Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 04:09:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 144606 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1875 on: April 24, 2014, 03:32:01 AM »

13500 myth basically guarantees I will never see those animus weapons. I have absolutely zero desire to grind enough dungeons to own that weapon... which will then allow me to grind more dungeons¿

I will continue to craft glamour prisms like a fiend and make billions of gil while wearing cool hats.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 24, 2014, 10:14:01 AM »

hats with lots of flowers amIrite

patch notes:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/506a135c96590f304f18e8c110b45897e3a016cf

Is this really gonna get people to do PvP again? I doubt it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: April 24, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »

Maybe if they want people to do PvP they should make it a bit more diverse than a single circular room with two walls in it.

As for me, I've got a new computer.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/14016014733_24cae99519_o.jpg
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7350/13996494244_6468335aaf_o.jpg

I'm enjoying it, to say the least.
Shinryu80

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1878 on: April 24, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »

Hey fellas, after listening so many rpgfan podcasts, I finally decided to get FFXIV.  This is the first MMO I've played so any suggestions on servers or rooms would be helpful. I would love to join some kind of guild or party.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1879 on: April 24, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »

Many folks are on Hyperion, and are quite active.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: April 24, 2014, 02:41:15 PM »

Maybe if they want people to do PvP they should make it a bit more diverse than a single circular room with two walls in it.

If they added lots of battlegrounds, gw2 open world siege maps etc, would people want to pvp anyway? Granted I've been down on the idea of mmo pvp for a few years now, but xiv is the last game I'd want to pvp on. It's just so clearly not built with pvp in mind.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1881 on: April 24, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »

Took a shot at turn 6 last night. Got to phase 2 a few times before we repeatedly wiped from devour buffs causing massive damage. Overall easier than twin though, we'll probably nail it in a week.

TASTY!
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: April 26, 2014, 05:53:36 AM »

Kind of surprised they wanted to put novus weapons into 2.25. Did they really think so many people would have animus weapons, what with that tedious atma grind and THEN shelling out 13,500 myth + completing objectives in nine books? I've seen like... maybe 5 animus weapons on Hyperion.I thought the next zodiac upgrade would be in 2.3 and even then I'm not sure I'd have done 7 more books by then. :P

I'm noticing how pretty some of the Second Coil gear is, though. Damnit.

There's ALOT of them running around. I'm on my 4th book after about 2 weeks. It's really not that bad considering how fast you can clear Brayflox for myth (7 min, 50 myth). We've just gotten into the habit of doing it on non-raid nights. Dar is on is 5th so I'm sure he'll be done by the end of next week.

Been a while since I gave an update, our raid schedule kind of stinks right now because of scheduling conflicts and swapping a tank. Going from 4 days a week to one evening a week on progression really stinks.  Anyway, Levi EX and Twintania downed about 2 weeks ago or so. We're "officially" starting FC progression on Turn 6 on Sunday. We're pretty over-geared for the fight already between Levi weapons and Soldiery gear. I am impressed by how much more interesting Second Coil seems to be from videos/guides I've read. Can't wait to start.

I'm also very glad that we have 2 avenues for equipment at endgame as well as 3 paths for weapons. Upgrading soldiery gear via oils as an adjunct to Coil loot will definitely even the playing field. Having Animus/ Tidal /weathered(restored) as the spread before getting High Allagan for weaponry means there's a lot more potential for people being endgame ready sooner. It makes me think we are going to start seeing more situational gear like we did in XI with this horizontal gear spread. Very satisfied with 2.2 so far. Love the fact that crafting artisan stuff isn't a face roll either.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:59:49 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1883 on: April 26, 2014, 05:58:45 AM »

Took a shot at turn 6 last night. Got to phase 2 a few times before we repeatedly wiped from devour buffs causing massive damage. Overall easier than twin though, we'll probably nail it in a week.

Is your Honey target stepping into the briar patch to prevent Devour? It's a Conal vacuum so everyone else just needs to stay out of breath range. It's easier to designate and mark a dark bulb/patch for the honey target to step in. The only time someone should be getting Devoured is to clear Honey during bees in Phase 3.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: April 26, 2014, 12:49:16 PM »

Is your Honey target stepping into the briar patch to prevent Devour? It's a Conal vacuum so everyone else just needs to stay out of breath range. It's easier to designate and mark a dark bulb/patch for the honey target to step in. The only time someone should be getting Devoured is to clear Honey during bees in Phase 3.

They know the procedure, it's mostly been not fucking up the process during the fight. The big problem we had is that whoever got targetted would just run randomly to a patch and generqlly get 2 people devoured from lack of awareness. We changed the devour procedure by putting waypoints up to use as a base location for devour avoidance. It works fairly well assuming people are paying attention to the mark that appears. We get it below 70% health regularly, but by then the briar patches get pretty huge and distract people causing more screw ups. We'll probably clear it by next week if we keep trying though, yesterday was only our second day trying.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 28, 2014, 08:34:06 PM »

I guess the idea of grinding myth in Brayflox just doesn't excite me unless it's with people I know. At the same time I really do enjoy actually doing the book objective themselves, so I should suck it up. Especially if Novus weapons aren't far off. Problem is my FC isn't all that into the myth grind.

Almost got a BLM to 50, and already have some Coil gear for the job. That's also me being cheap and saving my myth for my animus books though.

I still don't have a master crafter book. :(

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: May 02, 2014, 10:02:50 PM »

Just subbed again after a 2-3 month hiatus. Still in Darklight gear:/   Gotta play catch-up.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 03, 2014, 07:33:28 PM »

On the bright side, you can dye darklight gear now!! ;D ....

I totally dyed the casting pants purple but they look dumb with my gear and I really want the allagan ones anyways.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: May 11, 2014, 01:42:38 AM »

It's about 2-3 months after playing FF14: ARR and I'm now almost about to go lvl 50 on all of the mage classes, because those are the real classes! I'm just curious to know what types of stuff there is to do once you reach level 50. I know there are raids that you can do but I'm hoping that you can find more better equipment that you can use on your daily travels.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 11, 2014, 01:12:59 PM »

Raids: Labyrinth of the Ancients (it's super easy), Binding/Second Coil of Bahamut (Second Coil is the hardest thing ingame atm)

Dungeons: there are tons, a few of them are hard-mode versions of story dungeons, which are still pretty neat.

Trials: Hard-mode primals (you do three of these anyway as part of your relic weapon quest), stuff like Chimera and Hydra (also part of the quest), Gilgamesh, Leviathan etc. And then there's extreme-mode versions. :D

Nearly all of them drop gear of all kinds - just pay attention to to the item level, item level goes all the way up to 115 at the moment. And those tomestones of mythology & soldiery can be traded in for equipment too.

You unlock pretty much everything through quests so they'll tell you some of this stuff anyway. First thing you want to start is relic weapon quests if you haven't yet. A lot of this stuff starts in Waking Sands if I recall.

Finished with Turn 2 of Coil forever. Finally got all my tank gear!

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: