Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330113 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 131982 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: November 23, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »

Yeah, my friend who plays bard did mention it reduces his damage, so he uses it sparingly (ie, when we both need TP and Invigorate is still cooling down) and I need to AoE spam for whatever reason. I agree we need to see each other's TP, it's a good thing my FC usually voice chats and can communicate that stuff. Plus, we can see each other's MP already.

They didn't say which cross class abilities you'll lose, so you might not lose Invigorate after all...

Likely I've simply gotten used to BfB, and I can handle the extra damage (or just get out of it in time) more than a bard can. Or at least my friend, and he has full DL gear. I'm half DL.

Next up for my myth tomes: chestpiece! Gonna take 2-3 weeks but it'll be worth it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1606 on: November 23, 2013, 01:28:24 PM »

I made the big visible pieces from myth my priority (hat and body), because looking swag is more important than stats.

Army's Paeon's alright if multiple people are all out of TP, but those kinds of situations honestly don't come up that often. Most fights in the game don't last that long unless you are terribly undergeared or you're using the big TP-burn moves like AoEs. Otherwise it's just something you'd occasionally put up in between pulls like when you run room-to-room in BC Turn 2. The can't-see-each-other's TP thing is especially baffling to me because it was a problem in FFXI for 10 years and they still didn't bother sticking it in, at least as an option.

I'm probably overstating the B4B damage a bit, it's mostly obvious things like "don't use it in the middle of Tumult" and such since 25% extra is a lot if you're taking big or multiple hits. But basically from a DPS perspective the other ones can be used as soon as they're up (except during phase changes of course) so they're always working at maximum efficiency. Sometimes I wait a couple beats before I use Blood for Blood so it's less efficient than my other cooldowns, at least as far as maximizing its output.

But yeah, I have no idea what Bard's losing, or if we're even completely losing anything at all, because as far as I know they just said "adjustment to cross class abilities Bard can use", which could also mean something like nerfing Internal Relase to 5% if a Bard is using it or something dumb like that. Really nerfing Bards wasn't needed at all especially with that 10% increase to melee DPS because Bards were already the bottom tier of DPS as far as pure numbers are concerned. I don't think SE gets that a lot of groups bring Bards largely because of their support abilities.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1607 on: November 23, 2013, 01:54:20 PM »

BFB isn't an issue generally unless you like to use jump on drg, don't dodge much, or you're fighting something that has guaranteed AoE damage you can't avoid. Even with those in mind, BFB still is more of a blessing than a curse, 20% more damage is always nice (30 on drg). I have a feeling Bard's simply being removed from drg's cross class list, probably being added to cnj. Then again, it could just be that BFB gets pulled from cross class. Invigorate shouldn't get a penalty, as it doesn't directly enhance their output, just allows for maintained output.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1608 on: November 23, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »

I actually considered if they'd switch the class for a second, then realized that switching it to just about any other class would offer 0 benefits whatsoever. Any of the mage classes would be terrible because of how magic potency works (increasing magic damage on bows may fix it a little if they really wanted to), if they found a way around that I actually wouldn't mind tossing a few cures in between my shots. ACN would actually be better than CNJ right now though since Eye-for-an-Eye and Virus are good supporting abilities (and they're insta-cast) and Physick is just as good as Cure. Gladiator would obviously be useless too (I could spam provoke to annoy D but other than that not really) and they obviously won't do MRD because I'll get Fracture and Mercy Stroke.

Removing Lancer altogether would be a massive hit to Bards (and people would still take one for Ballad so the dev team will go "all is well").
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1609 on: November 23, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »

Damn, I get a little pissy one night cuz you're retarded and I'm never gonna hear the end of it....

But yeah, brd is delicate to change. Honestly, I think a 5% decrease in damage and a 10% decrease in hate accrual would be literally just fine.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 23, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »

Wyrm's mail has the bonus of both having stats I want, and being the most visible. Plus it's the most expensive piece (legs are the same price, but not as visible) so it'll be nice to get out of the way.

BFB isn't an issue generally unless you like to use jump on drg, don't dodge much, or you're fighting something that has guaranteed AoE damage you can't avoid. Even with those in mind, BFB still is more of a blessing than a curse, 20% more damage is always nice (30 on drg).

This, pretty much. The 30% is worth it as long as I'm staying out of bad shit. Yeah, I've got to be more careful with it when there's huge and/or unavoidable AoEs, but the same goes for my Jumps and nearly everything since I'm melee. And I can generally use it once I activate it, so I'm not sure what the issue is there... I wait until the tank has aggro before hitting BfB though.

These days it's pretty rare that we AoE spam to the point of me needing anything more than Invigorate anyway - now we kill things fast enough, but before we all got relics he needed to use the TP ballad a lot more.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 03:51:02 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: November 24, 2013, 12:13:59 AM »

Army's Paeon is invaluable in long term AOE spam > 30 seconds. You absolutely *cannot* do Turn 4 in Coil without keeping it up as much as possible for yourself as a BRD and any melee class. Other than that it's use is pretty limited.

Speaking as a career BRD, I'm highly disappointed in their decision to nerf the job by messing with cross class. I would think removal of using WS while moving would be the most appropriate change, because really... thats kind if OP and allows us to maintain damage in every evasive situation. No other class can do that to much effect (BLM Scathe and ACN Bio). As it stands in most group settings were using songs which other than Foe Requiem nerfs our damage pretty severely. I really wish SE would look more at bringing classes up in line rather than nerfing a job that's pretty much working as intended. BRDs got a huge nerf going into ARR, why are we here again? Because people learned to play it well despite its problems and players with zero knowledge of the job or it's history start crying wolf.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:16:09 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1612 on: November 24, 2013, 01:20:30 AM »

All hail StumbleButt! My KFC is full grown and ready to be BBQed.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: November 24, 2013, 01:26:19 AM »

Grats! No job specific Barding though :(
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1614 on: November 24, 2013, 01:37:06 AM »

Grats! No job specific Barding though :(
no yet sadly. They are supposed to be adding a way to respec in 2.1
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1615 on: November 24, 2013, 01:44:35 AM »

I actually only just got to Turn 4, and I can definitely see how it'd be useful in there. Bard's my only 50 class as well and personally I would take a DPS nerf over a mobility nerf because I'd rather the classes stay unique and that's supposed to be Bard's strength. Well, preferably it would be neither given that 10% melee boost, but whatever, they're overreacting to cries of jobs being overpowered like every other modern MMO.

Yikes, grats on the rank 10 chocobo. I remember when my chocobo was Rank 2 and I thought the game was glitched or something because the bar moved so slowly, then I realized that was by design. I got my chocobo to rank 4 for some free cures in case I need it, but past that I didn't bother. I'd level my chocobo a lot more if they fixed all the gripes I have with the companion system (you can't queue and they eat your drops are the two biggest issues for me).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:46:17 AM by Hathen » Logged
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1616 on: November 24, 2013, 01:52:55 AM »

I actually only just got to Turn 4, and I can definitely see how it'd be useful in there. Bard's my only 50 class as well and personally I would take a DPS nerf over a mobility nerf because I'd rather the classes stay unique and that's supposed to be Bard's strength. Well, preferably it would be neither given that 10% melee boost, but whatever, they're overreacting to cries of jobs being overpowered like every other modern MMO.

Yikes, grats on the rank 10 chocobo. I remember when my chocobo was Rank 2 and I thought the game was glitched or something because the bar moved so slowly, then I realized that was by design. I got my chocobo to rank 4 for some free cures in case I need it, but past that I didn't bother. I'd level my chocobo a lot more if they fixed all the gripes I have with the companion system (you can't queue and they eat your drops are the two biggest issues for me).
That bar just doesn't move.....soul crushing doesn't even describe it. I Lucked out and found a choco party grinding spot in south shroud to grind out 75% of rank9. Two groups pulling everything around the clock and it still takes forever to get any real progress done.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: November 24, 2013, 04:24:05 AM »

You know we have an FC buff for that :)
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1618 on: November 24, 2013, 06:13:34 AM »

You know we have an FC buff for that :)
wut?! now you tell me, LOL
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1619 on: November 24, 2013, 09:20:30 AM »

Wait, you're Arrowny? Aren't you in my Roleplay LS? That's awesome! (And congrats! I keep forgetting to summon my chocobo when I'm farming for mats =_=)

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: