Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 09:14:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334706 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 145370 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: September 18, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »

Did Sastoshi for the first time with a healer. The Tank was new and apologised in advance for not knowing how to draw aggro. We all said it was fine and he should just do his best. We wiped to an early mob due to too much enemies swarming us and attacking the whole team but things really picked up after that though and it was totally awesome watching the tank grow into his role. It went from me spamming cure and avoiding the enemies drawn by the aggro to rarely getting aggro from healing and the tank was quick to take it from me once I pushed it away with fluid aura or ran towards him. The two DPS were great too. Denn went perfectly with no casualties.

By far the most fun I have had in a party created from Duty Finder. I have been in more skilled teams but this had that fun aspect you have when you party with friends or people from your FC. Hopefully Tam Tara Deepcroft will go as well.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: September 18, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »

That reminds me of earlier this week when I finally got my CNJ class high enough for group content, realized I hadn't played a healer in a party in a really long time, and started freaking out that I was going to get the entire team killed and they would all hate me. Grew back in to the role just fine, though.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: September 19, 2013, 12:31:46 AM »

Just got my second battledance III materia, and am now preparing to fight dhorme chimera. I am deathly afraid cuz this group has shite for gear.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: September 19, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »

Questions about materia

#1 Can you retrieve them off gear or do you need new materias every time you switch gear ?
#2 I've seen some colors or whatnot on gear, is there a socket color thing going on ?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: September 19, 2013, 04:14:03 AM »

Nope for the retrieval, once on, you can only remove them via destruction of the materia. The other part of the question i don't know.

Successfully obtained my unfinished bravura. Also, 3/5 hoplite armor, and 2 accessory pieces as well  on top of 3 darklight accessories. My war is coming along well.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: September 19, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »

just from what ive seen materia looks pretty useless. stats just arent weighted heavily enough. i do really like determination though. in limited testing i did determination boost my damage by more than the same amount of str does.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: September 19, 2013, 01:07:32 PM »

There's a goblin by the materia quest guys that's supposed to be able to retrieve materia isn't there?

And materia is fucking weird. 'Whoa there buddy, you can't put any crit on that level 20 ring. You want to put it on that level 15 necklace instead? Yeah, that's fine.'

Though my highest combat class is just 20 initial impression is to agree with Alisha. Materia doesn't do shit except make me feel useful as a goldsmith. So who does it randomly not work for no reason whatsoever?
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: September 19, 2013, 03:43:35 PM »

Seems us on Ultros are getting free earrings.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/93517
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: September 19, 2013, 06:12:20 PM »

Sweet! I'm glad I was able to create a character there. Sad is a barely play it.
I tried to find you guys the other day but I think I had a bad timing to log in. Also, this new character is very low level, I just created to reserve a spot so I can play there when I max my healer.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: September 20, 2013, 01:25:31 AM »

So i'm 2/3 on the primal fights now, and just need 800 tomestones of philosophy and a titan hardmode kill for my very own bravura. So excited!

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: September 20, 2013, 05:13:23 AM »

There's a goblin by the materia quest guys that's supposed to be able to retrieve materia isn't there?

And materia is fucking weird. 'Whoa there buddy, you can't put any crit on that level 20 ring. You want to put it on that level 15 necklace instead? Yeah, that's fine.'

Though my highest combat class is just 20 initial impression is to agree with Alisha. Materia doesn't do shit except make me feel useful as a goldsmith. So who does it randomly not work for no reason whatsoever?

Materia is incredibly useful. The thing is people are only looking at two things: available slots and stat caps on pre-existing stats. If you looked at the image I posted of my crafting AF Materia meld, you can see you can boosts stats quite high with Materia. Certain stats like Vit and Pie have direct influences you can benefit from (HP and MP). The beauty of the Materia system is you can build stats on items that don't have them natively. Got a STR and DEX ring? Add some VIT and Crit. Got a VIT earring? Meld it with INT for a Caster or STR/DEX for melee. Or just stack Determination. The choice is yours. As single pieces they may not seem to have much impact but you get three or more pieces multiple melded and it's night and day. Of course the slot and item level are going to define what stats and how much of a boost you can gain. There's a bit of a gamble when you start looking at forbidden melds, but you can diversify tremendously.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: September 20, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »

SOOO happy to be done with the gauntlet of level 20 story quests.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: September 20, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »

I have been leveling my crafting stuff on my Diabolos character. I am torn. My friend doesn't play often at all, but my character is already 21 gladiator and 10+ in all crafting and several other classes. I am tempted to change servers yet again, but I really don't want to go through all the story stuff again. I seriously have 3 different characters at 20ish.Blah.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: September 20, 2013, 05:35:45 PM »

Ran Copperbell mines with a Tank and two archers today. Probably my hardest dungeon so far for me. The Tank never used a single flash throughout and unfortunately didn't know how to speak English either so he couldn't understand what we were saying. If I were to guess why I would say he did the first two dungeons as a DPS and switched to Tank to avoid the long DPS wait times. It is only the third dungeon so I didn't really mind as everyone is still learning their roles but it led to quite the challenge.

One of the Archers quit after him and the Tank were insta killed from the bombs explosion. Fair dues for the other archer on the team, he single handedly won the fight after that only needing me to heal him a few times. Thought we were going to have to quit with only 3 members but thankfully an arcanist arrived and all I have to say is Holy Shit! Topaz Carbuncle is an awesome Tank. Everything went great after that. We ran a bit close on the last boss but beat it first time.

It may be odd to say this but playing a healer is helping me understand how I can play other classes better when I switch back to them. The same goes when I play another role and can see what that role needs in a healer/dps/tank. I always had a high respect for tanks but this fight made me see DPS in a different light. Major Kudos to all you DPS out there. I know that your contribution to a party is often overlooked.

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: September 20, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »

Ran Copperbell mines with a Tank and two archers today. Probably my hardest dungeon so far for me. The Tank never used a single flash throughout and unfortunately didn't know how to speak English either so he couldn't understand what we were saying. If I were to guess why I would say he did the first two dungeons as a DPS and switched to Tank to avoid the long DPS wait times. It is only the third dungeon so I didn't really mind as everyone is still learning their roles but it led to quite the challenge.

One of the Archers quit after him and the Tank were insta killed from the bombs explosion. Fair dues for the other archer on the team, he single handedly won the fight after that only needing me to heal him a few times. Thought we were going to have to quit with only 3 members but thankfully an arcanist arrived and all I have to say is Holy Shit! Topaz Carbuncle is an awesome Tank. Everything went great after that. We ran a bit close on the last boss but beat it first time.

It may be odd to say this but playing a healer is helping me understand how I can play other classes better when I switch back to them. The same goes when I play another role and can see what that role needs in a healer/dps/tank. I always had a high respect for tanks but this fight made me see DPS in a different light. Major Kudos to all you DPS out there. I know that your contribution to a party is often overlooked.
That damn thing can hold better aggro then some tanks easily. keep it healed and you can easily solo boss fates. Just takes FOREVER. As Archer I have pulled aggro from not so good tanks frequently, that Carbuncle I have to fight for it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 07:04:25 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: