Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 05:45:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327900 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 119427 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: October 10, 2013, 06:39:29 PM »

It's interesting how we went from 1.0's sluggish item menus not trusting the client in the slightest to 2.0's snappier interface and the server naively accepting everything it's told.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: October 10, 2013, 06:57:18 PM »

There's still a couple spots in the game where you can tell those checks are there (Or maybe that's only because I play on servers in Canada from the other side of the world), but there's definately fewer of them. Actually when I'm lagging really badly it's really obvious even individual crafting actions are checked by the server, or talking to NPCs, a lot like in 1.0. I think the biggest one they took out is how in 1.0 I'm pretty sure even flipping through the main menu got you several server checks. The game running smoother on mid-range computers certainly helps give the illusion there's fewer annoying checks though.

Also gameplay-wise it probably is a lot more noticeable given 1.0 had the more slower-paced combat whereas ARR has you dodging big red circles a lot. You'll notice it especially if you ever fight hard mode Titan because a single mistake might spell the end.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:06:22 PM by Hathen » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: October 10, 2013, 09:42:07 PM »

expansion to parn's earlier story

this is fucking amazing

10/10 SE i am going to enjoy the shitstorm
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: October 10, 2013, 09:58:05 PM »

*sigh* couldn't have just put it on ps3....

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: October 10, 2013, 10:04:20 PM »

Just grab the popcorn and enjoy the show with us D.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:06 PM »

Dude....I fucking rock in this game. I literally have shut down ps3 haters who say I suck because I don't mouse/keyboard and don't have enough hotbars and shit. I have relic +1 and I beat Black Whirlwind to it (yeah he's on ultros, he was asking about you). I am fucking awesome!

I don't want this game to fail.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: October 10, 2013, 10:40:55 PM »

Ah, so that's where he went.

Yeah I play with a controller too, if you macro smartly it's not too hard to fit everything on the palette comfortably IMO.

Honestly even with all the gil/hax exploits if the game is fun, its fun. People played the shit out of PSO even after it got hacked to hell. I'd like to think that they'll fix a problem this big but who knows, given their track record in XI. I doubt people will be very pleased that they're paying a sub fee for a game that can't even keep a game shattering exploit like this under control, though.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:47:31 PM by Hathen » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: October 10, 2013, 11:35:27 PM »

Easy fix, nearly impossible recovery. I'm interested to see what's going to happen. I agree with AgentD though, I really hope this doesn't ruin the game for all the legitimate players.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: October 11, 2013, 12:07:37 AM »

It seems a bunch of stuff is lined up for next week's patch.  XP buffs for mining/botany, earrings, changes to regular enemies in the final dungeons, and so forth.  Hope they have some cheating fixes too.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: October 11, 2013, 08:27:02 AM »

So apparently after I posted that pic there entire forums started to sift through my Photobucket, I guess in an attempt to dox me or something since I leaked their info about game shattering hax. Of course, I'm the kind of person that keeps my game life and real life separate so all they would've found is a bunch of picture of my XI character and maybe a bunch of random forum trolling images I use. Still, never underestimate the internet, so I decided to private my photobucket.

I'm sure the people here that know me in real life will be sure to update you guys if I'm found dead in my apartment, shot through the head with a materia bullet.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: October 11, 2013, 03:19:42 PM »

So apparently after I posted that pic there entire forums started to sift through my Photobucket, I guess in an attempt to dox me or something since I leaked their info about game shattering hax. Of course, I'm the kind of person that keeps my game life and real life separate so all they would've found is a bunch of picture of my XI character and maybe a bunch of random forum trolling images I use. Still, never underestimate the internet, so I decided to private my photobucket.

I'm sure the people here that know me in real life will be sure to update you guys if I'm found dead in my apartment, shot through the head with a materia bullet.
Don't worry buddy, I got your back. Me and my glowy axe will knock dem bitches out.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: October 11, 2013, 04:47:52 PM »

did a AK run last night where everyone had at least ifrit weapons(except me but the heals) the war had garuda's scream and they still couldnt dps the demon wall down fast enough wtf! now my poor gf is blaming herself and thinking she MUST have blood for blood. i dont have swiftcast or stoneskin but that wont help me me much i dont think. if the boss doesnt die fast enough i fall behind on heals because of the amount of dodging i have to do. i have a real issue with demon wall similar to manticore because when shit tarts to hit the fan is very difficult for me to keep people healed when people are low and dodge a boss mechanic. if i prioritize the mechanic people are going to die. if i prioritize healing im going to die.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 04:57:00 PM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: October 11, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »

Alisha, I recommend for demon wall that you choose a side to take the bees to and a side for the range to go to during the fight to help ease stress. I generally grab the bees and run to the left side and have range on the right so that you don't need to worry about the bees AoE as much. Also, try to be on the side before the wall throws the line attacks so you only need to move twice. Also, you shouldn't need anything for AK past the level 50 FC weapon, anything better just makes the fight faster. I've done AK so many times,I can usually solo the last 5% of the boss if we get rid of the bees and I'm not in the void pit already. The fight is very simple, just need to keep your head cool, or you panic and fuck up.

Is your gf the tank? If so, tell her she's really only got the bees to worry about and to make sure she keeps them away from you. The fights really easy as long as you don't panic.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: October 11, 2013, 07:33:42 PM »

Some updates on the hax situation. There are people who have known about this exploit since Beta Phase 4 and have been keeping it under wraps. They hacked themselves billions of gil and sold it all to RMT for mad cash, and were quickly banned, but it doesn't matter because the damage had already been done. There are people who tried making bug reports on the XIV OFF about this and they keep getting their posts deleted, presumably because SE doesn't want anyone else knowing about even though this is spreading all over the internet now. At least now we know why they went as far as to take gil away from legitimate players just because of RMT- because it wasn't RMT, it was actual players hacking the game and giving RMT money which then circulated back to other players through the market boards.

So basically, SE banned a bunch of players for being too good at the game because some other players hacked the game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:17:50 PM by Hathen » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: October 11, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »

she's a bard.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: