Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 140806 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1500 on: October 30, 2013, 10:53:09 AM »

Yeah a bunch of us were new. On the 2nd try we lured him out of the corner and used the slope, it worked a lot better but then we all started dropping when he was at like 1/4 health. Lol. I only had time to give it 3 tries, and soon more of my FC will need to do that fight anyway.

Would you guys be willing to do your Relic fights this evening around 7:30pm PST/10:30pm EST? We're probably doing relic completions tonight for folks and figured I'd offer for anyone in TES who needs any of the fights.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: October 30, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »

Thanks for the offer - I'd like to join, and I'll find out if anyone else from TES is up for tonight as well. :)

EDIT: So most of them are busy, but I'll still be up for relic questing myself.

Did some more black smithing last night. Level 37! It's fun turning in HQ items on a crafting leve and getting like 56,000 EXP. And then they ask for more items. :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:39:10 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 02, 2013, 03:05:26 AM »

This whole tomestones grinding thing is going to suck isn't it? Especially if you hate duty finder like me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1503 on: November 02, 2013, 03:10:32 AM »

what is the principal problem with Titan? i'm a healer so i dont really know. i mean as long as everyone has ilvl 50 weapons it should be ok right? i mean its unrealistic to expect everyone to have ifrit or garuda weapons with only one drop per encounter imo.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1504 on: November 02, 2013, 03:21:09 AM »

what is the principal problem with Titan? i'm a healer so i dont really know. i mean as long as everyone has ilvl 50 weapons it should be ok right? i mean its unrealistic to expect everyone to have ifrit or garuda weapons with only one drop per encounter imo.
Yeah.....no.

Titan's initially not too hard, he just progressively gets more damaging and makes the last portion of the fight more of a dps race. He follows a pattern of attacks that at one point adds tumults and weight of the lands to, and he adds more as the fight ensues. It gets to a point that you can't outheal his damage, and just die. Equipment becomes a necessity to both survive and defeat him. A level 50 weapon on a DD is worthless honestly. Go do more ifrit and garuda and get something more useable. Hell, grind ak out and sell your tomestones for an i70 weapon if it's that troublesome. As a dd now and as a tank, I can safely say thaf if you come in with mediocre gear you're just making a decent run hard and costing people time.

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1505 on: November 02, 2013, 03:53:33 AM »

The 1st part of the fight is a dps race when heart phase is going you only have a small window of time to kill it or its a wipe. You can be good and dodge everything but if ya don't got the dps its a wipe. That is the reason EVERYONE needs to be alive during heart. near the end of the fight its a dps race cause of the increasing stomps, unless you really geared it becomes very hard to heal through after a certain amount.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1506 on: November 02, 2013, 04:44:50 AM »

The 1st part of the fight is a dps race when heart phase is going you only have a small window of time to kill it or its a wipe. You can be good and dodge everything but if ya don't got the dps its a wipe. That is the reason EVERYONE needs to be alive during heart. near the end of the fight its a dps race cause of the increasing stomps, unless you really geared it becomes very hard to heal through after a certain amount.
Way to make my statement seem cruel ;(

TASTY!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1507 on: November 02, 2013, 06:08:51 AM »

its ;ludicrous to expect players to have primal weapons with only one chest per encounter.....

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1508 on: November 02, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »

Way to make my statement seem cruel ;(
your statement isn't cruel, just the truth. Don't need to be in there without Ifrit equiv bare minimum, unless you being carried. I don't think its really that bad as far getting weapons go, 1 guaranteed weapon in a 5-12 min fight as opposed to a random  percent chance to drop in some hour long instance. Anyway you go at it you gonna have to fight RNG, its the nature of A mmo.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »

its ;ludicrous to expect players to have primal weapons with only one chest per encounter.....

It sucks, but Titan HM is brutal and you'll want a decent weapon. I haven't even tried it yet but there's no way I want to go into that fight with a grand company weapon. :p It's why people repeat Ifrit and Garuda so often. Plus it's much quicker than a whole dungeon. Even Ifrit still kicks my ass. Last night the tank kinda sucked though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1510 on: November 02, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »

Welcome to the new FF XIV ARR, if your not hard core, end game only, and geared to the teeth your pretty much an outcast....

doh
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1511 on: November 02, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »

It takes about 10 minutes to drop a primal. 9 possible weapons drop, and 1 is always guaranteed. Yeah,this isn't exactly outlandish to expect a play to dedicate a couple hours to getting a new weapon. If someone said relics only for titan, I'd get offended, but an ifrit or garuda weapon,those aren't hard to beat even with df groups.

In regards to datastorm.....wut? It's been 2 and a half months since official launch, and even at the worst level of 1 hour a day gaming, you should easily have a couple of pieces of Darklight gear and some AK stuff. If you're off leveling secondary classes and crafts, I can understand a tad that your current gear may be a bit underwhelming, but to insinuate that there's any challenge to the current end content that it's hard to have good gear is just terrible. At the end of the day, for an MMO, this is incredibly INCREDIBLY tame for a challenge in gear accrual and difficulty.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1512 on: November 02, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »

Yeah, I normally take about six months to get a character to max level in an MMO and I managed to get one here in six weeks. Even during the Main Scenario the game hands out levels like candy on Halloween. I've said on the forums, I hope when the time comes to raise level cap they make it at least a little challenging to get to max level. With the direction the game seems to be going, I don't know if it will hold my attention as long as 1.0 did. At least that offered me something I can't get in other MMO's. But only time will tell if the team will bring anything interesting to the table.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1513 on: November 02, 2013, 11:38:03 PM »

I'll have to echo D's sentiment. It is not difficult the obtain a Primal weapon from Ifrit or Garuda, the RNG for the weapon you want is your biggest hurdle. Honestly, until you run the fights you really won't get an idea of difficulty. They all have certain mechanics that have to be dealt with or you auto fail. Outside of Titan, Ifrit and Garuda are pretty forgiving as far as gear goes. Of course player skill makes a big difference too. Titan is a skill and a gear check. As the last step of your relics and the final hurdle to Binding Coil, he's designed to be a final exam of sorts. He's not impossible but he requires people to pay attention, know the fight and meet the minimum gear requirements. You don't need relics and full DL to beat him, but you need folks in AK gear and a primal weapon to have even a proper chance of success.

I don't understand the elitism that's permeating the game. Granted this has existed since the genre was born. Requiring relics for entry level content needed to get a relic is lol-worthy. Relics for WP!? An ilevel 55 dungeon... Come on. It all boils down to laziness. Players want their content as easy as possible so by having these ridiculous overgear requirements they think they'll have a guaranteed win or don't have to work as hard. What's funny is that when you actually get into these groups the majority of the people who are demanding this level of gear are either a) under geared themselves or b) bad players in general.  Granted there are certain things that you need a degree of good gear to complete, like Titan. Binding Coil is unforgiving to players who haven't put in the effort to complete their relic and have most if not all of their Darklight or ilevel 70 crafted gear. But then again Crystal Tower was supposed to be released alongside Coil so players could gear appropriately. Right now attempting Coil in DL/relic is he equivalent of skipping BWL and attempting Naxxramus in MC gear. It can be done but there's zero wiggle room as far as gear checks go.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:13:07 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1514 on: November 03, 2013, 02:03:49 AM »

I'll have to echo D's sentiment. It is not difficult the obtain a Primal weapon from Ifrit or Garuda, the RNG for the weapon you want is your biggest hurdle. Honestly, until you run the fights you really won't get an idea of difficulty. They all have certain mechanics that have to be dealt with or you auto fail. Outside of Titan, Ifrit and Garuda are pretty forgiving as far as gear goes. Of course player skill makes a big difference too. Titan is a skill and a gear check. As the last step of your relics and the final hurdle to Binding Coil, he's designed to be a final exam of sorts. He's not impossible but he requires people to pay attention, know the fight and meet the minimum gear requirements. You don't need relics and full DL to beat him, but you need folks in AK gear and a primal weapon to have even a proper chance of success.

I don't understand the elitism that's permeating the game. Granted this has existed since the genre was born. Requiring relics for entry level content needed to get a relic is lol-worthy. Relics for WP!? An ilevel 55 dungeon... Come on. It all boils down to laziness. Players want their content as easy as possible so by having these ridiculous overgear requirements they think they'll have a guaranteed win or don't have to work as hard. What's funny is that when you actually get into these groups the majority of the people who are demanding this level of gear are either a) under geared themselves or b) bad players in general.  Granted there are certain things that you need a degree of good gear to complete, like Titan. Binding Coil is unforgiving to players who haven't put in the effort to complete their relic and have most if not all of their Darklight or ilevel 70 crafted gear. But then again Crystal Tower was supposed to be released alongside Coil so players could gear appropriately. Right now attempting Coil in DL/relic is he equivalent of skipping BWL and attempting Naxxramus in MC gear. It can be done but there's zero wiggle room as far as gear checks go.
Its not all about the easiness, though that plays a part, there is also the speed factor as well. a full relic garuda myth farm group can kill her  before she makes it to the center the 2nd time. So a kill every 4 mins or so.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: