Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329969 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 131078 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »

Dungeon queue times are brutal.  But as soon as I start a company leve, and I'm almost finished...there it is.  And I have to forfeit my seals on the off chance I'll get a good drop..which I don't. Don't u find that irritating?  Yes u can run fates but that's a crap shoot at this stage.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: September 13, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »

got full foestriker set

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 14, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »

Finally finished my crafts and AF:

Here's how to min/max a crafting set:

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: September 14, 2013, 11:37:51 AM »

I wish I could get through Stone Vigil, without having horrible party members :/

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: September 14, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »

Finally finished my crafts and AF:

From left to right, old timey airplane mechanic, samurai welder pirate with a ascot, arabian prince, prostitute doctor, tf2 player, etc
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: September 14, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »

What dungeon would u guys consider the first really challenging one?  I've done up to tam tam and they've been fairly easy with competent players. Just curious. Not saying I'm a great player or anything..

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: September 15, 2013, 02:57:08 AM »

What dungeon would u guys consider the first really challenging one?  I've done up to tam tam and they've been fairly easy with competent players. Just curious. Not saying I'm a great player or anything..
Well considering deepcroft is the second dungeon, I hope it's not been too troublesome. Probably Toto Rak or Halatali is when you'll see a slight spike in difficulty.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: September 15, 2013, 03:21:24 AM »

Ahhh. I'm a moron. To to rak is what I meant. The fifth dungeon. I ran it earlier tonight and had zero problems. Of course it all depends on the skills of the party. The tank and healer were solid, in particular.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:37:43 AM by Esper_Crusader » Logged

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: September 15, 2013, 04:08:10 AM »

Ahhh. I'm a moron. To to rak is what I meant. The fourth dungeon. I ran it earlier tonight and had zero problems. Of course it all depends on the skills of the party. The tank and healer were solid, in particular.
Well, story wise, Haukke Manor is next and I know it can be troublesome for some people, especially an ill prepared tank or healer. After that is Brayflox's Longstop, where it's going to become more common to want to sleep enemies and mark targets, meaning your tank is gonna.be working harder. The first HARD dungeon is probably Sunken Temple.of Qarn. Between teratotaur's full screen doom, the temple guardian's desire to randomly run up and hit everyone but the tank, and the final boss in general....I see a lot of parties fail that one.

Did an Amdapor keep run tonight with a moron monk, a newb white mage, and arguably the greatest bard I have met (my buddy Ishia). The monk decided he knew everything after we wiped to the first boss, apparently his lazy ass couldn't be bothered to maintain himself while fighting an add from the boss. After he left, we got a replacement monk who was equally stupid. Wiped twice at the second boss because (as I suggested we make warnings when they were coming) the whm and the monk decided not to pay attention to a move that knocked them.off the arena and died. Third time, with the boss almost dead, they ate it again and fell off but I managed to shave his health down while bouncing between inner beast heals and active attacking. Final boss...easiest boss in the dungeon, and the asshole white mage paid no attention to the massive AoE 1 shot move that has a 5 second or so start up and is easily avoided by anyone who can open their damn eyes. 2 hours....wasted.

TASTY!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: September 15, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

@ Tenchi:

So do you have that materia setup on all of your crafts? And with that much craft and control I assume you can hq anything anytime even with nq mats? Even all the top tier synths?

Reason I'm asking, I also have all the AF and tools done on all crafts. I started maxing on BSM, not like you have, but am working my way down the line. I can at least do all the top tier synths on all crafts now with craft food...

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:57:37 AM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: September 15, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »

to me as a pld brayflox was the first hard one.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: September 15, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »

I failed the level 20 Lancer quest because I killed the boss... you're supposed to just clean the adds and then a cutscene shows you losing to the boss.
I preferred my version of the story =/
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: September 16, 2013, 08:59:54 AM »

Was thinking of picking this up, but I've never really played an MMORPG before, and don't have time to sink hours in everyday.

Most games of these type seem to be mostly about building the best DPS character you can and grinding for loot.

If you're not into that type of game, is it really for you?
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »

Short answer: Yes
Not so short answer: I've tried many MMOs for what I think are a little more than ten years now, but none of them could grab my attention for more than one or two weeks not even playing with friends and family. Guild Wars 2 came pretty close, but since I only now in real life one person that has the game but stopped playing I play mostly by myself. FFXIV I think it's excellent to play alone or with people, but unlike most I've tried, this one makes is extremely easy to group, thanks to the Duty Finder.

Some people may complain about people who "don't know how to play" but honesty, the games gradually shows you the ropes on how to play. I personally never had a problem with a party.
So in the end, I recommend it, especially if you are a Final Fantasy fan.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: September 16, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »

I have to post this, if only for the name:

Crafting Guide/theorycrafting - Don't let crafters fool you, learn 1 simple trick discovered by a mom to HQ every time.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mh6um/
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: