Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 02:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329308 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 128174 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1635 on: December 03, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

Ps4 version scheduled for april next year.

TASTY!
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1636 on: December 03, 2013, 03:10:02 PM »

Which should give me...5 months of solid play on the PS4 before I get married and can no longer spend time on MMOs hahaha.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1637 on: December 04, 2013, 02:35:19 AM »

Sweet.  I should be back home in May, probably in time for everyone to have moved on, haha.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1638 on: December 04, 2013, 02:37:07 AM »

By that point, the game will HOPEFULLY be awesome instead of pretty good.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 04, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »

I wager we should easily have patch 2.2 by then.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1640 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »

Re: how hard is it to gather crystals
It's like every other mat where you get per press of X, it's mindblowing they made shard gathering so annoying. Imagine if RMT weren't around to bot the crap out of them, they'd be even more expensive.
There are ways to increase your crystal yields but not by much, those stacks of 1000 shards you've been buying would take hours to farm up yourself even if you went to the best spit for it (the dye areas).

So CT's getting a lockout of 1 item per week. "That's really stupid" was my reaction. Yoshi actually said people should rotate content...in a game that has almost purely vertical progression. I honestly have no idea what they're thinking other than "artificially lengthen content as much as possible", which will probably just serve to frustrate people.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1641 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »

Wow, that CT thing really is stupid. It's the vertical progression that's really going to kill this game no matter how much endgame stuff they put in.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1642 on: December 04, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »

I think vertical progression is the reason I can't play most MMOs anymore.

I don't remember where I heard this (a podcast I think) but someone said:
The next big MMO will probably not have (character) levels.
The more I ponder upon it, the more I can see that that guy was most probably right.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:11:04 PM by Annubis » Logged
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1643 on: December 05, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »

Re: how hard is it to gather crystals
It's like every other mat where you get per press of X, it's mindblowing they made shard gathering so annoying. Imagine if RMT weren't around to bot the crap out of them, they'd be even more expensive.
There are ways to increase your crystal yields but not by much, those stacks of 1000 shards you've been buying would take hours to farm up yourself even if you went to the best spit for it (the dye areas).

So CT's getting a lockout of 1 item per week. "That's really stupid" was my reaction. Yoshi actually said people should rotate content...in a game that has almost purely vertical progression. I honestly have no idea what they're thinking other than "artificially lengthen content as much as possible", which will probably just serve to frustrate people.
its a piss poor way to mask the fact the game has very little end game progressive content. CT   was going to be the way people gear up alts and run things with fc members you rarely get to do anything with. I don't mind a loot lockout if it was sensible, but a week is freaking ridiculous.  I went from excited  about crystal tower to meh. Can't run it as fc or alliance raid,  can't farm for alts. As it stands it would actually be easier/better to gear an alt with myth gear which is higher item level then CT then actually do CT for alts, maybe use CT for accessories but that is just about it. That is if you are geared enough on your main to have that luxury. 18 weeks of stretching content is what they hoping for, which is when 2.2 if they are on time (lol) will probably be out.
edit: Square Enix said 2.2 would be released in 3 months . I added 1 month and a half as the Square Enix tax.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 10:04:21 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 05, 2013, 11:53:15 AM »

As it stands it would actually be easier/better to gear an alt with myth gear which is higher item level then CT then actually do CT for alts, maybe use CT for accessories but that is just about it. That is if you are geared enough on your main to have that luxury.

Sort of what I was thinking. One item per week is an odd decision. Coil doesn't have this restriction and they're raising the myth cap/increasing ways to get myth tomes. It almost seems easier to keep gearing your main that way, and do CT in hopes of occasionally getting something useful for your main or can use on an alt. But fully gearing a main in CT.. not happening. I'm already working on getting AF+1 stuff.

Not that I won't do CT regardless, it'll be something new and a way to get tomes.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1645 on: December 05, 2013, 12:09:50 PM »

Yeah, it's actually easier to gear up i90 between myths, coil, and the new Primal Quest that also has a weekly lockout. SE logic on full display. I was never too interested in the drops from CT myself as well, I just wanted new content to play in. In that regard, the fact that I have to trust to the DF to find 16 non-stupid people is a really big turn-off. I don't mind new players that are willing to listen and learn, but I do mind the regular people you run into DF who don't know the pointy end of the sword isn't the one you're supposed to be gripping. At least there's going to be a kick function of some sort but I still don't know the specifics of that so I'm betting it's something dumb like you can't use it if you queue with a group, or it needs 23/24 people to vote yes so you'll always just have people joining in pairs to annoy the whole group.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:11:27 PM by Hathen » Logged
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1646 on: December 06, 2013, 04:34:22 AM »

I'll do CT, don't get me wrong. I am just really disappointed in almost all the changes they did to it. Most of them to artificially stretch getting loot out of it as long possible, in a most likely brain dead easy item level 55 instance. Cause if it isn't THAT easy the DF thing will probably kill the interest in CT faster then the loot lock out. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:43:44 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:54 PM »

2.1 website is up. PVP will be separate skills (yay) than PVE. I'm actually finding more reasons to be exited about this patch as more info becomes available.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/2_1_A_Realm_Awoken/
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1648 on: December 07, 2013, 05:38:35 AM »

i lot of stuff in this game seems very f2p'ish. i think the 3 month gaps for content are too much so they have to try and keep people playing long enough to get to the next patch.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 11, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »

Primal battle preview

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/08be66738fa9d456e9d9857ae3f8fbc63bbcb912

I love the Titan Extreme quest name. Also that mogfork.

Also Tenchi's new avatar is fabulous.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:50:21 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: