Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 119847 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: October 27, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

Hmmm, the GC is likely where I saw it then. I'm on Hyperion, but not sure that it's tradeable - I'll go visit Maelstrom when I log in tonight, chances are I have enough seals or can get more via hunting log.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: October 27, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »

Tank shouldn't hit harder than DD. And the weapon damage is similar, only a couple points difference. The big kick is my war has about 20 points less str than my drg, but if defiance is up and I'm actively using the storm's eye combo, my damage is about 20 points higher off initial attacks.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: October 27, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »

Hmmm, the GC is likely where I saw it then. I'm on Hyperion, but not sure that it's tradeable - I'll go visit Maelstrom when I log in tonight, chances are I have enough seals or can get more via hunting log.

Oh, just re-read your post and, yeah, DEX only improves your ranged damage, and unless Jump counts as ranged, I'd say there's no need for any points in it.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: October 27, 2013, 04:28:26 PM »

Sorry, the item you're looking for is called Keeper's Hymn, Kyuusei. It's 10,000 seals from any company and available to purchase at the starting rank. Also, dex is only for ranged and blocking with shields, so yeah, unless you plan on piercing talon being your main means of damage,dex is nigh useless for anyone not Bard or Pld.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 27, 2013, 08:28:27 PM »

Re: the item - thanks guys! I think I can get the seals for that item fairly easily. Most of my attribute points went into STR, but I had quite a few in vitality and dexterity too. DEX would probably only be good for piercing talon and maybe doom spike? Not sure about jump - I'm thinking no. Either way, I want to take some points out of dex and vit and into STR.

Re: WAR vs DRG damage - honestly, I'd be more worried if the WAR's relic+1 was to do more damage than DRG's +1, but not the Garuda weapon. When the warrior swings around a giant axe, I'd expect them to deal a decent amount of pain anyway. =P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: October 27, 2013, 09:01:03 PM »

I'd just put all my points into STR on DRG, they really dumbed down what stats do in the game so there's no reason to ever invest in anything but your primary stat. It's an illusion of choice. It's like the elemental points or the physical resistances in your status window, it's all just meaningless fluff. You'd think with so much wasted space on that status window they would've put some info that would make it more intuitive for the casual players they wanted to attract from making it so dumbed down to begin with (like an actual hit-rate % or a DPS rating).

Only exception of sorts I can think of is you might invest into STR on WAR if you wanted to shave a couple seconds off your weekly AK runs or something I guess? If you have like a million seals you can swap back and forth but if I was playing WAR I'd just put it all into VIT and not bother.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:03:40 PM by Hathen » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1491 on: October 28, 2013, 02:51:21 AM »

i've been starting to consider the idea of putting points into vit on melee dps classes

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: October 28, 2013, 06:42:02 AM »

It's not a terrible idea by any means, +~300 HP is certainly enough to save you but they seemed to have balanced most things so that if you do things right you won't be needing it. Certainly wouldn't hurt though, I suppose. Game makes VIT->HP higher for the tank classes though so you get less bang for your buck comparatively. I think WAR gets like +30 per point with Defiance up? Pretty crazy.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 28, 2013, 12:09:33 PM »

Primals are par for course for Relics, you just need Chimera, AK and Hydra first. Your GC Harpoon will last you till Primals for sure. What time are you going to be online today? If any of TES would like to start their Relics I can make the precursor weapons and meld them if they can provide the Materia. Depending on the weapon I may already have a supply of weapon pieces. There's nothing planned outside of Spirit Bond party today so we can probably get a lot done for folks if they're available.

From what I hear you guys are helping Mike and Stephen with Praetorium today? I may or may not be around for that - usually evenings Pacific rather than during the day for me. For Chimera/Hydra/etc, maybe once a few more of us need those for our relic quests we can do that together? Less runs for you guys to repeat, lol.

I was actually going to ask you for help with the Champions Lance part of my relic quest, but that was before I found one on the market with the materia melded for essentially the same price as the two savage aim materia by themselves. If someone else in my FC needs that part of the quest we'll let you know.

I've also unlocked Amdapor Keep. DPS check? Oh boy.

EDIT: Oh hey general question. Isn't there an item that lets you redistribute all your attribute points? I thought I had one but can't find it. I feel like my DRG could have used more STR points and less dexterity and vitality ones.

EDIT1: Also, it shouldn't be all that surprising that relic+1 does more damage than anything before it? I mean, for all that work, I would hope it does.

Yeah it's purchasable with GC seals, but I don't recall the name. For DRG you should put all 30 points into STR. DEX does nothing for DRG, that affects Ranged Attack Power. Accuracy is it's own stat and you'll pick up plenty on gear. I usually recommend you supplement your jewelry for VIT.
Yeah we finished Praet for Mike and Stephen last night. I think they enjoyed it :) Just let us know whenever you guys want to get started on your Relics. I will say it is much easier on us doing them 1-2 at a time. Especially on things like Titan you don't want more than 2 inexperienced players to the fight.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 28, 2013, 12:26:43 PM »

Yeah, definitely going to go with STR. Currently my jewelry has a combo of vitality and critical hit rate, mostly the latter.

Praetorium is an awesome dungeon - great final area imo. I tried Dhorme Chimera last night, holy shit that was hard. Three times and no luck. I've encouraged everyone to start their relic quests, so we'll see how far along we get. :)

Titan HM scares me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: October 28, 2013, 01:20:47 PM »

Yeah, definitely going to go with STR. Currently my jewelry has a combo of vitality and critical hit rate, mostly the latter.

Praetorium is an awesome dungeon - great final area imo. I tried Dhorme Chimera last night, holy shit that was hard. Three times and no luck. I've encouraged everyone to start their relic quests, so we'll see how far along we get. :)

Titan HM scares me.
When you fight Dhorme Chimera, first thing you oughta do is pull it out of the cave and to the snowy hill behind where you start. If you put it on the hillside, you can essentially ignore dragon's voice entirely as it won't hit anyone below the chimera's elevation and the safe zone is directly next to.him, so everyone oughta be safe from it. Ram's voice is all you need to stop now, and that's easy enough for a bard or pld offtank, or even a drg if they're looking for it. The mages and ranged DD need to be aware of ram's keeper as that's the only other attack that may cause problems. If you're going in with a full group of people working on relics, I'd consider holding the limit break at level 3 for a healer limit as it can revive dead party members to full weakened hp, but if you've built a level 3 you may be close enough to bring a weakened party up to finish the job. Honestly the chimera is way easy, as long as you go to that hill I mentioned, just gotta be alert.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 28, 2013, 05:39:37 PM »

Yeah a bunch of us were new. On the 2nd try we lured him out of the corner and used the slope, it worked a lot better but then we all started dropping when he was at like 1/4 health. Lol. I only had time to give it 3 tries, and soon more of my FC will need to do that fight anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 30, 2013, 01:57:52 AM »

Productive night tonight.

Solaris Clears Turn 2 and 3, Attempts Turn 4
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1498 on: October 30, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »

been mastering wanderers palace speed runs with my gf and the 2 leaders of my FC. capped myth and got vanya hat made. feel like i'm getting somewhere now.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:36:33 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: October 30, 2013, 03:27:18 AM »

So I picked up a warrior's cuirass for my war, and now have 7k hp again while using defiance in parties, and my heavy swings land for 120 damage a pop, with butcher's block upwards of 240+. My dragoon is also coming along well, just need a quick titan kill and I can go pick up my gae bolg. Hoping I can start doing BC again soon, cuz I'm definitely getting bored carrying newbs through ifrit, chimera, hydra, garuda, and watching them fail titan repeatedly.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: