Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 01:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338684 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 157177 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: September 28, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

That was bad enough to make me laugh, which is something I suppose.

To be honest I don't think most of the equipment looks bad, but a lot of it looks very...plain. I was really disappointed that I replaced my AF gear so quickly with Toxote's gear, which is just a set of generic cotton clothing. I can't even dye most parts of the set. Feels a lot like XI in that there's not a lot of overall variety in armor because they made sure that each one looked nice.

The game also has some serious problems with weapons and armor clipping through each other. It's pretty sloppy. Weird thing is that they never did it this much in XI because they made sure to check the models in their own viewer before they finalized the implementation (There's a dev screenshot of it somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig it up right now).
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1246 on: September 28, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »

Yeah I'm referring to the consistent "Don't kill the lambs nub" shouting in northern thanalan during Dark Devices. It's insane that people get upset by this and even moreso that it's expected that 50+ people not in a party during it are expected to wait around while the 3 parties rake in their exp.

Then get in a party or go do a faster FATE. Those of us in a party don't want to stand around grinding FATEs for an extra 45 minutes because of the 50 people who just wanted to bounce in were in such a rush to GET IN AND GET OUT. Why's their time more important than the people in a group? Here's what you do-- if you're in a hurry, go do another FATE. Let the people (like me) who want to get XP doing Dark Devices get our XP. You get done faster, we get our XP-- everyone wins, and no one has to bitch about it!

You're being willfully ignorant saying "it's insane that people get upset" that you rob them of a chance to get 100k xp instead of, like, 10k. Sounds to me like it's insane that people don't understand why people would want 100k XP instead of 10-20.

Furthermore, fuck the FC people that were hiding in the corner killing the lambs immediately and then tele'ing out.*

EDIT:
*on Hyperion last night
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:25:52 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: September 28, 2013, 03:01:56 PM »

You're being willfully ignorant saying "it's insane that people get upset" that you rob them of a chance to get 100k xp instead of, like, 10k. Sounds to me like it's insane that people don't understand why people would want 100k XP instead of 10-20.

No he's right. This is bad game design and whoever made that FATE fucked up majorly.
Don't go yelling at others for having fun and playing the game. They aren't wilfully trying to hurt you. You just come off as a jerk.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1248 on: September 28, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »

Dude you basically established why it's horseshit. How dare you tell me to go elsewhere and fate grind, you go spawn mobs elsewhere....oh wait you can't. The fact that you expect people to simply play your game when the pay for it is horseshit. I like you Taelus, but that's fuck all retarded that you feel that way.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: September 28, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »

Finished the main story just now.  They really saved just about everything for the last leg and meandered way too much for 30 levels.  Hoping the expansion pack that will be here in about a year is a lot more... focused.  Had a fun time at any rate.
ferretwraith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: September 28, 2013, 06:59:58 PM »

I think the fate situation does need to change.  It has directly caused me to not be interested in playing this weekend.  The most rewarding activity in the game should not be the most lag-ridden, boring, repititous, hate spreading nonsense that exists in said game.  I know I could do something else which requires effort to advance at 1/3rd the speed, but that just seems silly when people in my fc are already talking about having completed relic weapons and multiple classes at 50.  My temporary solution, is to not advance at all! (flawless logic)

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: September 28, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »

Just Finished Titan normal. Very fun fight,  managed to down it after the pug wiped badly the 2nd time.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: September 29, 2013, 12:08:43 AM »

I just love how people bitch at me when I run a dungeon for the first time and expect me to know the strategy. And I clearly state that its my first run.. Fuck. Its a game. I know it's an investment but it really ruins the enjoyment.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: September 29, 2013, 12:12:47 AM »

The community in this game is quickly becoming toxic, as there's plenty of stories of people using the dungeon finder and shouts running into people that ruin Hardmode Titan runs on purpose so they're more likely to buy their wins from big FC/linkshells. The duty finder is awful because there's no item level requirements so people show up to level cap dungeons in level 30 accessories and do things like continuously wipe the party after stripping naked or just afking and taking up space. It blows my mind that they didn't have the foresight to at least add in a party kick function. The game is a griefer's paradise right now because of how it's been designed.

I've been avoiding FATE trains, I usually run dungeons or I'm just gaining XP while farming crafting materials as I'm leveling Lancer for Blood for Blood. It's going really slowly, but thankfully I'm not the least bit interested in getting more battle classes to level cap.

They really should've put more quests in the game.

Finished the main story just now.  They really saved just about everything for the last leg and meandered way too much for 30 levels.  Hoping the expansion pack that will be here in about a year is a lot more... focused.  Had a fun time at any rate.

I'm guessing its a response to the "why only a story quest every 5 levels" complaint leveled at 1.0...their response to clog it with stuff like "Great hero of light, Titan has reawakened and is ravaging the countryside, please save us all...but before you do that, please travel across the continent so you can obtain a block of cheese" not only makes the main story less effective, but is also missing the point. Honestly, people probably only complained about that because there was nothing to do in 1.0. They were perfectly okay with making you grind level 46->49 or whatever the final gap was so it's not like it'd hurt to stick a few more of those throughout.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:20:00 AM by Hathen » Logged
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1254 on: September 29, 2013, 12:31:01 AM »

So is there an option somewhere that lets you toggle off DoTs and debuffs on an enemy that aren't yours?  I did Toto-Rak with another arcanist tonight and had a ton of trouble telling when my dots were about to fall off.  Green tinted numbers just don't work for someone as old and blind as me. :P

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: September 29, 2013, 03:40:17 AM »

So I ran through turn 1 of bahamut's coil tonight successfully. Man that boss at the end is hard. Hits like a freight train. We managed to run through turn 2 to the boss, but the group was tired, so we ended up flopping. Honestly, I don't get why game designers go so overboard with bossfights like this. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but for an area where the biggest threat is how agreeable your lag will be,I just don't get it.

Guys, don't even bother considering this area until you're in 90% darklight armor and at least a relic weapon.

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: September 29, 2013, 03:49:06 AM »

Finished the main story just now.  They really saved just about everything for the last leg and meandered way too much for 30 levels.  Hoping the expansion pack that will be here in about a year is a lot more... focused.  Had a fun time at any rate.

I'm guessing its a response to the "why only a story quest every 5 levels" complaint leveled at 1.0...their response to clog it with stuff like "Great hero of light, Titan has reawakened and is ravaging the countryside, please save us all...but before you do that, please travel across the continent so you can obtain a block of cheese" not only makes the main story less effective, but is also missing the point. Honestly, people probably only complained about that because there was nothing to do in 1.0. They were perfectly okay with making you grind level 46->49 or whatever the final gap was so it's not like it'd hurt to stick a few more of those throughout.
Finished this one today and it really had me facepalm.  The fate of a city and its people are in the balance, yet I am out being an errand, catering gopher for a 8 or so quests... um yeah.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: September 29, 2013, 04:27:15 AM »

trying to collect full battlemage set......how the fuck am i seeing so many people in brayflox without jobs unlocked....

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: September 29, 2013, 09:12:49 AM »

I just love how people bitch at me when I run a dungeon for the first time and expect me to know the strategy. And I clearly state that its my first run.. Fuck. Its a game. I know it's an investment but it really ruins the enjoyment.

I had people yelling at me to skip cutscenes on the last two story dungeons.  Haha, not happening.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: September 29, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »

In case some of you were still wondering about it:

Greetings,

We realize that there is a huge demand for vanity slots and the development team would like to implement this as soon as possible. However, implementation will not make it in time for patch 2.1.

We'll be sure to keep you updated on the status, but rest assured that it is on the way!

Link

I really hope cross-server parties are in the work so I can play with some of you folks in DF eventually, even without having to transfer servers.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:47:06 AM by Hathen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: