Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 12:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334849 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 147167 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1710 on: December 29, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »

i now refuse to heal pharos. just not worth it when haukke is easier and much less stressful.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1711 on: December 30, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »

Need one more Flawless Crystal for the CT prereq, each one is taking forever since I didn't participate in the initial rush.

FATE's guys! FATEs are so awesome we should use them for everything!

*sigh*

EDIT: First CT run went *fairly* well. Wiped once on bone dragon, bomb, and behemoth but we got through it. I have to say the Bone Dragon, while not too difficult, is incredibly annoying.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:28:38 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 01, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

I really really love CT when the tanks aren't having an epeen contest. Bone dragon is mostly annoying if people kill the skeletons in the wrong place. I love the last boss and his AoEs... no, that's not sarcasm. The effect looks neat and there's enough little gaps in the AoE that I can dodge all of them really easily even as melee.

I've gotten super lucky lately. I went into CT two days ago hoping the dragoon pants would show up (it was either that or boots, and I wanted to buy the myth boots anyway) and they did on my first try of the week. In an alliance with two other DRG no less. Yesterday I did Duty Roulette and I ticked 'join party in progress' .... and I got a PT on Copperbell HM's last boss. The only reason we wiped at all was because we failed to communicate who was on the crystals. Basically it was 8 minutes of work for 90 myth. Score.

Still have to beat Pharos. We figured out the second boss on our second try so uh. Progress?

Edit: nvm, beat PHaros last night with a pug group. Real smooth run, only two wipes. No one talked in chat, we just did our thing. Took 40-45 min max.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:15:38 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1713 on: January 06, 2014, 04:34:20 PM »

Getting real tired of eyepatches, devs.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 06, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »

How about them allagan masks? They look like a part of a masquerade getup.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1715 on: January 07, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »

Just had the most awesome first run of Pharos Sirius. We have a little trouble with the first boss, none with the second and third, and lose a couple of times on Siren. Last try everything goes to hell with her at about a quarter of her health. We all keep fighting hard but end up with 3 out of 4 party members dead. I'm the only one left alive and have less than 500hp. Siren only has a sliver of health left but there are four adds. In one last desperate attempt I put up Featherfoot and Keen Flurry and focus everything on Siren. I end up bringing her down with what I can only imagine being less than 100 hp left. Mind you nobody actually bothered to give me a commendation for that, but she did give me the lvl 60 MNK belt. And considering I was still wearing a lvl 48 belt, I'll consider that more than an appropriate victory.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1716 on: January 08, 2014, 07:33:06 PM »

I figure I may as well ask: Is the PS3 version any good? I already have a copy, but I don't want to play it if it turns out it sucks and I should've waited for the PS4 version. :(

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 08, 2014, 07:35:47 PM »

It's perfectly fine, it's a bit slower in all aspects than a PC version obviously, and less pretty no doubt. But it's totally playable, I've been doing it for 3.5 months. Besides, the PS4 version is still a few months away and you can transfer onto that version for free when it's out.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1718 on: January 08, 2014, 07:46:45 PM »

I heard the PS3 can become unplayable when the screen gets too busy, such as Garuda's tornadoes, but it also depends on what kind of hard drive you have.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1719 on: January 08, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »

but it also depends on what kind of hard drive you have.

I have a 320 GB Hard Drive that my Slim came with. Will that be good enough? I can't find any info on this...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1720 on: January 08, 2014, 08:05:28 PM »

I have a 320 GB Hard Drive that my Slim came with. Will that be good enough? I can't find any info on this...

I think it's more about having an SSD.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1721 on: January 08, 2014, 08:08:29 PM »

I think it's more about having an SSD.

Oh...I don't have that, and a big one would cost a fortune, I think. It sounds like it might be annoying, but only on some bosses. I guess I'll leave it open as an option for now.

PrismFlux
RPGFan Editor

Destroy the Facade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1722 on: January 08, 2014, 08:55:50 PM »

Played since beta opened on PS3. I do not recommend playing open-world and/or end-game content without an SSD, because it won't be fun. You often won't see objectives/monsters and on rare occasions it can get laggy. Also of note: I pretty much exclusively healed until I quit a while ago.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 08, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »

I've heard having an SSD helps with load times. The only reason I would even swap out is I need a new, bigger HD in my PS3 anyway.

I've never had an issue during Garuda'a tornadoes, but I haven't done extreme mode yet. And I've been doing endgame since late October. My issues come when there's a lot of players and enemies on the screen. Crystal Tower can get hectic, and so can busy FATEs like Svara, Odin etc. But I don't do those often. CT disconnected me three times in one run, but that was more my internet than anything else.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1724 on: January 08, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »

Honestly, given that the PS4 version is just around the corner, I can't recommend the SSD since you can just use that money towards a PS4 instead (You'll get to play the PS4 version for free if you have a PS3 account, but once you convert to PS4 you can't switch back). Unless you play a ton you'll probably be on content that won't tax your PS3 too hard for like the first two months or something (the story, mostly) so feel free to just hop in with what you have.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:46:33 PM by Hathen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: