Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 11:41:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327222 Posts in 13399 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 129 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 116269 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: October 15, 2013, 11:28:55 PM »

darklight tank armor looks fucking awful

I actually really like it, it looks like actual armor as opposed to the random spiny shit/bikini armor you might get in TERA/Aion etc. I can understand why people hate looking like tin cans though. Personally I like it when heavy armor looks like actually looks like it can take a few hits though.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:07 PM »

Not into bikini armor myself, but I also don't feel like roleplaying Siegmeyer of Catarina.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 16, 2013, 01:53:19 AM »

I noticed a slight change.  My Immortal Flame's quest originally told me to do Ampador Keep.  Post-patch, it now tells me to do Aurum Vale instead.  I think they're being a bit smarter about progression of content.  This also helps a bit with the current catch-22 situation of people expecting you to come with at least your i55 grand company weapon despite the fact that before, you couldn't even get to the appropriate rank to even be eligible to purchase it.

I've actually avoided doing end-game content for two reasons: for starters, don't feel like dealing with assholes at the moment, and secondly, darklight tank armor looks fucking awful.  I'm disappointed that the appearance tab won't make it for 2.1.

Prices are a good bit different on coeurl versus what I'm used to on Typhon.  Goods also flow... differently than I'm used to.  Guess I should prepare to adjust.  I'm really used to my fishing items flying off the shelf.

Doesn't look bad if you go Hoplite Circlet, Hoplite Tabard and get the DL Legs, gloves etc. That way you can upgrade into the AF+1 body and not have to worry about finding something for your head.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 16, 2013, 01:57:00 AM »

Hyperion is still locked out to transfers. In other news, finally finished...

Damn, how many of those were 50 from 1.0?

Just the combat classes with the exception of ACN and SMN since they weren't in the game then. It was actually much harder to level in 1.0 than ARR, especially with broken FATEs like Dark Devices - though, post patch, I don't think that's an issue anymore.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:18 AM »

Ohhhh. That makes sense then.  I haven't gotten dragoon OR blacksmith to 50 and that's literally all I'm playing.

Count me as another who's not too crazy about how the dark light armour looks. The heavy tin can armour look is especially weird on a dragoon, which makes me want the wyrm's stuff more. So many months of grinding though...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: October 16, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »

Feeling a bit left out with all the screenshots so here's me celebrating my 45 relic gear.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: October 17, 2013, 02:14:28 AM »

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:16 AM »

Ohhhh. That makes sense then.  I haven't gotten dragoon OR blacksmith to 50 and that's literally all I'm playing.

Count me as another who's not too crazy about how the dark light armour looks. The heavy tin can armour look is especially weird on a dragoon, which makes me want the wyrm's stuff more. So many months of grinding though...

I'm confused. Heavy Darklight is PLD/WAR only, and yes the head/body looks retarded. I don't think Darklight for DRG looks bad at all, with the exception of the Nazghoul helmet, which can be toggled off. I'll post a pic of mine when I get home. Don't talk to me about farming Mythic lol. I've +1'd my Artemis Bow but I still have to do Gae Bolg and Curtana before I can even look at the AF+1 >.<
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 17, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »

Ohhhh. That makes sense then.  I haven't gotten dragoon OR blacksmith to 50 and that's literally all I'm playing.

I'm confused. Heavy Darklight is PLD/WAR only, and yes the head/body looks retarded. I don't think Darklight for DRG looks bad at all, with the exception of the Nazghoul helmet, which can be toggled off. I'll post a pic of mine when I get home. Don't talk to me about farming Mythic lol. I've +1'd my Artemis Bow but I still have to do Gae Bolg and Curtana before I can even look at the AF+1 >.<

I didn't mention anything about heavy darklight? Just darklight. I've seen it on on other dragoons and every single time it looks kinda meh/bulky, but maybe they were Roegdyns or something.

Your pic actually looks more like what I'd rather it look like on me, I'm elezen. It looks awesome.  :)

Still not crazy about the helmet now that I look at it again, but we don't have to display it so who cares.

DAMNIT I WANT A GAE BOLG.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:53:20 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: October 17, 2013, 10:18:56 PM »

This also helps a bit with the current catch-22 situation of people expecting you to come with at least your i55 grand company weapon despite the fact that before, you couldn't even get to the appropriate rank to even be eligible to purchase it.

This is really stupid because is very forgiving for tanks. Hell, there's a guy on my server who regularly tanks it as a bard.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 17, 2013, 11:06:09 PM »

Ohhhh. That makes sense then.  I haven't gotten dragoon OR blacksmith to 50 and that's literally all I'm playing.

I didn't mention anything about heavy darklight? Just darklight. I've seen it on on other dragoons and every single time it looks kinda meh/bulky, but maybe they were Roegdyns or something.

Your pic actually looks more like what I'd rather it look like on me, I'm elezen. It looks awesome.  :)

Still not crazy about the helmet now that I look at it again, but we don't have to display it so who cares.

DAMNIT I WANT A GAE BOLG.

My bad, when you said tin can armor I thought you were referring to Heavy Darklight. How close are you to 50? We've been clearing relics for the FC for the last two weeks so if you need help with a clear just let me know. What's your ingame name anyway?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: October 17, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »

This also helps a bit with the current catch-22 situation of people expecting you to come with at least your i55 grand company weapon despite the fact that before, you couldn't even get to the appropriate rank to even be eligible to purchase it.

This is really stupid because is very forgiving for tanks. Hell, there's a guy on my server who regularly tanks it as a bard.
Tanks aurum vale? Or AK? Either way I call shenanigans.

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: October 18, 2013, 01:17:41 PM »

too bad i refuse to heal aurum vale as scholar

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Morwan

Herniated Dick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: October 18, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »

Tanks aurum vale? Or AK? Either way I call shenanigans.

AK.

Post is on a private forum:

I run buttons in a blanket for AK/WP/CM runs.

4287 Hp as a Bard.

I use evasion+keen for the trash pulls that are 3+.

I blood for blood on all bosses at the start even the last one when popping cd's

I open with rain for the dmg reduction then follow it up usually with another AOE then dot all mobs and then cycle back to rain. This for the most part allows me to hold aggro on all packs. I usually pop battle voice + TP song about midway through each boss to make sure my TP stays topped off. You can avoid the first Big Boys in the first area and play frogger in the last area and that can shave off 2+ minutes.

Using the FFXIV battle parse I run about 220-270 dmg on boss's our monk runs 270-350 we usually bring a BLM or Drg and they run about 230-270. This setup does mean your healer has to pay attention because Bards can take alot of spike dmg during pulls. I also use repelling shot a ton to get out of effects before they go out.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 129 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: