Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 06:34:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 140665 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: December 15, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

Besides the obvious lack of proof reading, I fail to see why the patch notes are so bad. I did enjoy seeing the heavy thrust description 3 times in a row, but I liked most of what I read. I think the housing right now is nothing more than bragging rights for a free company, so the pricing is fine for the time being. The adjustments were fine for the most part (summoner gets nerfed for no reason though, odd). The gear changes for allagan were acceptable in my opinion. My only complaint is the obvious lack of stuff to do at BC level and the stupidity of the weekly limit for Crystal Tower items. Now that we have a 450 myth cap, full i90 gear is MUCH easier to accomplish, so CT is really a massive waste of time.

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: December 15, 2013, 04:56:25 PM »

Besides the obvious lack of proof reading, I fail to see why the patch notes are so bad. I did enjoy seeing the heavy thrust description 3 times in a row, but I liked most of what I read. I think the housing right now is nothing more than bragging rights for a free company, so the pricing is fine for the time being. The adjustments were fine for the most part (summoner gets nerfed for no reason though, odd). The gear changes for allagan were acceptable in my opinion. My only complaint is the obvious lack of stuff to do at BC level and the stupidity of the weekly limit for Crystal Tower items. Now that we have a 450 myth cap, full i90 gear is MUCH easier to accomplish, so CT is really a massive waste of time.
D, If you think 20 mil for hut the size of the inn room is ok on legacy servers.....then I have no words. 90% of the player base will NEVER get a house. Misconception about legacy servers most people don't shit out money that are on them. SMN, BRDs and WHM got raped in the patch, with changes that don't make sense. SMN A main rotation spell just wiped out with nothing to replace it, and Virus now has an 60 sec immunity. Brd Rain of Death which was a big help to everyone now changed to a worthless skill that will never be used. WHM had their ability to dps curb stomped. 
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1667 on: December 15, 2013, 05:21:36 PM »

The job adjustments were done very poorly, they're reacting to all the people on the official forums that are terrible at the game and have no idea what they're talking about. Bard was already one of the weakest DPS in the game, and they decide to not only shave two of their cooldowns by 50%, but remove one of their nicely balanced (TP-cost wise) support skills. And people are still going to take them because they are taken for the fact they can song on top of their serviceable DPS (and silence, though at this point I'm wondering if it's better to just make the SCH silence instead of the second Bard or something) and not because they're the best DPS.

Rain of Death has 0 use now other than free shots you get from trait procs. It's probably a backhanded nerf to PLD if anything but it's still annoying.

The Bard changes arn't going to kill the job but it was unnecessary considering how they just boosted melee DPS by like 15% across the board.

Aside from Bard, they:
-They boosted MNK a ridiculous amount even though it was already the best DPS
-Boosted DRG decently but not as much as MNK, which doesn't make sense because they needed it the most
-They removed Thunder from SMN's Rotation even though it was in perfect sync with MNK in being a top tier DPS until MNK gets in the right rhythm
-They nerfed Holy for no real reason, but more importantly they nerfed Medica II, the cure III change is nice in that people might actually cast the spell now
-They added Blizzard II to every single DoM so people can be more annoying in FATEs (just being nitpicky, I get why they did it, but goddamn if that is not the most annoying thing in the game)
-WAR changes are a mixed bag, they certainly needed a boost but I don't really like how they made the job further away from the original idea (reactive tanking VS PLD's mitigation tanking) because they got lazy...in the first patch after launch.

That aside, the housing thing is just dumb not because of the top end prices (Though I want you to find me even 1 FC with a net worth of 500,000,000 gil), but because of the bottom ones. I've barely bought anything since the game came out and I have 1/4 of the amount of money required to get the smallest house. It's impossible for legitimate players to make money because poopsockers camp the Market Boards all day cutting everything to oblivion, so the most money you make is from dungeon runs. We'll have to do like 10,000 WPs to get the smallest house. And remember, we're not talking about a game-breaking weapon or something here, we're talking about fluff vanity content in the form of a completely empty house, don't forget you still need to fill it with furniture after you buy it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:31:06 PM by Hathen » Logged
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: December 15, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »

Trying to rely on Selene to silence would be a bad idea. Sch being a healer class  have terrible accuracy to begin with and pets have less accuracy then their masters.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: December 15, 2013, 07:07:30 PM »

How are the gear changes acceptable? Tanks lost Parry for DET and caster lost even more accuracy? So now you have drops from the hardest dungeon in the game suddenly not being BiS for the content it was designed for and being overshadowed by myth gear which takes zero skill to obtain.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1670 on: December 15, 2013, 07:39:57 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, they changed allagan gear that was identical to myth gear or they were trying to keep some kind of "theme" with the stats on the allagan armor, thus the changes. Too lazy to go compare it myself atm though. It's probably to offer some amount of horizontal progression there but the problem is of course that allagan gear is random as hell so it's not really a good idea to plan sets assuming you'll get x allagan piece anytime soon.

Trying to rely on Selene to silence would be a bad idea. Sch being a healer class  have terrible accuracy to begin with and pets have less accuracy then their masters.

Heh, all I know is that I've heard people running Turn 2 with SCH as one of their silencers, so I imagine its viable, albeit stressful for the SCH.
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: December 15, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, they changed allagan gear that was identical to myth gear or they were trying to keep some kind of "theme" with the stats on the allagan armor, thus the changes. Too lazy to go compare it myself atm though. It's probably to offer some amount of horizontal progression there but the problem is of course that allagan gear is random as hell so it's not really a good idea to plan sets assuming you'll get x allagan piece anytime soon.

Heh, all I know is that I've heard people running Turn 2 with SCH as one of their silencers, so I imagine its viable, albeit stressful for the SCH.
They free to run it that way if they want, i'd personally wouldn't like risking wiping on turn 2 repeatedly cause of the high chance selene would have with missing. Sure you could do it, but you are playing with the rng gods big time. The allagan boots were the BiS for smn now they are worse then the myth. Which means for SMN now 4 out of 6 body pieces Myth are best in slot. Only the belt(debatable) and pants allagan are better. They should have changed the blm boots stats and left the allagan alone.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:51:04 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1672 on: December 15, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »

Guess I'll ask some SCHs how well it works but I doubt the idea would've even come up if it was that high of a chance of a missed silence (and sort of defeats the point of having Selene exist at all)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1673 on: December 16, 2013, 12:07:32 AM »

I stopped caring, both my jobs got huge buffs and the biggest issues I have in game are now solved. Also, beat turn 4 tonight finally.

TASTY!
Chronix112

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: December 16, 2013, 09:22:02 AM »

Guess I'll ask some SCHs how well it works but I doubt the idea would've even come up if it was that high of a chance of a missed silence (and sort of defeats the point of having Selene exist at all)
You still have the speed buffs with selene and it less overhealing. IF sch are the same as other casters, their acc is no where near the no miss coil caster accuracy cap of 435.Not to mention pets not affected by food or party buffs. My sch not counting astral acc has around 320 acc that is a huge chance to miss. If an SMN wants its pet to never miss the cap is 450.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 16, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

I stopped caring, both my jobs got huge buffs and the biggest issues I have in game are now solved. Also, beat turn 4 tonight finally.

Yeah I have to admit, even though people say monk got more, and 'unnecessary' (?) buffs than dragoon... I don't really care. I'm happy with the DRG changes.

I'm still a little sore at the housing costs, but I'm excited for everything else in the patch.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1676 on: December 16, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »

Monk buffs are nice, but the only one that seems kind of cheap is the Greased Lightning buff, all we asked for was an increase in up-time. The other buffs will only be noticeable with Monks that alter their rotations properly. For example, a lot of monks will only use Twin Snakes for their second hit instead of alternating between Twin Snakes and True Strike.

Admittedly, it worked better on mobs that moved around a lot, anyway, but now the increased duration for Twin Snakes will make switching to True Strike a risk worth taking.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 16, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »

Even with the nerf, is it worth picking up pugilist to get the internal release skill? I do like adding to my (DRG's) critical hit rate whenever possible. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: December 16, 2013, 02:42:57 PM »

For a dragoon, I'd say yes, it's not like there are a lot of other worthwhile cross-class skills. (Most DPS cross-class skills worth having come FROM Lancer, after all)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: December 16, 2013, 02:57:21 PM »

Dragoon Cross-class:

Foresight - Maybe
Skull Sunder - No
Featherfoot - Maybe
Fracture - Maybe
Bloodbath - Yes
Second Wind - Yes
Haymaker - No
Internal Release - Yes
Mercy Stroke - Maybe
Mantra - No (it's actually not bad, but unless you plan on leveling MNK... lvl 42 is a PITA)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:04:04 PM by Annubis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: