Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:11:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330102 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 130 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 131911 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1695 on: December 22, 2013, 03:38:58 AM »

also i'm f'ing done with pharos i tried everything as scholar but i just feel it's stacked against me. its like they tested it as white mage and assumed scholars could handle it too.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1696 on: December 22, 2013, 05:07:02 AM »

Did Crystal Tower. It was as frustrating and irritating as I expected it to be. People not listening, people not explaining despite half the party being new, people leaving after the chest they want, people throwing hissy fits despite being terrible players themselves etc. The 4-hour lockout on party boots is sure nice too. All this on top of a time limit.

At most I'll do it once a week and make sure I get a drop even if it's one nobody wants (made out with a healer sash this time since my WHM just hit 50), if even that. I still can't believe SE thought this shit was a good idea. This was supposed to be the major thing of interest in this patch (along with housing) and they just had to ruin it with all kinds of idiotic decisions.

That aside, the dungeon itself is pretty cool-looking (although the layout is just bland, it's just 3 hallways, but that's MMO "dungeons" nowadays) and I'm sure I'd like the boss fights a lot more if I didn't have to deal with people.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:08:44 AM by Hathen » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1697 on: December 22, 2013, 05:17:36 AM »

Did Crystal Tower. It was as frustrating and irritating as I expected it to be. People not listening, people not explaining despite half the party being new, people leaving after the chest they want, people throwing hissy fits despite being terrible players themselves etc. The 4-hour lockout on party boots is sure nice too. All this on top of a time limit.

At most I'll do it once a week and make sure I get a drop even if it's one nobody wants (made out with a healer sash this time since my WHM just hit 50), if even that. I still can't believe SE thought this shit was a good idea. This was supposed to be the major thing of interest in this patch (along with housing) and they just had to ruin it with all kinds of idiotic decisions.

That aside, the dungeon itself is pretty cool-looking (although the layout is just bland, it's just 3 hallways, but that's MMO "dungeons" nowadays) and I'm sure I'd like the boss fights a lot more if I didn't have to deal with people.
Why aren't you online yet?

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1698 on: December 22, 2013, 05:27:41 AM »

too busy avoiding you
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1699 on: December 22, 2013, 05:32:36 AM »

too busy avoiding you
Well now I feel all kinds of special!

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1700 on: December 22, 2013, 08:03:50 AM »

ew....sounds you got one horrible cocktail of fail as A 1st experience. Seems like the best time to get the dungeon done will be the 1st couple of days after loot reset. Everyone will atleast tone down the derp as they actually after loot, and myth. The later half the week....rouletted shotgun blast to the face.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1701 on: December 24, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »

I made a mistake in ending my subscription for this game, back in October.  I had tons of games to catch up on and I didn't want to dedicate my entire time to this, but when do come back (which will be after Summer and on the PS4 version), I'm going to be completely overwhelmed with content, lol.

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 24, 2013, 09:04:35 PM »

While my first CT run was incredibly smooth (not perfect, but still smooth), the second one was a bitch and a ton of us bailed after 4-5 tries on the napalm. First the atomos boss kept glitching (we couldn't damage him even with the right amount of people on the back platform), then after starting the instance over the tanks from each alliance kept arguing over how to defeat the bosses and it turned into a general pissing contest.

And here I thought party finder might be slightly less painful than regular duty finder.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1703 on: December 25, 2013, 02:11:53 AM »

for me duy finder has been surprisingly good.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 25, 2013, 02:50:40 AM »

Duty finder isn't always bad, I had a decent Haukke HM run earlier. But I was really wary of trying it for Crystal Tower so I went for party finder instead. Yeah I think I'll wait for mine/Tenchi's FCs before running it again.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1705 on: December 26, 2013, 01:25:07 PM »

Finished my DoH/DoL, down below~
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:00:16 PM by Hathen » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 26, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »

CT is a mixed bag at best but like anything else, once a couple weeks have gone by people will steamroll it without much chatter. They desperately need to add it to Duty Roulette to encourage more runs later in the week. Overall they could have made it more impactful but the loot lockout and strict party config really makes it a PIA anytime after Tuesday. Ultima HM really could have been much more interesting. Outside of the orbs there's no new mechanics. But for ilevel 80 accessories that can be spammed I guess it's difficulty appropriate. Due to the holidays we haven't been able to coordinate for EX Primals yet but there have been enough people running around with the new relics that I doubt it'll be too bad learning them. I'm really pleased with how the duty roulette and new HM's have turned out. I'm still a little confused as to why they still have AK gear in them when the difficulty is so much harder. Honestly they need to make ilevel 65 gear for them or increase the tome drops to make them worth running outside of roulette. Overall I think this was a much needed content patch that met about 75% of expectations. Housing on Hyperion is still a joke, literally all wards in all 3 locations are still vacant. I just hope our next patch isn't 4 months down the line because it's not even been 3 weeks and folks have already exhausted the content.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 27, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »

I dunno about exhausted. Not for me anyway, haha. I have yet to do Ultima or EX primals and I apparently haven't done CT enough to get gear for my job. I do enjoy the new HM dungeons although I could use a little more Pharos Sirius practice. I haven't run PvP since the day of the patch, and I really want to craft stuff for PvP and housing items to make my FC a little more gil.

I haven't even done Coil yet so I'm not anxious for the next patch.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1708 on: December 27, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »

CT's actually ridiculously easy, you'll run into people who are awful at the game who will wipe the group regardless, it's about as good as it'll ever get the way it is now.

They need to fine-tune the high level roulette so that you don't get stuck in PS and maybe the Hard Modes based on your gear, I'd say maybe average 55 or something.

Making housing items won't make you any money, any FC rich enough to buy a house will have a crafter to make furniture, and on my server rosewood logs and lumber are the exact same price which demonstrates the average intelligence of buyers and sellers.

At least I finished all my stylish costumes, I just to level fishing at some point I guess!

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1709 on: December 28, 2013, 01:11:49 AM »

I dunno about exhausted. Not for me anyway, haha. I have yet to do Ultima or EX primals and I apparently haven't done CT enough to get gear for my job. I do enjoy the new HM dungeons although I could use a little more Pharos Sirius practice. I haven't run PvP since the day of the patch, and I really want to craft stuff for PvP and housing items to make my FC a little more gil.

I haven't even done Coil yet so I'm not anxious for the next patch.
what i think he means is that there are already party finder farming groups out for Titan and Ifrit. That said, Garuda extreme is brutal with the wrong group (you won't even get it to 50% brutal). Got the  castor ring and neck from ultima tonight so I am pretty much done on caster. Now to do it again on bard if i can find a decent Party Finder group with it just being Item level 68
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:21:46 AM by Chronix112 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 130 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: