Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327662 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 118562 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »

It's funny that the one thing in this game that could benefit from a nerf (okay, maybe "benefit" is the wrong word) is crafting. It just seems too easy to be able to completely ignore the Market Boards except to make money from the suckers who use the Market Boards.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 17, 2013, 06:43:29 AM »

@ Tenchi:

So do you have that materia setup on all of your crafts? And with that much craft and control I assume you can hq anything anytime even with nq mats? Even all the top tier synths?

Reason I'm asking, I also have all the AF and tools done on all crafts. I started maxing on BSM, not like you have, but am working my way down the line. I can at least do all the top tier synths on all crafts now with craft food...

Thanks

Right now I have that setup on WVR and LTW while slowly building the other sets. The limited availability and cost of the Tier IV Materia makes it hard to keep those numbers. I have all my new Luminary tools and all the AF is HQ'd so I can slide a bit on Materia stacking. I also have all the HQ militia offhands which are super important.

Sadly no I don't  HQ with 100% success every time; the RNG still catches me up on occasion lol. I can pretty much HQ everything up through, and including, the one star items without using HQ materials 95% of the time, but anything ilevel45+ requires Byregot's Blessing to HQ with any consistency. There is a little trick to it though for the single star pieces. I find CP food to be invaluable because your saving your Inner Quiet stacks for Byregot's, not Rumination so you can end up in a CP deficit really easily.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:32:06 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 17, 2013, 06:50:11 AM »

It's funny that the one thing in this game that could benefit from a nerf (okay, maybe "benefit" is the wrong word) is crafting. It just seems too easy to be able to completely ignore the Market Boards except to make money from the suckers who use the Market Boards.

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. There's alot of slots that simply dont get filled with any reliability from just quests, particularly as you get higher level (belts, jewelry). The MB is a great place to fill that stuff for pretty cheap because theres so many people crafting. Also if you craft for your own useage, unless you have the time and the ability to farm all your materials, the MB is your only source of the stuff.  And believe me, leveling a gathering class is no overnight process. It may not seem apparent, but especially when you're gearing for endgame, unless your FC has a pocket craftsman, you're going to use the MB.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 17, 2013, 06:54:07 AM »

I have to post this, if only for the name:

Crafting Guide/theorycrafting - Don't let crafters fool you, learn 1 simple trick discovered by a mom to HQ every time.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1mh6um/

Read it, half of it is garbage. You absolutely must have several of the level 50 abilities if you hope to be able to HQ anything of value with reliability. You also don't need half of the crap that person recommends. I have a guide written on my FC forums. When I add the advanced section I'll post it here.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:39 AM »

Decided to try out Conjurer and am having a great time. It is a lot more enjoyable than I would have guessed. Still learning the ropes but things are going well so far. Only tried low level stuff so mistakes are not disastrous to the party. The short wait time for duty finder is awesome. Most people are still learning at these guildleve levels so it is giving me plenty of experience in various scenarios. Gaining enmity when enemy reinforcements arrive when I am in the middle of healing is my largest problem right now but running towards the tank usually solves it. Think I have grasped the basics so going to try Sastasha later.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1160 on: September 17, 2013, 03:01:29 PM »

Duty finder second dungeon....no words for the amount of fail that run. we finshed it but my god.... Tank pulls everything,  puglist never moved out of the big red triangle of doom.  Tank did not know anything about priority targets so the mage just kept vaporizing the healer unless my archer off tanked it. oh another thing, all hell broke lose on two are more mob pulls. Healer  just stands there and eat mob hits after i bind arrow  it...repeatedly. Last boss no one but me  was fast on killing that mob that heals the boss asap.... the 2nd time I was the ONLY one dpsing it........lastly, no one spoke English. THAT WAS A FUN RUN ^_^
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1161 on: September 17, 2013, 08:20:29 PM »

Chronix....I know your pain.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1162 on: September 17, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »

First few dungeons are easy but the mark of a good tank is designating priority targets.1,2,3 and DPS to draw aggro away from trouble spots to deal with targets individually where possible. At least that's what I've gathered so far..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 17, 2013, 10:27:53 PM »

First few dungeons are easy but the mark of a good tank is designating priority targets.1,2,3 and DPS to draw aggro away from trouble spots to deal with targets individually where possible. At least that's what I've gathered so far..

A good tank who isn't on PS3. On PS3 I tried to mark but either I was missing something or it wasn't quite taking, so someone else had to cover for me.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1164 on: September 17, 2013, 11:24:27 PM »

A friend of mine on PS3 said the same thing. He wasn't at all comfortable with the interface for a while but apparently its doable after a while. I'm checking out his version soon and I'm very interested to see how it works with a ps3 controller.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1165 on: September 18, 2013, 12:36:55 AM »

i find marking targets to be useless most of the time.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1166 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:05 AM »

Only if your party members are on the distal ends of crappy or good. Crappy players won't attack the same thing even if they're marked and good players (especially if they're familiar with each other) will attack the same thing without you needing to bother.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1167 on: September 18, 2013, 01:48:10 AM »

My hombre Hathen is right on the money. Idiots who can't be bothered to avoid AoEs and such are generally the reason marking targets is an exercise in frustration. Good players don't need target marks as they follow the tank anyway. My main reason for marking is simply due to sleeps. 2+=sleep if you can. And as a ps3 user, my only complaint about marking is FUCKING GODDAMN SUMMONERS AND SCHOLARS AND THEIR FUCKING PETS. Every time I go for marks on a 3+ group, I almost always end up marking an Ifrit. Drives me insane I tell you.

5 consecutive Ampador Keep runs, no tank gear at all. This is really pissing me off.

TASTY!
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1168 on: September 18, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

Just got through with Ifrit, pretty fun fight. Also, one thing that really impresses me about this game is the clothes.  Very  nice attention to  details.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1169 on: September 18, 2013, 05:20:56 PM »

Digital Downloads are back up on Square Enix store in case you know someone who wants to play.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: