red sometimes.

Edit:
Alisha, about the Crowd Control,  if you have a WHM, teach them to Repose.  WHM should be Reposing, in fact.  It's not hard, I think some just want to be lazy.  SCH just has to brute force it, though.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: September 08, 2013, 10:55:25 PM »

I ran Tam Tam and Copperbell  with a friend and some really good people tonight. Got a good drop from both. My archer on Behemoth is now on par with my alt over on Diabolos. Question: Is it wise to switch to Bard as soon as I have the required levels or should I level my classes more? Does it matter efficiency-wise?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: September 09, 2013, 01:43:50 AM »

I ran Tam Tam and Copperbell  with a friend and some really good people tonight. Got a good drop from both. My archer on Behemoth is now on par with my alt over on Diabolos. Question: Is it wise to switch to Bard as soon as I have the required levels or should I level my classes more? Does it matter efficiency-wise?
Bard level directly correlates to archer level. Level 40 archer=level 40 bard.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: September 09, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »

I find it hilarious that they are opening up character creation on servers again...EXCEPT for the server I have characters on or want to make a new character on!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: September 09, 2013, 01:53:20 PM »

EDIT: Nevermind, found the information I was looking for.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:48:46 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: September 09, 2013, 05:09:59 PM »

How many retainers can you have?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: September 09, 2013, 06:08:16 PM »

I have two at the moment.  I haven't made an attempt to get a third.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: September 09, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »

Follow up question. When do I get my second? I need more space! or I need to stop being an obsessive crafter. Haha...like the second is ever going to happen...

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: September 09, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »

Just apply for one the same way you did your first.  If there's a level requirement, I'm not aware of it.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: September 09, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »

Level 50 warrior get!

TASTY!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: September 10, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »

Aaaaand they're adding iLevel requirements to dungeons.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/86522-All-Worlds-Maintenance-%28Sept.-11%29?p=1232837&viewfull=1#post1232837

I'm out once my trial period is up.  As much as I enjoy this game, this is a hard line I draw.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: September 10, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »

I can only imagine that being a good thing so you won't get people with crummy gear in your group. Just don't have time for the gear ladder?
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: September 10, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »

I'd rather not get into a huge rant and make an attention whore of myself, but I'll go with a small one.  

I actually have decent gear at the moment (Darklight healing set) and tend to keep up with upgrades, so it's not really about how it affects me.  It promotes carrying by friends.  If a group wants to get someone built up, they'll just run them through the dungeons to get them gear, no matter how bad the player is.  It's not a wall; it doesn't prevent bad players from entering areas at all and bad players are the problem, not good players with bad gear.  In fact, since everyone was complaining about badly geared DDs in AK, I ran with a DRG with a 44 weapon equipped (even the tank pointed it out and laughed) that did more damage, and avoided attacks better, than one two runs later with a Garuda weapon equipped.

tl;dr
It's pointless. It does nothing.  It's a policy I utterly despise.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: