Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 05:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319307 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 125 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 87626 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: October 10, 2013, 01:23:22 AM »

I was the downfall of my party on Quarn tonight. Didn't make it into the box then got reamed by the lasers. Twice. So ashamed: (

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: October 10, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »

Have they detailed anything like FC transferring or any details that should be known before finalizing a choice? My FC has 100k company seals and a very full chest of useless crap for newbies....rather not lose it all and restart given the fact that it cost us time and (in game) money to establish this all...

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: October 10, 2013, 07:33:40 AM »

You can't be a part of an FC when you transfer, so assumedly you'll have to break yours up and reform on the new world. So that also means taking stuff out of the company chest, making sure nothing's on sale on your retainers etc. Not only that, you're limited in how much gil you're allowed to take server-to-server (they haven't specified what that amount is yet).

Yeah, it's kinda bullshit given how many people had trouble getting on the server they wanted when they all began.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: October 10, 2013, 07:52:11 AM »

Man, that's horseshit. Quick, tell me how much your most expensive materia and crafting mats cost, I'll stock u0 here and bring em over for profit!

The FC thing is more because we're trying to bring the entire FC over (all 6 of us :/ ) and rather than redo it all in hopes that the name snake eater still exists over there, just mass transfer everything over. Guess it's not happening that way.

Ohh, what about retainers?

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: October 10, 2013, 07:55:44 AM »

They didn't mention anything about retainers other than that you should make sure they're not selling anything.

They said today they'll be announcing the details on the Lodestone soon, so we'll have to see if they changed their mind on some of the stupid shit they decided on (Side note, it seems stupid to limit Legacy transfers if they're going to limit the amount of gil you can carry into your new server anyway).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: October 10, 2013, 08:09:59 AM »

Seriously....get me them item names, we'll split profits buddy, 75/25.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: October 10, 2013, 08:26:01 AM »

I'm guessing all those crazy people with 10 millon gil or whatever that decide to transfer will be taking a surplus of darksteel nuggets and gyphonskin parts onto other servers, that'll probably be more devastating to a server's economy than if they just transferred with all their gil. gg, SE.

Their reasoning is that it'll inconvenience RMTs, but I somehow doubt the amount of gil the RMTs have on each server is particularly different. Not to mention the transfer is only going to last a few days. Just seems dumb to me to continue their policy of punishing actual players because they're so scared of RMT screwing things up. Maybe they should start by banning those people that shout for hours in town, or that guy I saw in Fallgourd Float teleporting around killing Banemites for hours with multiple people reporting him.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:35:39 AM by Hathen » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: October 10, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »

From another forum... I'm getting flashbacks of Phantasy Star Online, lmao

So, uh, a couple pages back someone was asking how people were gaining levels in crafting immediately - if there was a bot that was doing it.

It turns out the answer is yes, and some Japanese players have figured out how. Details here:
http://jacklog.doorblog.jp/archives/33776800.html

Apparently by simply sifting through the Lua scripting that FF14 uses, people were able to figure out a JSON query that would retrieve your character's information from the character database. Further, any commands you send to the database are simply... not checked at all, and the database just takes the input commands and MODIFIES YOUR DATA DIRECTLY.

That means it was/is possible to simply tell the server "make me level 50 and give me six billion gil" and the server will... happily do it.

That is some high-quality programming, server input sanitisation and security right there. Good shit. In the year of our Lord 2013 you can simply send a Javascript request to SE's servers and give yourself billions upon billions of gold.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: October 10, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

As usual, PC master race ruining any legitimacy in an online video game.

Nah I'm not a hater or anything.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:19:00 AM by Agent D. » Logged

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: October 10, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »

Reasons for people to stop playing after beating the story are certainly piling up.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: October 10, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »

Wondering if stockpiling gil is even worth doing right now. It has little value outside of making gear that's less impressive then what's in dungeons and mythology tomestone trading. I have like 0 interest in picking up anything for my war simply because I have full Darklight and am working on BC gear and myth stuff. Maybe my lnc/drg to be but that's a week off yet.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: October 10, 2013, 11:21:24 AM »

Yeah gil's kinda useless in the game, the only thing I keep hearing is that people are stockpiling money for when they release the FC housing, which will supposedly be stupidly expensive.

Official details on world transfer.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/90e5176e32bf2ec768e83e2ca30d89b2db8854b5

Some highlights:
Characters cannot be transferred to a World which has already reached the limit for character creation
Your character cannot be enlisted in a free company, holding a free company petition, or signed to a free company petition
Your free trial period must be expired
characters can only transfer 3 million gil, while retainers can only transfer 1 million gil. Please be aware that excess gil will be lost.

First one especially blows my mind. How is the world transfer option going to be useful when the whole reason people are on the wrong worlds in the first place is that there was a bunch of worlds at limit for creation? Guess that doesn't matter for us, but still, pretty stupid.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: October 10, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »

There goes Snake Eater....

I think we may be creating a time paradox

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: October 10, 2013, 03:22:01 PM »

So gotta say that after Qarn and Cutter's Cry, Stone Vigil is ludicrous amounts of easy. The hardest thing for my party was the coffer room before the final boss because we didn't have a mage that could sleep. I imagine without a good healer the second boss could be a tad annoying, but really that's about it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: October 10, 2013, 06:33:01 PM »

I just thought of something related to Parn's story, I was doubting how real it was until I thought of it-

A few pages back I posted that impossible character who had a legacy chocobo/goobbue on a non-legacy server as well a bunch of minions nobody knew how to get. The character's gone from the Lodestone now but it'd make perfect sense if he was one of the guys that figured out how to screw with XIV's servers.

That's pretty amazing hax for an online game, pretty much on the level of the massive cheating that flooded every Phantasy Star title, like NOLing in PSO or massive meseta dupes in PSU.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:37:19 PM by Hathen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 125 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: