Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:10:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334433 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 143438 times)
ferretwraith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: September 26, 2013, 12:34:33 AM »

I feel like the part that makes me go "hmm" is the part where people want to invite the pld FIRST.  The game is too easy to worry about how efficient each member slot is?  The tank who increases the party's kill speed does not outrank the tank who... tanks?  I am not too worried, as every duty finder I've entered to this point has been literally instant.  Coming from old ffxi, where a ninja dealing damage like a true DD is a party champion, and the pld can level another job if he wants merit points, this sort of logic really confuses me.

I guess it makes sense if dropped to half health, then the healer needs to move before he can finish casting, then my health gets dropped again and death follows.  Perhaps I should just embrace it, level pld as well and be damn thankful that the jobs share 90% of the same gear.  Or maybe I shouldn't be worried about any of this if everything difficult is based on rather or not people can avoid flashing red icons on the ground, I really don't know at this point.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: September 26, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »

So the devs don't think it's a problem that folks can grind out 250k exp in certain FATEs in half an hour or less. Wonderful.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: September 26, 2013, 02:40:50 PM »

i dont see how its a problem?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: September 26, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »

Fate grinding itself isn't a problem, grinding a single fate where instead of doing the fate you run the timer and kill other infinitely respawning enemies via mass AoE attacks is.

TASTY!
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: September 27, 2013, 12:04:41 PM »

im fine with it.

anyways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mScwhyd12Xg

:D

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: September 27, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »

That's actually part of my problem there. The whole game seems to be far too focused on FATEs. It seems like every event for the first six months is "Find FATE, get tokens, exchange tokens for prizes." Not very fun, far too easy to farm, and just seems lazy.

I don't have a problem with people grinding through the game on FATEs alone, per se, but right now the balance of rewards is such that it would be stupid not to do that. Also, as Agent D said, you shouldn't be able to grind half the exp from 49 to 50 by taking advantage of endlessly spawning mobs.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: September 27, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »

i think its fine since the other choice would be dungeons. i dont know what level you are but theres a point in the game where if you leveled mostly from quests you will be lvl 45/46 and the next story quest isnt until lvl 49. guildhest would be good if the completion bonus always applied. and battle class leve's are a joke.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: September 27, 2013, 07:42:17 PM »

That I can agree with you on. Battle Leves need a LOT of imporvement in rewards vs. completion time. Though I also admit that the Leves also hold the most potential offering some really interesting main objectives and optional distractions.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: September 27, 2013, 07:58:12 PM »

Considering I hit 50 before the advent of the super fate grind, there's really no problem with using fates and quests for level ups, as well as dungeons. You really want to get the most bang for your buck, take advantage of that rested exp bonus in dungeons. 1k per enemy in areas like darkhold is pretty easy exp. This crap with the fates and respawning enemies is crap though, mostly because if you're not 1 of the 3 or 4 parties in control of the mob spawn, you get nothing for 15 minutes and screamed at for doing the fate correctly. So yeah, not a fan of how SE isn't handling it right now.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: September 27, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »

Considering I hit 50 before the advent of the super fate grind

I thought FATE parties started in beta, or are you just referring to DD and the like?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: September 27, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »

screamed at for doing the fate correctly

All the more reason to finish it.  This reminds me of how empire and republic players in TOR kept flipping outposts on the last pvp planet to fulfill their daily quest objective and avoided fighting one another as intended.  I would put a stop to that shit everytime I arrived on scene with my friends.  Attacked faction enemies on sight.  Instant lulz in shout.

Seriously, fuck 'em.

In other news, working on fishing again.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: September 27, 2013, 09:41:58 PM »

Yeah I'm referring to the consistent "Don't kill the lambs nub" shouting in northern thanalan during Dark Devices. It's insane that people get upset by this and even moreso that it's expected that 50+ people not in a party during it are expected to wait around while the 3 parties rake in their exp.

Is it just me or is everyone playing this generally complete morons at understanding that this isn't WoW? Seriously, I don't get how level 50 players haven't figured out how hate works yet. It's not even hard to understand, more damage=more hate. Larger healing=more hate. Slow down attacking = LESS HATE. I am ready to start completely stopping runs when fucking DD start doing that. I'll just fucking stand there until the DD stop pulling hate before me or grab mobs on their own, I seriously can't deal with it much more. Fucking stop attacking everything and concentrate on a single target, and don't fucking make it a challenge for me to keep hate off you, if you've got hate throttle off the weaponskills goddamnit. God, fucking hate these wowtards everywhere.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: September 27, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »

You need to manage aggro in WoW. Actually its probably XI players if anything that don't have a clue how aggro works, given how fucked it was in that game.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: September 28, 2013, 02:04:22 AM »

You need to manage aggro in WoW. Actually its probably XI players if anything that don't have a clue how aggro works, given how fucked it was in that game.

Depends... along the years, healer aggro in WoW was reduced a lot. It was pretty much impossible to steal aggro with heals at Naxxramas already.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: September 28, 2013, 10:13:25 AM »

Check out this awful looking weapon...Seriously, SE designs some horrible looking equipment but this has to be the ugliest one yet. Oh its a bow by the way, at first glance who knows what it might be...

doh
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: