Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 04:26:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341302 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 135 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 165464 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1395 on: October 13, 2013, 03:43:40 PM »

The only place where job choice etc even matters is Coil, it's just that it spreads from the hardcore players to the stupid ones who think you need to min/max for stuff in the game that's actually balanced properly for the current level of content. Technically the playerbase isn't even "supposed" to be doing Coil because it's above the ilevel they've designed so far (You'd think that if they didn't want players to be doing it they just wouldn't have released it until they had Crystal Tower ready). It does highlight how BRD/SMN/PLD are stronger than their competing classes though, so hopefully they'll address this through some class adjustments. The WAR vs PLD question is particularly difficult because WARs are actually much stronger than PLDs when it comes to the appropriate content. They can self heal for a lot of HP and deal a lot more damage, it's just that none of that matters when you're just looking for something that can brick wall as much damage as possible against enemies that are overleveled.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1396 on: October 13, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »

The worst part about the elitism is that it's not about necessity, it's about laziness. A warrior is fine for tanking BC, you just can't be lazy and your healers can't slack. Even titan is doable when geared adequately as a war tank, the healers just need to ACTUALLY heal and not spam medica all day. It's not elitism that is making XIV such a polluted cesspool, it's laziness. I ran brayflox on my drg in training, and watched the tank sit there and eat every AoE in the dungeon. When I asked he said the scholar can heal me fine so I don't have to dodge. At the main boss he ate a dragon's breath and died towards the end, though luckily he was so close to death that I managed to whittle away his health fast enough to still win. Best part was the run dropped like 3 pieces of cavalry gear for him. Nothing DD, but plenty of tank gear for the lazy ass tank....

I hope they really don't make AK easier, because right now it's entirely about players being lame. I went in at a brand new level 50, with a group who was fairly new to it and we managed to figure out the fights as we went. Granted the last fight was beastly hard until you find the corner to stand in as a tank,but then it's stupidly easy. Just forna challenge now I leave defiance off and go for damage output against it now. Healers sometimes panic but when they see that if they heal appropriately and not just spam overheals it works fine, generally leading to tbe fucker dying before he gets a third catastrophe off in decent groups.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1397 on: October 13, 2013, 05:09:29 PM »

I don't see how anyone could find AK hard unless they were hopelessly undergeared. That dungeon is all about knowing the patterns and once you know those it's ridiculously easy. You can beat it with people that are freshly level 50 if they have all their slots with 50 gear (GC weapon, crafter accessories etc).

As for WAR, personally I think what they should do is make it so that Inner Beast becomes an overhealing effect (like stoneskin) rather than HP drain. I don't know how much that would help but it would help but one of the problems with playing with Warriors is that you'll always get lazy healers who don't pay attention to what the WAR is doing so they waste lots of MP healing when they don't need to.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1398 on: October 13, 2013, 05:20:34 PM »

Nah,just take crit bonus off and give defiance a 25% healing boost that's native rather than based on wrath stacks. The fact that everything warrior does is based off of having wrath at full at all times or using it all in one shot makes warriors in general very cautious in approach. Like I can use inner beast at an optimal oppertunity and nail almost 3k health back in one shot,sure. However,most bosses at this point can easily clear 2k hp in a single swing, and now I have normal healing again, and unless Infuriate or Thrill of Battle are up, nothing left but to rely on the healer. 15% bonus cures can be a godsend when healing 2k hp in a single heal.

Personally my favorite idea is to give defiance an innate overheal factor where excess HP recovered goes into a stoneskin effect, perhaps based on the amount of wrath available. I would also like to see wrath have more useability besides hold it all or blow it all,like maybe expend 2 stacks to give regen boost, or 3 stacks for unchained instead of all of them, thats nuts that I have to blow infuriation to give myself back standard war damage for 20 seconds. I really think whoever designed these classes has no real experience using them, because the logic behind most of them is lost...my opinion anyway.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1399 on: October 14, 2013, 07:13:33 AM »

im starting to think i just might not be cut out for this game. i was just asked to leave an AK run(and i complied) because i kept dying at the end boss. i couldnt for the life of me keep up my dps and manage my pet and monitor the bosses lifebar for imminent catastrophe. then i have to find a pillar then i have to identify where the orb is before it explodes. i didnt realize this till after i left but i think i inadvetently dropped the orb next to the tank a few times. i just feel like a lot of times my mind is being stretched too thin.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1400 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »

Or you could just take a break from end-game content and do something else.

Hell, I haven't even touched end-game content.  I beat the story and went straight to fishing, then crafting once I got fishing to 50.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1401 on: October 14, 2013, 12:11:41 PM »

im starting to think i just might not be cut out for this game. i was just asked to leave an AK run(and i complied) because i kept dying at the end boss. i couldnt for the life of me keep up my dps and manage my pet and monitor the bosses lifebar for imminent catastrophe. then i have to find a pillar then i have to identify where the orb is before it explodes. i didnt realize this till after i left but i think i inadvetently dropped the orb next to the tank a few times. i just feel like a lot of times my mind is being stretched too thin.
You're overthinking it. If you have to reposition yourself so much it's because the tank didn't line himself up well with the boss. Ideally everyone should be at a statue the whole duration, and if the tank has a good position for him/herself and the boss you ccan literally stand right next to the boss the whole duration. It also makes for easy orb disposal too, since once you see it you run away and drop it, then run back right to the statue.

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1402 on: October 14, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »

Don't beat yourself up about it, things like that just happen.  Take a break from AK and do something else like Parn suggested. Another helpful suggestion is to make sure your  camera is completely zoomed out. It makes it easy to see A catastrophe and head to a statue.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1403 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »

Another suggestion Alisha....make some friends. They're far more willing to help out then randoms. If you're not liking it on hyperion, you could hop to coeurl and join up with some of us...

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: October 14, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »

I didn't know Alisha was on Hyperion. I really do not look at that list enough.

Honestly, I really doubt you're 'not cut out' for the game if you got all the way to endgame content just fine. Besides, if you now know what to do, maybe AK (which I haven't done yet) will be less difficult next time? Or take a break and do other stuff as others suggested.

Me, I just finished up all my level 46 story stuff. Got no more til 49 (apparently), so I guess it's time for FATE grinding and side dungeons. I managed Dzemael Darkhold last night, still gotta do Cutter's Cry and Aurum Vale. Not sure if there's any side quests I can do, I don't see any at least...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1405 on: October 14, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »

Aurum Vale SUCKS. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!

Also, I thought Alisha was on hyperion but I could be wrong.

Also also, drg's 35 now....lost all my urge to grind because I have to go to dragonhead AKA shithole lagland. I hate dragonhead, can't do jack fatewise.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1406 on: October 14, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »

Wasted my entire Monday on Gaurda normal b/c our Black Mage wanted to play Backup healer and AoE spammer (fine for feathers, but GODDAMNIT STOP AoE'ing on Garuda!). Healer was doing 'okay' but wasn't healing for nearly enough even when I used Mantra after each major attack. Also, either nobody knew the second half of the battle or nobody bothered to explain it. Don't have a lot of confidence in myself though so I don't like to criticize how others are doing in case it's me and I don't realize it.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1407 on: October 14, 2013, 11:04:13 PM »

Alright, last moment check before we all start server swapping. I'm heading to coeurl tomorrow, where my FC will be recreated and actually operational this time. If any of you all are not happy where you are or just wanna play with people who know better and work together great, come along. I'll help anyone who wants it, hell I'll run lowbie dungeons in full darklight if you guys need. Just gimme a heads up.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1408 on: October 14, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »

Yeah, Coeurl server.  I'm curious to see how different prices are on the market boards.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1409 on: October 15, 2013, 06:07:55 AM »

They stated it make take several days for your world transfer to complete (for some reason), so I guess if any of you care you might cap your weekly myths before you transfer. I doubt it'll take that long, but then again this is SE.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 135 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: