Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:16:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327762 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 118842 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1590 on: November 17, 2013, 09:06:42 AM »

SE really needs to unsubscribe from the artificial caps/time sinks as a way to keep players invested. It's ok in the short term but we're almost 3 months in and the lack of new content is really hurting the game.

After watching yesterday's livestream of Wildstar, if this game hasn't gotten a little less repetitive when that comes out, I know I'll probably be unsubscribing.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 17, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »

As I don't normally (read: ever) gravitate towards MMOs, I'm probably not going to quit anytime soon. As long as the new content is interesting and I can eventually manage Coil and my friends are still playing, at least.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1592 on: November 18, 2013, 08:41:53 PM »

Finished Relic #6. It's starting to feel like Groundhog's Day. Been enjoying crafting some of the 2 star stuff and finding that some of it is actually better than Allagan with the right melds. I'm considering starting an alt so I can help with an earlier EST Coil team. Yeah I probably need my head examined.  2.1 cannot come soon enough.

Wow, 6 relics, easy-mode enabled. Pretty sad to see how this game has turned. If they are making it this easy they are going to have to start pumping out new content ever month.
You want hard mode get a chocobo to rank 10. That damn thing is straight up aion 1.0 grind.
this in spritbonding rank 4-8 not counting the 2s and white elemental crap
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1593 on: November 20, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »

Curious what our resident Warrior, Agent D's thought are on the planned class/job changes

I agree with some of the follow-up sentiments that it makes the Warrior too much like just a slight variation of Paladin.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 20, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »

....darnit I also wanted to know what the dragoon changes are.

I see they're also raising the myth stones cap to 450 when 2.1 comes out. Then I can spend way too much time earning the wyrm's set!

Got relic +1 last night. Shiny.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1595 on: November 20, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »

Holmgang finally....FINALLY has use. That's awesome. Vengeance buff is pretty cool, as is thrill of battle to 20 seconds, that's awesome. Lowering the tp cost and storm's eye and path is retarded, they should have adjusted the effectiveness of the moves themselves, especially path. Overpower didn't need a buff to enmity either, warriors just needed to berserk when using it for better effect, but I'll take the boost. The mrd changes are all cool. Lowering Inner Beast to 100% health restoration and giving a 20% defense buff for use is intriguing, though the best inner beast was only getting me with a full str assortment and buffs up a 1k hit on critical hits, so now it's useless for healing. Wrath no longer being attached to the healing boost is great and all, but war may become OP because of it. It's easy to keep wrath up usually and as sucb blow repeated IBs for the defense buff. I'm sure warriors still wish for some sort of overhealed stoneskin effect to justify repeated IBs. Steel cyclone enmity was needed, because as it stands it did nothing for hate, so that's cool. Unchained may finally be worth using more cuz that 3 minute cooldown was such a shitty idea. All in all,the war buffs look good, but this just made them more like plds so idk how awesome it is. Wad as hp tanks was cool, now they just gave defense everywhere and variations to how we get those buffs up.

To be fair though,we still have no silence making ADS in turn 2 of BC nearly impossible for double war tanks.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1596 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:08 PM »

The reasons they give for continuing to make crafting useless make no sense to me. RMT will always find a way to fart around in your game and even if your design choices do limit or completely eliminate RMT, wasn't the whole issue with them that you think they ruin the game? If you're changing entire design philosophies just to combat RMT that's completely self-defeating.

And oh no, somebody might manipulate the market, like that isn't what you're supposed to do with it. I don't get why they want to design everything with this weird play-nice mentality ("cant add a boot party in DF since that would just be meanyface" etc)

also holyshit WAR changes, I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the myth cap etc.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1597 on: November 20, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »

Well the RMT thing was just a secondary excuse. The main excuse basically is because they don't want people playing their game "wrong" That was just an awful post all around.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1598 on: November 20, 2013, 10:58:33 PM »

It's all connected because they think that if they allow people to buy top-end gear it will encourage people to turn to RMT more in order to afford it. That isn't wrong, but like I said, it's dumb to go through designing parts of your game and stopping every time and going "can this be abused by RMT?" because the answer is always going to end up being "yes" regardless of what you do. You can't stop the RMT cat-and-mouse game, or at least if you do, you will almost certainly run out of players first because RMT are always more patient and resourceful than the actual players are.

I've said this elsewhere, but honestly who really cares if someone "buys" their way into endgame using gil, it's not going to affect me in any way whatsoever unless I'm one of those people that cares about things like server firsts, and even then I probably wouldn't care all that much.

It's just disappointed to see them wanting to limit their crafting in this way when it's one of the best parts of the game. Trying to make it so that you don't have to have a craft to do endgame stuff I can understand since not everyone likes it (EX making armors that can only be worn by someone with appropriate crafting leveled; you can have non-tradable materials in the game if you want as long as you implement a "request synthesis" system), but making it useless like this? wat.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:12:37 PM by Hathen » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 22, 2013, 02:20:41 PM »

December 17th! And other 2.1 stuff.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/121315-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-X-Q-A-Updates

I attempted to summarize it since the thread is like 7 pages long.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1945.html

I'm glad my Jump will screw me over less. Also more DPS? Sweeeet.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1600 on: November 22, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »

I really like the idea of the MIP system only being able to be used by solo DF users. Such a simple solution that will mostly prevent abuse of the feature.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1601 on: November 23, 2013, 07:16:43 AM »

Glad they decided to add a boot function after all. MIP system is still stupid unless it's completely painless (and given how laggy menus can be in this game I somehow doubt it) because non-trolling DF people are probably going to be apathetic pretty often and not bother voting for anyone.

Cross-class abilities getting swapped out on Bard really just narrows it down to them removing one+ of three moves: Internal Relase, Invigorate and Blood-for-Blood. The rest of what we can cross-class is completely superfluous.

Of these, I don't mind losing BfB as much because while it was a big damage increase it was a bit unwieldy to use (I imagine it's even more of a pain in the ass when you're up close on Dragoon), although it's kind of annoying I only just recently got Lancer to 34 and they go and immediately remove it. Losing Invigorate would really suck for those longer fights and AoE spamming sessions though. Removing Internal Release from the list would be the most painful probably.

Really I hate that their solution to this problem is to limit our choices in the cross-class skill system even more than they already are. I would really like it if they replaced it with a move from another class that isn't damage-related. Eye for an Eye, Virus or Bloodbath would be cool.

Oh yeah, not allowing you to form anything larger than a 8-man party for Crystal Tower is among the dumbest ideas they've done so far, and that's pretty impressive considering some of the other things they've done, but wow. Playing with 16 randoms from the DF, what would possibly go wrong
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:02:53 AM by Hathen » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1602 on: November 23, 2013, 10:42:29 AM »

Well, you have to assume most players are gonna form a party for CT, so it's safe-ish to assume that you are going to get actual groups instead of random dumbasses.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: November 23, 2013, 11:40:14 AM »

Generally, Blood for Blood isn't so unwieldy for me as a dragoon... As long as I'm not stealing aggro. And when BfB is on, that happens quicker. Otherwise, for me it's totally worth it to have on for the damage increase.

I know bard has a TP song, but it's gradual and Invigorate is an instant 400 TP, so that would be a pain to lose.

I actually still haven't used many cross class abilities on DRG. I have Bloodbath, and I see other people mention Internal Release a lot.

I didn't see it in the Q&A, but I think you'll have to form your own party for CT. Which would up the chance of the other 8 person parties being coordinated, or so you'd hope.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1604 on: November 23, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »

Army's Paeon directly reduces Bard damage by 20%, so it's pretty much useless. If the game had a basic UI function like letting me see party TP it'd be a lot more useful.

Lots of enemies like using cleaves or even arena-wide moves so I that's what I mean when I say B4B is unwieldy. It has some amount of timing involved with its use (unless you feel like stressing your healer a bit) unlike other cooldowns where it's just push and go.

As for the CT Alliance thing, it really doesn't affect me personally that much, but I remember tons of people recruiting in their FC specifically because they knew CT was coming up. Sucks for them I guess, but it's still really dumb that a basic function like this isn't going to be there.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: