Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 05:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341083 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 135 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 163591 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1740 on: January 13, 2014, 05:30:17 PM »

Needs more belts and zippers. ;)

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1741 on: January 15, 2014, 12:45:47 AM »

Finally finished Darklight set for my Bard:)  now on to relic. Been having a dreadful time with duty- finder groups lately. Lots of people adjusting to new classes these days, I suspect.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1742 on: January 16, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »

Ok, I've beaten Garuda extreme a few times now, and I've rarely questioned anyone's by the book strategy of kill chirada first, mt tanks suparna and garuda for the duration. But seriously, why not kill Suparna first? I can't find any reason why you'd sit there and let the MT take a spike of 6k damage assuming he has a cooldown up when you could kill his or her second target and let the OT and a melee just beat the crap out of Chirada. It makes no sense and no one gives a reason why not to kill Suparna first. From what I've seen, the only downside to it is the MT gets less props for being able to live. That doesn't mean squat if everyone dies in the process...

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1743 on: January 17, 2014, 01:36:31 AM »

Chirada has less hp
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1744 on: January 17, 2014, 01:59:13 AM »

We kill Suparna first and it's much easier TBH. Both adds have identical HP, depending on how far they are from each other gives them that awful defensive tether. It is MUCH easier on the MT and healers to pick up Garuda and Suparna and have us kill Suparna first and have the OT  hold Chirada for second. Much less chance for the MT to eat an incidental Wicked Wheel. The reason why people like to do Chirada first is two fold (a. It's much easier for the OT to hold threat on one target for balls to the wall DPS vs. two on top of the healing aggro keeping them alive and b. When Garuda jumps she will swap places with Suparna. If they aren't tanked together you can have Garuda on your OT and Suparna and Chirada right on top of each other which will make both of them nearly in invulnerable.

Sorry to hear about everyone's Ultima woes. If you're dying to Ultima (the spell) it's cause your fight is taking too long. It's not % based like NM. If you can burn him fast enough you'll never see the spell. Honestly, the fight isn't that hard, people just have to pay attention and not ignore Ultima while shit is exploding everywhere. He hits like a fucking semi though. Titan EX however is a barrel full of monkey shit. Simple mechanics that require perfect execution from everyone. We've gotten him to about 20% just after Super Bomb and shit just falls apart. Hopefully a couple more hours of practice and he'll fold. Twintania is on hold till we kill all EX Primals.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:05:38 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1745 on: January 17, 2014, 02:18:52 AM »

Finally finished Darklight set for my Bard:)  now on to relic. Been having a dreadful time with duty- finder groups lately. Lots of people adjusting to new classes these days, I suspect.

No, just most players are terribad.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1746 on: January 17, 2014, 12:45:04 PM »

Well, after a lot of looking around, one of my fc buds said that chirada apparently gives a healing buff to suparna which is why chirada goes down first. Someone else said chirada has less hp but I never saw a difference in difficulty taking either down. In fact, usually chirada takes longer mostly because she has some of that defense buff.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1747 on: January 17, 2014, 02:33:28 PM »

First two practice runs of Titan HM today... I am so terrible. I can't get out of the way of weight of the land fast enough, and the bombs just confuse me. I think the only reason the parties I were in didn't hate me or try to kick me was because some of  the others were just as bad and I never ignored the gaols (except sometimes the second one during the heart phase)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 17, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »

Having done quite a bit of Titan HM recently (but never EM), I found that Weight of the Land in the first phase is easy to dodge as melee, as when I'm close to Titan it rarely comes up right around where the tank has him near-ish the edge. During the heart phase, I found it better to ignore the gaol, and during the post-heart, sticking to the outside edges helped in avoiding WotL.

Been leveling marauder more. I have um a lot of level 50 gear + Garuda's Scream for when I get a WAR there.

Also Crystal Tower bingo. https://24.media.tumblr.com/0b1d90c14a31c6f11e73ce9685d8a154/tumblr_mzfyg9C6yj1rq9338o1_1280.png

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1749 on: January 17, 2014, 11:48:44 PM »

Nothing worse than waiting almost half an hour for a daily, then getting right to the end boss only for a server disconnect. FUCK:(

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1750 on: January 18, 2014, 01:01:02 PM »

Dp. Just had to say that all the pop culture references in the quest and Fate names are killer. Just got the 'You have selected Regicide' quest a few days ago and as a Simpsons freak it was a pleasant surprise. Breaking Bud, Roc of Ages and dozens of others are all very clever.  Oh.. and ' Clever Girl'.:P

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 18, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »

You haven't found the SHARKNADO fate yet I see.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1752 on: January 19, 2014, 05:45:11 AM »

"Wake me up before you U'ghomoro" is still the greatest win ever.

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1753 on: January 20, 2014, 05:42:36 PM »

I hate double posting, but I gotta put this in there.

How did we lose the original battle theme for FFXIV only to get what we have now? I just heard it for the first time today, and am deeply offended that someone in tbe hierarchy thought it shouldn't be here. Very distressing.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1754 on: January 20, 2014, 09:36:59 PM »

Which battle theme are you talking about, there was like 8 of them.

I gotta say most of the songs I enjoy in ARR are the 1.0 ones they had left over, like Nemesis, Steel Reason and Rise of the White Raven. Can't really think of many of the new songs I like. Coerthas is pretty nice. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 135 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: