Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:47:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318867 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 85652 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1815 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:17 PM »

Not silencing the debuff is just asking for a wipe. That I can understand being really frustrated with (as well as standing at the center doing nothing, but that's the awful strategy some people are told... I myself had to unlearn that one)

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1816 on: January 29, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »

Hathen, less yappin and more making mah astral ring.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: January 30, 2014, 09:15:32 AM »

No, I know the two attacks. Most of the time I panic when she doesn't show up in the middle and take a while to find where on the edge she is, but there has been at least two occasions where I have been just about 90 degrees from where she is and still gotten hit by it.

Yeah, I've gotten hit by it when trying to dodge it way early. Many times. That's a weird one. I could be 90 degrees off, like you, and I still eat the stupid charge. I've had some pretty bad lag before, but even Titan and Ifrit don't do that to me.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: January 31, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »

Fifth or sixth Ultima HM win last night. He starts to cast Ultima, and starts counting down.... we beat him after the log says '1'.  Never seen it that close.

In the win before that (10 minutes prior), I die to an unlucky run-in with Ifrit. Literally. Someone raises me, but despite plenty of time, I don't get healed before tank purge and.... well. Despite all that, I still got the Ultima striking ring at the end. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: February 01, 2014, 11:53:49 PM »

Lol, I was actually somewhat scared to put up the recruitment info since as always, people take things the wrong way. I'm really suprised and humbled that so many of you came to our defense. I appreciate it more than you know. Actions speak louder than words and the fact that we've made a positive difference for those of you we've played with really hits home. We just want to push endgame content with people who have good attitudes and want to see what the game has to offer. You can call it hardcore, or elitist, I don't really care. We like the game and our crew enough to keep rolling on and doing our best to help each other. But like any MMO people loose interest and we've had to prune the group so we wanted to extend an invitation to those who wanted to be a part of something we feel is special.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1820 on: February 03, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »

Got my MNK to 50, despite it being my fourth 50 battle class I'm considering switching this over as my main instead of Bard because I really enjoy the job. Really love the Fuma armor too (sans the lameass eyepatch), hopefully that vanity gear system comes with 2.2. Not a fan of the Fists of Crags though; Like every other Titan weapon it looks ridiculous.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1821 on: February 03, 2014, 02:52:18 PM »

I've actually begun to think about cancelling my subscription. Just thinking about running more dungeons to reach myth cap again this week sounds incredibly tedious. Or running CT for more Onion gear. I could work on another class, but that's just more running through instanced dungeons or running around between the same six FATEs forever. And it certainly doesn't sound like 2.2 is going to add anything to break up the monotony of it all.

Maybe this just isn't the MMO for me. I started my character over in Guild Wars 2 and I'm falling in love with the game all over again. So yeah, don't know how much longer I'll be playing FFXIV.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1822 on: February 03, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »

I know what you mean. The best part of the dailies is that they significantly cut down on all the weekly grinding necessary to cap out, but even that's kind of bothersome to do. What I most look forward to is tackling coil every week with my group. I still haven't beaten the extreme primals either, but that's mostly because whenever our entire group is together we're usually doing coil and not those.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1823 on: February 03, 2014, 06:23:50 PM »

So I caved on my pld-hating ways and have begun leveling it. I see why so many people hated tanks pre-50, gld holds like no hate until you get Rage of Halone. At least with overpower there was a direct effect of how much hate you pulled with how much damage you did, flash doesn't show it so well which leads to hate loss unless you just spam flash. I'm gonna have to keep my gld gear up to date all the time it seems.

War is now i90. Sadly, though, I'm not using full BiS stuff. I need an allagan ring of fending, war pants, and allagan feet for the optimal gear sets. Still, I make for an OP offtank now, massive crit chances. Plus my dual haken, I easily land all my hits. Oh, and I have a metric fuckton of hp now.

TASTY!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1824 on: February 04, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »

I've actually begun to think about cancelling my subscription. Just thinking about running more dungeons to reach myth cap again this week sounds incredibly tedious. Or running CT for more Onion gear. I could work on another class, but that's just more running through instanced dungeons or running around between the same six FATEs forever. And it certainly doesn't sound like 2.2 is going to add anything to break up the monotony of it all.

Maybe this just isn't the MMO for me. I started my character over in Guild Wars 2 and I'm falling in love with the game all over again. So yeah, don't know how much longer I'll be playing FFXIV.
I know how you feel. I am very quickly becoming one of those do coil, get myth capped/ct item then log out for the week players. Same ole, same ole every week is grating. Adding to the frustration is PFing  farming extremes which is like A random kick to the nuts , with a migraine on the side. Thank goodness i just need to farm Ifrit for 1 drop right now....you would be amazed by how many exp/ multiple win type groups that can't even make it to the last set of nails reliably.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1825 on: February 05, 2014, 03:23:43 AM »

YEEEEE, sure do love the royal vest. Hate the myth robe for WHM, but now I'm delighted.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 05, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »

That robe and the BLM one also from CT are super badass. I like the onion armour, but already having the wyrm gear, which I love the most out of all the DRG options (that or vanilla AF), I'm not even taking it for vanity. I've just been rolling greed on tank gear.

The foestriker's stuff is a neat vanity alternative, though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 07, 2014, 02:57:56 AM »

I'm actually having a bit of fun starting over as an alt. since I had almost all classes capped at the start of 2.0 I never quite got to experience the game at a leisurely pace, so it's been nice. On my main it's basically the Monday Zerg and endgame practice. It's all good though as it gives me time to play the backlog. I'm sure 2.2 will revitalize things. 

Anyway, after like 3 months of fuckarounditis, we finally decided to push Twintania. We got to Phase 3 in the first couple tries. Here's the vid.  http://youtu.be/o9yN_8jskBM

Honestly she's not as bad as I though. I think we'll kill her in less time than it took us to learn Titan EX.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1828 on: February 10, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »

weird glitch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvdN3t6fHkM

my miq'ote alt

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »

Since we're all posting pics! (Not that can you see my character well in that armet *'insert how do dragoons SEE anything' comment here*), Mike and I got our cactuar minions the other day. Took us long enough. =P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: