Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2014, 11:00:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340846 Posts in 13927 Topics by 2221 Members
Latest Member: alceste007
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 162032 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: October 01, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »

We should all go to the lamest named server possible.

I vote Lich. Or Malboro. Fuck those guys with their bad breath, I keep getting like 9 status effects from them.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: October 01, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »

I vote Lich. Or Malboro. Fuck those guys with their bad breath, I keep getting like 9 status effects from them.
FUCK YES MALBORO!

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: October 01, 2013, 11:38:39 PM »

Yeah, fuck those bastards, especially if you are low level for the zone they are in and  I want to send any enemies that use heavy to 9th circle of hell while we are at it.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: October 02, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »

It's not even like you can just power through it, either. You get hit by Putrid/Bad Breath and you either die or run away.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: October 02, 2013, 02:36:39 AM »

Lamest server is Ridill. Crappy sword from XI, crappy sword from mythology.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: October 02, 2013, 04:06:52 AM »

Lamest server is Ridill. Crappy sword from XI, crappy sword from mythology.
Hey wasn't the ridill the one from fafnir that was like joyeuse but better, stronger,faster, and more attacks in a single round? Pre abyssea that sword was pnwzors man.

Been mostly fucking around in xiv, shouting for freebie ak runs for people who aren't wielding relics and full Darklight gear who just wanna do the dungeon and not be harassed. I've made a few friends doing that now, and am quickly becoming the people's champ of Ultros. Also spent all of today running ls people through relic weapon stuff like chimera, hydra, primals, etc. Its fun going back and smashing assholes when you're decked out in super armor.....feels right.

Been reading up on how warriors are the worst fucking tanks ever....it saddens me how *truthfully* douchey people are about it, but the numbers make sense. Stoneskin arguements, hp vs damage reduction, even self healing vs damage prevention....warrior is so gimp it hurts. I have a feeling it's supposed to be a pvp tank only, and that I am never gonna touch pvp because i have significant rage issues and will physically hurt someone if I get too pissed.

See? I am so much like my warrior in real life,I am always stacking wrath and being infuriated.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: October 02, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »

I vote Mateus or Zalera.  They're the absolute newest NA servers which means the sperglord concentration should be at its weakest.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: October 02, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

I'm already on Coeurl, which is already a low population server, so clearly you all should move here. It won't be a popular choice because sperglords all like the ones named after cool summons instead of the ones named after generic monsters.

(Some more info by the way, unfortunately they're still restricting legacy -> new transfers so those of you that are on Hyperion are probably going to stay there).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:09:15 PM by Hathen » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 02, 2013, 07:44:06 PM »

That's... odd. I thought they might encourage Legacy > New, especially if it meant going from a packed server like Hyperion to a new, less populated one.

Not that I plan on leaving Hyperion ever. It took me two days just to get on it.

In other news, it's good to be a dragoon.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: October 02, 2013, 08:06:15 PM »

So how many of u are at 50? I'm only 34 with my bard. Running Brayflox dungeon to get my infantry gear currently.  Also just got my carpentry to 19 so I can attach materia.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: October 02, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »

My only guess is that they don't think normal servers are ready for the shock of having a bunch of level 50 crafters from legacies flooding their economy just yet.

I'm at Bard level 50. Been stuck on Hard Mode Titan for about 2 weeks now, but I don't really care that much since I craft between my incredibly long queues. I'll win eventually and it's not like there's much content beyond Hard Titan if you don't have a group to run Coil with. It's pretty mortifying to see people be so bad at dodging Landslide and Weight of the Land and running into bombs though.

I've been basically leveling every craft simultaneously because of the interconnectivity between all them. I also try to log/mine for my own mats. It's very different from what I usually do with crafting in other MMOs but the crafting in this game isn't just "press button and make stuff" so I actually enjoy the journey a lot more.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:20:06 PM by Hathen » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: October 02, 2013, 08:51:05 PM »

^ did u try for ifrits bow? And if so, how many runs did it take?  Also, seems to me that crafting is gonna take a hell of a lot of inventory space even with the retainer.  U can get another though, right?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: October 02, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »

2 retainers, and to make you laugh I have garuda's bow as a freaking warrior.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:35 PM »

I have lvl 50 pld which I don't really care for. So now I have lvl 45 acn/smn/sch. Should hit 50 by Friday.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: October 02, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »

....I see. Lol. Well at least I know the game has legs for me. I only get to put in time every couple of days anyway. Just hope the upcoming subscription drops a lot of scrubs:/

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: