Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 06:10:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331754 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 137327 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: September 29, 2013, 04:47:05 PM »

Just beat Halatali with a healer today. Got complimented after the Firemane battle which was awesome. It seemed like every wisp entered the fire and exploded causing large damage over a long period. Had to spam Medica to keep everyone alive and ran out of MP just as the fight ended. My favourite fight yet. The Ichorous Ire was probably my favourite boss strategically but Firemane pushed me to my limits. I had never actually used Medica before the fight, disliking how it drew the enemies like a moths to the fire.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: September 29, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »

^ Excellent healing in response to terrible DPS. I don't remember ever taking damage from the fireflies in that fight.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: September 29, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »

Yeah, the DPS are supposed to figure out quickly that they need to take out the firefly adds quickly instead of standing there facerolling the boss.

Been stuck on Hard Mode Titan myself. Always at least one person screwing up the run for everyone else. SE was seriously braindead when they thought of not adding a kick function and not allowing you to restock members in boss fights.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: September 30, 2013, 07:43:29 AM »

Yeah, the DPS are supposed to figure out quickly that they need to take out the firefly adds quickly instead of standing there facerolling the boss.

Been stuck on Hard Mode Titan myself. Always at least one person screwing up the run for everyone else. SE was seriously braindead when they thought of not adding a kick function and not allowing you to restock members in boss fights.

How come all you guys on here just don't get a static group together and do the runs? That way you won't have to put up with people screwing up....

doh
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: September 30, 2013, 08:15:35 AM »

We're all at different stages in the game, and many of us are scattered across different servers. Would be nice if they had a cross-server party invite, it honestly would make sense given that the majority of the game's grouping is done through the Duty Finder.

I do have a Free Company though, though it's a small one and not everyone is level 50 yet. I'm sure when they all hit 50 we'd have no issues killing Titan, I'm mostly just trying my luck with the Duty Finder while they're grinding up. I'm not in some kind of obsessive hurry to get my relic anyway, given there's honestly not much to do in the game after that. I spend most of my playtime doing gathering and crafting.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:28:11 AM by Hathen » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 30, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »

How come all you guys on here just don't get a static group together and do the runs? That way you won't have to put up with people screwing up....

I'm in a free company, levels behind everyone else, but have managed to do all the dungeons so far up to 30 with people in the FC. Of course that only works if they're willing to do dungeons they already did some levels ago, but so far they've been more than willing. Or so they tell me. ;)

I've never actually used the duty finder yet and everytime someone does and I hear about it, it makes me want to use it less and less.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: October 01, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »

The translation will be available soon but we can already tell you that upon the launch of this service, the first 5 days will be free.

The World transfer service will start in the first half of this month.

In other news, Gamespot mortifies XIV fans a second time with a 7.0 score.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1267 on: October 01, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »

"Uh oh! One reviewer doesn't love the game like I do! We should insult them and send them death threats." - The General Gaming Community

In all seriousness, I just had a flick down the review and looked at the pros and cons and I pretty much agree. There is serious grinding involved with levelling up different classes, and I am often frustrated by the simplistic implementation of many combat skills and mechanics.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: October 01, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »

Honestly, the 7~8 ranges seem appropriate for the game if you consider a 5 average, given that still means the game is good (It's not like the Gamespot review is blasting the game or anything like that). I think it has more to do with the fact that all the early reviews for the game came from sites that rate stuff from a scale of like 8-10.

It's pretty accurate that XIV does very little original, though what it does do it does quite well.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1269 on: October 01, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »

Yup, totally agree.

Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: October 01, 2013, 12:46:12 PM »

Just picked it up this weekend. Started with a gladiator on Midgardsomr, probably going to transfer her when world transfers are open.

Impressions:

• Instances feel very barebones for some reason. Trash mobs are completely worthless, making them feel like a total chore. I do enjoy tanking though.
  • Loot balance is lame. Too many crafting drops, not enough weapons or gil.
  • Questing is well balance, but there are too many fetch quests. Also, fuck the Waking Sands, I hate walking to that place.
  • FATEs are the coolest part of the game. It's like a random quest popup that takes 2-3minutes to do.
  • HOLY SHIT GIL SPAMMERS

Overall I'm enjoying it. Aside from the loot balance and spammers, it's superior to WoW in every way.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: October 01, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

So if you've kept up with the devs they've been doing lots of bans of RMT and alleged hacking of the game and someone ended up digging out this guy to show how badly the game might have been hacked.

If the minions that nobody knows the source of arn't a hint, perhaps the fact that he owns a Legacy Chocobo and a Goobbue mount on a non-Legacy server gives you an idea (There's also a screen somewhere of him having like 100 billion gil or something). I find that incredibly amusing, honestly.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:16:21 PM by Hathen » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 01, 2013, 05:05:53 PM »

Been trying to report RMT spammers, but it's tedious without a keyboard. Blocked them all instead. Anyone else on Hyperion noticed that most of them seem concentrated in Ul'Dah? I ended up turning off /shouts, but a few of them send PMs instead. Gah.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: October 01, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »

On the world transfer thing, I know that I won't be doing it on day one.  It'll likely be a clusterfuck.  Best to wait until the second day at least so that some of the dust settles.  It also allows some coordination (if needed).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1274 on: October 01, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »

We should all go to the lamest named server possible.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: