Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 10:56:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329712 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 129969 times)
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: November 13, 2013, 07:10:45 PM »

I went directly from my GC weapon to my Relic as well. Before they added myths to WP it was probably a regular thing to bypass it entirely. As far as I can tell they screwed up the itemiztion on Ifrit's Bow and actually made it weaker than GC bow, and I was too lazy to play the Garuda lottery over and over. The numerous weapon replacements wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to get each one.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 13, 2013, 08:29:50 PM »

Yeah, the gear drops aren't even all that great in WP. Besides using the spear like twice, I've pretty much sold off all the other crap for company seals and I've stopped doing that because I have no idea what I even want to buy from my GC at this point.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 15, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »

So... The lightning quest stuff started. I tried the two fates in La Noscea after starting the quest in lower Limsa, didn't get any items for said quest. The first time I didn't get to enemies fast enough and the second I couldn't target the boss (bird) to save my life. It was Odin all over again. I saw Lightning though. I'm sort of underwhelmed, but maybe I just need to try when less people are camping out and spamming Blizzard II.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: November 15, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »

You only need to worry about getting silver. For dodo, put on some buffs and go to town, for crabs, wait by the trees where they spawn and nobody stands around.

Also for crabs turn down your SFX and Ambience volumes so that you can slaughter crabs to "Blinded by Light"

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 15, 2013, 06:15:04 PM »

I heard the XIII music, yeah. But I couldn't target the dodo and I don't have an AoE below level 17 or whatever I sync down to. So at this point I can't get anything at all, even bronze. I'll try later.

Blacksmith level 50! The crafting class-specific gear is not cheap in HQ, but nice. And I can dye it! Yay!

I have like 3 pieces of darklight so far and getting kind of close to relic +1. I also think I want a warrior someday. One day.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:17:06 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 16, 2013, 01:28:37 AM »

Finished Relic #6. It's starting to feel like Groundhog's Day. Been enjoying crafting some of the 2 star stuff and finding that some of it is actually better than Allagan with the right melds. I'm considering starting an alt so I can help with an earlier EST Coil team. Yeah I probably need my head examined.  2.1 cannot come soon enough.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 16, 2013, 05:02:57 AM »

I'm actually starting to think about Coil. Mostly because I feel like I haven't done anything new in the game for a couple weeks. :) I know I need more gear though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:42 AM »

Have Alchemist, Carpenter and Weaver at 50. A few others getting there. I'll report back with screens when I finish crafting some nice outfits for them.

I'll just leave a "crafting is suffering" pic for now.

All with steady hand II. 7/19 successes in case you don't feel like counting.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: November 16, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

Finished Relic #6. It's starting to feel like Groundhog's Day. Been enjoying crafting some of the 2 star stuff and finding that some of it is actually better than Allagan with the right melds. I'm considering starting an alt so I can help with an earlier EST Coil team. Yeah I probably need my head examined.  2.1 cannot come soon enough.

Wow, 6 relics, easy-mode enabled. Pretty sad to see how this game has turned. If they are making it this easy they are going to have to start pumping out new content ever month.

doh
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 16, 2013, 12:08:36 PM »

I'm not sure it's easy so much as him being dedicated. The relic quest is hard imo, but I've only done it once so I'm not sure if it actually gets easier with another job. If I do level WAR (which is likely, I started GLA last night ahaha oops), I'm not looking forward to that part.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: November 16, 2013, 12:58:03 PM »

Finally have my first piece of DL gear (not including the weapon from WP) so that's something I suppose.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: November 16, 2013, 02:35:18 PM »

I'm not sure it's easy so much as him being dedicated. The relic quest is hard imo, but I've only done it once so I'm not sure if it actually gets easier with another job. If I do level WAR (which is likely, I started GLA last night ahaha oops), I'm not looking forward to that part.
You need gld 15 to unlock war anyway, and should level gld to 22 minimum for provoke.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 16, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »

Yep, which is why I started up gladiator. Got to level 6 in like ten minutes. Good to know about provoke though. :) (The bonus about being a level 50 BSM is I can make all my swords AND axes HQ.)

Realized I'm closer to relic +1 than I thought. Like 100 myth stones after this week.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »

This. The relic quest doesn't downgrade in difficulty. It only seems easier because we've done it so many times that it's almost automated. We're also probably quite overgeared for the encounters. We can do the whole chain in a little over 2 hours with our strongest members. There are still problems if we don't stack the raid. People are still having problems with Titan HM and DF is a crapshoot for the other Primals. But yeah, at this point it's either Coil, farming tomes or working on Relics. Rich people problems, I know...

SE really needs to unsubscribe from the artificial caps/time sinks as a way to keep players invested. It's ok in the short term but we're almost 3 months in and the lack of new content is really hurting the game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:29:45 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: November 17, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »

I really miss playing.  Blargh.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: