Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 07:52:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331569 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 136490 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1380 on: October 11, 2013, 09:16:24 PM »

she's a bard.
Then why's she concerned? Just keep attacking stuff and be a proper bard. As long as she pays attention to the hate bars so she doesn't go out of her way to pull mobs off the ta k she's doing fine.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1381 on: October 12, 2013, 02:56:12 AM »

i dunno i think we just need to join a fc and duty finder aint gonna cut it for the level 50 dungeons

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1382 on: October 12, 2013, 04:38:04 AM »

i dunno i think we just need to join a fc and duty finder aint gonna cut it for the level 50 dungeons
Fuck an FC, just get a decent Linkshell, those work way better.

Started doing titan runs as a war dps, my buddy tanked as pld. 3 wins, died one time. Titan is officially easy mode.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1383 on: October 12, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »

so the difficulty of lvl 50 dungeons is gonna be adjusted.
i'm guess the 2 mid bosses

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1384 on: October 12, 2013, 08:24:05 PM »

WHAT?! I can fucking solo demon wall for crying out loud (until I hit the poison spew),they do not need to adjust difficulty, they need to make it harder if anything. Christ, if people can't kill these dungeon bosses, GO FUCKING LEARN TO PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME! How the hell do people expect to touch Bahamut when they can't beat a stationary wall with the absolute most predictable pattern in a video game ever made. Megaman bosses had less discernable patterns then this stupid wall does.

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1385 on: October 13, 2013, 01:05:53 AM »

The grind is already brain dead boring already.....don't make it easier....ooo another praet SR! .......*BARF*
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1386 on: October 13, 2013, 01:16:05 AM »

The grind is already brain dead boring already.....don't make it easier....ooo another praet SR! .......*BARF*
Chronix is now my new best friend

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1387 on: October 13, 2013, 02:24:42 AM »

I really don't want them to lower the difficulty either, there's 1 fight in the game I might consider difficult and it's more because other people suck at the game.

However, lowering xp to level up Botany and Mining? I'm okay with that. Lowering the amount of time I need to hit 80% 3000 times isn't really reducing the difficulty of the game.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 13, 2013, 05:26:22 AM »

WHAT?! I can fucking solo demon wall for crying out loud (until I hit the poison spew),they do not need to adjust difficulty, they need to make it harder if anything. Christ, if people can't kill these dungeon bosses, GO FUCKING LEARN TO PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME! How the hell do people expect to touch Bahamut when they can't beat a stationary wall with the absolute most predictable pattern in a video game ever made. Megaman bosses had less discernable patterns then this stupid wall does.

I think you're missing the point D. of what Alisha might be trying to relate. Demon wall is a gear check/DPS race, not one of coordination. I've had the displeasure of going in with folks who are competent players but under-geared and it's quite painful. It's an entirely different situation when you're wielding an ilevel 80 or 90 weapon. The problem is that many people skip out on WP and GC gear and attempt AK in AF and ilevel 45 weapons. I don't think the content should be nerfed, but a clearer emphasis of the gear path needs to be embraced by the community. I'm astounded by how many players think they can just hop into AK without any prep-work.

Edit- I read the new posts first and just saw her complaint about the wall with a fairly decently geared group. Derp.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 05:40:39 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 13, 2013, 05:33:46 AM »

I really don't want them to lower the difficulty either, there's 1 fight in the game I might consider difficult and it's more because other people suck at the game.

However, lowering xp to level up Botany and Mining? I'm okay with that. Lowering the amount of time I need to hit 80% 3000 times isn't really reducing the difficulty of the game.

I'm really disappointed in their choice to make Botany and Mining easier. Utilizing leves it's no harder than leveling any other class. Mindlessly grinding wasn't how leveling those classes were intended. Fishing was obnoxiously easy to cap with up to 13k xp a fish on top of HQ turn ins, you could finish it in under 15 hours. I did 37-50 in 3 hours. It took me a week to finish Mining and Botany from low 30's when I realized there was an easier way that didn't require 3 hours per level. The last thing this game needs is more throw away levels.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 13, 2013, 05:50:13 AM »

Dude....I fucking rock in this game. I literally have shut down ps3 haters who say I suck because I don't mouse/keyboard and don't have enough hotbars and shit. I have relic +1 and I beat Black Whirlwind to it (yeah he's on ultros, he was asking about you). I am fucking awesome!

I don't want this game to fail.

/golfclap

But seriously, I agree. I play all of my jobs (which is all of them) using the controller with little difficulty outside of remembering where I put shit on the crossbar sometimes (hey! I'm old). It's all in how you macro and knowing your rotations. I barely use 6 buttons on BRD and I'm pulling 170-180 DPS in Praet while some keyboard pundits I've played with, with similar gear setups, are struggling to break 150 with their 64 keys. The less cluttered UI helps a ton too. There is zero advantage playing one way or another. It's entirely the skill of the player.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 13, 2013, 06:04:51 AM »

did a AK run last night where everyone had at least ifrit weapons(except me but the heals) the war had garuda's scream and they still couldnt dps the demon wall down fast enough wtf! now my poor gf is blaming herself and thinking she MUST have blood for blood. i dont have swiftcast or stoneskin but that wont help me me much i dont think. if the boss doesnt die fast enough i fall behind on heals because of the amount of dodging i have to do. i have a real issue with demon wall similar to manticore because when shit tarts to hit the fan is very difficult for me to keep people healed when people are low and dodge a boss mechanic. if i prioritize the mechanic people are going to die. if i prioritize healing im going to die.

I'm sorry to hear about your AK woes. From the details you've given a couple things may help. First of all, there's no hate list on demon wall that matters. Is your WAR going full out DPS or are they still in tank mode? Secondly, if your GF wants to play BRD, Blood for Blood and Internal Release are vital for her DPS if she wants to play to her full potential. BRD is extremely crit dependent and while the buff from Steady Shot is hefty, it only helps if it's kept up at all times and every bit helps because of the Bloodletter refresh from crit ticks on BRD DoTs. She can double her damage easily with the right buffs and rotation. Thirdly, are you using the DPS limit break to destroy the bees? If you don't have the DPS to kill the wall before they spawn (or shortly afterwards) this can significantly increase your survivability and success. Finally, you need Stoneskin and Swiftcast. Those are major tools for any healer. If your party is Stoneskinned before the fight you don't even need to heal them before the first Repel. Which means you can contribute to DPS, which makes the fight shorter. In clutch situations, Swiftcast can make the difference between a living player and a doorstop. You'll be amazed at your utility.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1392 on: October 13, 2013, 06:49:00 AM »

I'm aware you can greatly cut down on the time for gathering leveling using leves (personally I have like 90 allowances atm lol, burning them slowly though), but unless the gathering leves change significantly past level 30 or whatever you're still getting those same 4 mission variations which are all still just "click 80% 50 times". The only function gathering classes really have is to provide materials for your crafting classes so I only see it as  I a good thing to cut down on the time you spend leveling a gathering class. There's nothing dynamic about the gathering in this game like there is for crafting so it's really just a mindless grind regardless of length. If there was some kind of complexity to it like crafting does it wouldn't be so bad. I'm talking about mining/botany though, fishing isn't so bad.

Either way, the patch doesn't really affect me personally because I'll probably try to get the Luminary Tools anyway, so I'll be grinding nodes like crazy and I'll craft/sell whatever random mats I'll be getting. I just think it should be feasible for someone who isn't like me, leveling every craft at the same time, to be able to have his gathering and crafting classes level alongside each other.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1393 on: October 13, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »

Dude....I fucking rock in this game. I literally have shut down ps3 haters who say I suck because I don't mouse/keyboard and don't have enough hotbars and shit. I have relic +1 and I beat Black Whirlwind to it (yeah he's on ultros, he was asking about you). I am fucking awesome!

I don't want this game to fail.

/golfclap

But seriously, I agree. I play all of my jobs (which is all of them) using the controller with little difficulty outside of remembering where I put shit on the crossbar sometimes (hey! I'm old). It's all in how you macro and knowing your rotations. I barely use 6 buttons on BRD and I'm pulling 170-180 DPS in Praet while some keyboard pundits I've played with, with similar gear setups, are struggling to break 150 with their 64 keys. The less cluttered UI helps a ton too. There is zero advantage playing one way or another. It's entirely the skill of the player.

Elitism is only getting worse in the community.  Shouts now regularly include PLD tanks only, no DRGs and no MNKs alongside no PS3 players.  Even FFXI didn't empower sperglords of this caliber, certainly not for a game's second month of release.  I'm excited to see these players go away forever.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1394 on: October 13, 2013, 01:33:52 PM »

community is viral. i feel for people who are not geared, 90% of the things in shout require relics/ full dl
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: