Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 07:50:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334703 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 145331 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: January 20, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »

Which battle theme are you talking about, there was like 8 of them.

I gotta say most of the songs I enjoy in ARR are the 1.0 ones they had left over, like Nemesis, Steel Reason and Rise of the White Raven. Can't really think of many of the new songs I like. Coerthas is pretty nice. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
Nail of the Heavens.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1756 on: January 20, 2014, 09:46:41 PM »

I didn't get very far in 1.0, is the Garuda battle theme the same? That kicks major ass. Some of the new dungeon themes are pretty cool too.

I was *really* angry that the Starlight Celebration theme only played in the very small "event areas" in the towns instead of throughout, that was a favorite of mine from 1.0
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1757 on: January 20, 2014, 11:43:27 PM »

I think ARR's soundtrack is completely fantastic, and better than most of the 1.0 tracks. Most of the 1.0 tracks I like are still in the game. Best of both worlds.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1758 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:27 AM »

I think ARR's soundtrack is completely fantastic, and better than most of the 1.0 tracks. Most of the 1.0 tracks I like are still in the game. Best of both worlds.

i think its soundtrack is garbage compared to FFXI stuff

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: January 21, 2014, 02:12:01 AM »

The music for the area in Thanalan directly outside of Ul'dah and all of the music in Coerthas is my favorite of the 2.0 stuff.  The generic battle theme is okay, with the Coerthas version being my favorite version.  The 2.0 battle themes outside of the generic one are pretty good.

I will say though, that I really miss hearing "On Windy Meadows" while running through La Noscea.  It was easily one of my favorite songs from 1.0.  I also really miss "Quicksand", the best standard battle theme from 1.0.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: January 22, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »

Titan ex down. Only took 6 hours of trying last night, and it was a complete fluke. We had him at 15ish% when one of our scholars ate a landslide out of stupidity. Just killed the gaolers, and our other healer was low on mp so naturally, tumults wiped half the group. I swapped with the other tank who just about died (he walked into a plume as we swapped), and I had like 6k health. Naturally, mountain buster comes and leaves me dwindling at 1500 health,so I pop thrill of battle and after a couple hits holmgang, leaving me at 1 hp and with the healers now both dead, all but 1 DD up, and the boss at <5% health. I blow double inner beasts, berserke and second wind to eat a couple more hits, while the dd (blm) preps a flare. Flare lands, I'm dead, boss has 1%. Blm pops manawall, converts, and readies his next flare while weights appear. Heh heh, he died,but flare landed.

Win.

TASTY!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:16 PM »

There should probably be a universal term for Weight of the Land at this point, but I've heard "weights," "pools," "plumes" and "WOTL." I always know what folks are talking about, I'm just surprised there's still so many different things people  refer to it as.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 22, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »

Mostly, I hear 'WotL' or 'plumes.' Never ever heard 'pools,' and 'plumes' makes me think of Ifrit's plumes more than anything...

WAR unlocked, at 31. Costa del Sol FATEs are fun.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: January 23, 2014, 05:30:49 AM »

There's 2 levequests I did in costa del sol that net me like 10k exp per completion and I could clear each in about a minute. I used that for some cheap exp while waiting on dungeons. It's pretty great for clearing the gap to your next level on jobs.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 23, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »

I accepted all those leves, I just haven't done them yet. I'll probably do them in between FATEs and CT runs. My FC loves them some CT.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: January 24, 2014, 02:26:49 PM »

Beat ifrit ex last night in a df group as my war. Pretty easy once the dumbass healer stopped eating the incredibly telegraphed plumes. At an impass now though, which weapon should I take? Holy lance is trash compared gae bolg zenith, so that's a no. My blm is 43 now, so elder staff is an idea, but idk how hard I wanna rush the rest of it. The most immediate solution is Dual Haken, but with my current gear set, it gives me no bonus...in fact I lose skill speed if I swap out my bravura zenith for it. I would need a bunch of gear that's not very common, like allagan feet, tremor earrings, and some other items in order to benefit from having the haken. Sad times :(

TASTY!
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1766 on: January 24, 2014, 08:03:18 PM »

Finally got my copy and finished downloading the latest update. Still haven't created a character as I'm typing this but I hope to see some RPGFan people online, if there are still out there.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1767 on: January 24, 2014, 09:19:23 PM »

Decent number of us playing, remember to choose either Hyperion, Coeurl or maybe Ultros if you want to run into RPGFan folkses though
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1768 on: January 25, 2014, 02:12:03 AM »

Well, after a lot of looking around, one of my fc buds said that chirada apparently gives a healing buff to suparna which is why chirada goes down first. Someone else said chirada has less hp but I never saw a difference in difficulty taking either down. In fact, usually chirada takes longer mostly because she has some of that defense buff.

False. Even though the tether is a green the only mechanic is that the shorter the tether between Chirada and Suparna the higher their defensive buff. The healing buff was only in HM and a lot of people make assumptions.

1. The tether between Garuda and Suparna gives Garuda an incredible Stoneskin. Killing Suparna removed it and makes Garuda open to attack.

2. The tether between Suparna and Chirada is defensive in nature between both adds ONLY, and does not affect Garuda in any way.

It makes zero difference in which mob dies first in terms of Garuda herself, it just makes things easier/harder on the tanks and healers due to frequency of a single tank eating multiple Wicked Wheel
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:27:39 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1769 on: January 25, 2014, 02:20:08 AM »

In other news:

We finally killed Titan EX this week. Was a nearly flawless kill, only had one DPS down post super bomb. About half of us have finished Ifrit EX with randoms due to low static practice time. Probably won't be flagging the Titan EX fight as "farm" for a little while yet. Ifrit EX is kind of a joke if your group is on point. Picked up the BLM EX since it's BiS. Sadly our official start on Twintania will have to be delayed since one of our static tanks is on his honeymoon. We are going to be opening endgame recruitment for the FC next week if anyone is interested. Application form should be online on Monday. We've got slots for an experienced SCH and SMN for Coil Team 2 and want to widen our player pool for a potential 3rd team.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: