Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 128407 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1290 on: October 02, 2013, 10:17:04 PM »

I'm still using the GC bow. I do Garuda runs and such trying to get a bow every now and again but it's honestly discouraging to try for a Primal weapon when you only have like a 1/8 chance of even seeing the weapon you want and then you could have up to 3 other bards in the group trying to take it too. It wouldn't be so bad if the Primal fights didn't give pathetic amounts of tomes because I'd just spam the Garuda fight instead of doing AK for my weekly limit. (I really hope 2.1 gives weekly endgame more variety than "AK AK AK AK AK")

Regardless, Titan's heart is never the issue when I'm doing Titan. People keep getting hit by Landslide and Weight of the Land so even when a miracle happens and people manage to make it to the Heart and beyond people immediately die to row bombs (Or the Landslide in it). Yes, I Rain of Death his Mountain Buster. People still die. Everything's pretty much out my control because my only job is to not die and pew arrows (And sing in that rare case the healer is OOMing).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:20:50 PM by Hathen » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1291 on: October 02, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »

A good group can actually farm garuda faster than AK for tomes of mythology. Should take between 8-10 minutes. AK with a serious group of all relic users can clear the run in 24ish minutes, 20 if you can kill the priest in the first boss before he summons the flayer. However since the average group consists of 3 people and 1 moron fuck, neither of the two ever get done so fast...I recommend making friends with people who run well and always give em a proper hiya when you seem em online.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1292 on: October 03, 2013, 02:49:23 AM »

anyone know the name of the praetorium theme?

ďNormal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.Ē
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1293 on: October 03, 2013, 07:29:45 AM »

Level 50 PLD and FSH here.  I haven't decided what to have my next 50 be, but it'll likely be a crafting class leveled in conjunction with a MIN or BTN.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: October 03, 2013, 05:01:59 PM »

After alot of grinding, I finally finished my Artemis Bow - and I didn't even have to pay for it ;p

Working on Gae Bolg now. Binding Coil of Bahamut unlocked but I'll probably hold off on that till the rest of the FC finishes their relics.

BTW, a good group can speed run Praet for 100 ATP in under 25 minutes. Goodbye CM. The new AK speed run is balls - avoid people who try to do it.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1295 on: October 03, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »

Prae speed runs are roughly 25 minutes, as are CM assuming you have a good group. Since DF limits options, you should make your own out of a single tank, 2 healers (1 if your healer is really good) and the rest dps. This also works for CM if your dps don't mind dealing with adds during the boss fights, as you can effectively zerg bosses down much faster. On average that's how titan goes now, 2 healers 1 tank and 5 dps....sometimes a war operates as a 5th dps instead of tank when the group is competent.

The only downside to prae speed runs is ps3 users can't do it in 25 minutes, due to loading between cutscenes...oh and no one willingly taking ps3 players now, at least on ultros.

TASTY!
ferretwraith

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1296 on: October 04, 2013, 02:46:45 AM »

I am kinda sad that after only 22 minutes of effort, the level 45 AF quest gave me 4 pieces of AF with stats twice as good as the armor I *just* found in the previous dungeon.  The very same game that turned fetching goblin cheese into the adventure of the century, geared my character after only 22 minutes of slaying single monsters which I probably could have killed with auto-attacks.  Blah.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1297 on: October 04, 2013, 03:47:12 AM »

I am kinda sad that after only 22 minutes of effort, the level 45 AF quest gave me 4 pieces of AF with stats twice as good as the armor I *just* found in the previous dungeon.  The very same game that turned fetching goblin cheese into the adventure of the century, geared my character after only 22 minutes of slaying single monsters which I probably could have killed with auto-attacks.  Blah.
Yeah....have fun doing the level 50 fight, lol.

Full darklight get. However,in a cruel twist of fate, while doing BC turn 2, the allegan heavy cuisses dropped....and I FUCKING GREEDED  LIKE AN IDIOT NUBLET. The paladin said he'd greed too, but I said nah man, need em,I botched it. He needed a 17, my greed was a 33. I SO WOULD HAVE WON ARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

It's cool, next week's another run through. Here's hoping for some heavy armor drops.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1298 on: October 04, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »

Masamune has been permanently disqualified from the running of possible servers to transfer to.  This sperglord wrote an entire manifesto on the shape of mithra asses and how they've been nerfed for 2.0.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/75034-I-canít-ignore-this-anymore!-Something-should-be-done-about-it
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1299 on: October 04, 2013, 07:21:45 PM »

Masamune has been permanently disqualified from the running of possible servers to transfer to.  This sperglord wrote an entire manifesto on the shape of mithra asses and how they've been nerfed for 2.0.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/75034-I-canít-ignore-this-anymore!-Something-should-be-done-about-it
Seconded.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1300 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »

I still say Coeurl because I spent 15k on this Free Company and I'm a cheapo.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1301 on: October 04, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »

I still say Coeurl because I spent 15k on this Free Company and I'm a cheapo.
I'll pay you 30k if you move to ultros so I don't have to scrap my fc. It's level 5, and our name is AWESOME.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1302 on: October 05, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »

My FC is level 5 too. My FC has Horsebird in its name. Your opinion is irrelevant.

In other news, Artemis Bow get. Unfortunately this isn't really a case of a miracle group in DF, but rather just happening to get into a run from a friend of a friend. Still a nice feeling to beat it after so many tries though- it really is a healer-heavy fight past the heart, what with the infinite Tumults and huge tableflip Mountain Busters.

Aside from that, still doing lots of crafting.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:54:47 AM by Hathen » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: October 05, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »

You should all come to Hyperion. Especially if you enjoy lag and Gil sellers.

Attempted Qarn last night with friends. That didn't end well. :(

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1304 on: October 05, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

You should all come to Hyperion. Especially if you enjoy lag and Gil sellers.

Attempted Qarn last night with friends. That didn't end well. :(
Hyperion's locked anyway, can't get in.

Started leveling lnc for drg. Dunno how I like it so far, definitely less active then tanking so far.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: