Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 08:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319310 Posts in 13037 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 125 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 87670 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: October 18, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »

Not that it affects me, but I feel really bad for SMN and SCH on first boss in Aurum Vale. No way to heal stackable DoT on pets? Stupid oversight considering that Arcanist was such a prominent part of the game's relaunch.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1441 on: October 18, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

Not that it affects me, but I feel really bad for SMN and SCH on first boss in Aurum Vale. No way to heal stackable DoT on pets? Stupid oversight considering that Arcanist was such a prominent part of the game's relaunch.

doh
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 18, 2013, 09:01:30 PM »

I lol'd
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 18, 2013, 09:08:16 PM »

My bad, when you said tin can armor I thought you were referring to Heavy Darklight. How close are you to 50? We've been clearing relics for the FC for the last two weeks so if you need help with a clear just let me know. What's your ingame name anyway?

Ohhh I guess I did say 'heavy tin can,' huh? Oops.

Well, I'm 49 now, halfway to 50. I haven't done the dungeons at the end of the story yet. Our FC is almost at that point, but I'll let you know/add you anyway (Eva Vasir is me). I won't be on til Monday though, I've been meaning to add you and some others.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 19, 2013, 02:54:21 AM »

My bad, when you said tin can armor I thought you were referring to Heavy Darklight. How close are you to 50? We've been clearing relics for the FC for the last two weeks so if you need help with a clear just let me know. What's your ingame name anyway?

Ohhh I guess I did say 'heavy tin can,' huh? Oops.

Well, I'm 49 now, halfway to 50. I haven't done the dungeons at the end of the story yet. Our FC is almost at that point, but I'll let you know/add you anyway (Eva Vasir is me). I won't be on til Monday though, I've been meaning to add you and some others.

Sweet. Praetorium is a memorable experience the first time through. Expect like an hour of cutscenes. Depending on what time your online Monday I can give you a hand with that stuff if you need any extras. Once you finish you can start your relic quest, wewt!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: October 19, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »

I'm really happy that Yoshi-P recognized the problem with Bard vs. Melee DPS in today's Live Letter. Though I hope the measures he plans on taking don't involve completely nerfing enemy AoE's.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 19, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »

Oh my god dragoon buff?! Even if a little bit, I'll take it.

Yeah, I heard the melee DPS will get to do more damage, so I doubt the enemy AoE is being reduced. Heard the bard is getting a little nerfed too.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:26:47 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: October 19, 2013, 10:44:51 PM »

Question: should I lvl my archer to 50 for my bard?  What are the essential skills should carry over?

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1448 on: October 20, 2013, 01:20:23 AM »

Classes and jobs share levels, so your ARC and BRD share levels. The most annoying ability you need to grind for is Blood for Blood from Lancer 34.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1449 on: October 21, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »

Just finished the main scenario quests and while it did have some amazing moments, I'd say the experience is pretty much lost on the fact that this is a multiplayer game. I got stuck with a speed run group in CM which sucked all the fun out of it. My Praetorium group was a lot better about cutscenes, but it was ultimately a bit anticlimactic when the rest of the party took out the last final boss before I even finished watching the cutscene that plays before it. The ending was okay, if not a little stupid.

Code:
It's been 6 years. That's not the end of an era, that's the end of a speed bump. Also, Zodiark? So we really are just throwing in as much FF nostalgia as we can and hoping it fits.

Also kind of questioning whether I want to tackle end game content or not. The final battles went fine for the rest of my party, but I just couldn't react fast enough to the AoE onslaught and died multiple times. To the point one of the healers told the other healer not to waste mana on Raise, and I kind of didn't blame them. Luckily by that point I had my shit together and survived the rest of the battle.

Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1450 on: October 21, 2013, 11:58:35 AM »

Classes and jobs share levels, so your ARC and BRD share levels. The most annoying ability you need to grind for is Blood for Blood from Lancer 34.

Lancer gives great skills, yet Dragoon can only take junk from others =/
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1451 on: October 21, 2013, 01:24:16 PM »

Lancer gives great skills, yet Dragoon can only take junk from others =/
Invigorate and Blood For Blood, oh how I love thee.

I wish SQEnix would do something about this 90k disconnect garbage.....The feel of pugging Titan HM most of the day, then finally getting a decent group that still wipes 6 times, getting Titan to 10% with 6 people up and A full  3 bar limit break only to crash and NOT get credit due to A 90k. Its....like a kick in the nuts.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 21, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »

I don't even know what dragoon can inherit from others. Probably because there's really good ones that carry over from lancer already.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1453 on: October 21, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »

This made me laugh.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1454 on: October 21, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

This made me laugh.

Musta tried tanking titan on Hard Mode as a war...before and after.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 125 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: