Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 07:32:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338135 Posts in 13843 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR, a Thread Reborn  (Read 155639 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: July 10, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »

Maybe it's because I'm not a healer or ranged (and they kite/stone adds and get fireballed by the boss all day long) , but I found turn 7 really easy to learn as melee. We nearly one-shotted it that night too. Turn 8..I still gotta see allagan field.

I like Syrcus Tower. Of course I made the mistake of rolling on a BLM belt. Even though I have a 50 BLM, I wanted to get tank gear first (I don't really need dragoon stuff unless a belt drops). And of course an UAT drops.... :(

NANOMACHINES, SON.
DrGonzo

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1921 on: July 21, 2014, 01:24:20 AM »

I can't be the only one who saw this scene and burst out laughing, am I?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1922 on: July 21, 2014, 05:42:14 AM »

That scene was alright for me. A lot of their physical humor is pretty forced, although the Hildebrand quests are pretty good. I like what they did with Tam-Tara's lore though, it was a snore of a dungeon before. I also did the riddle quest and that was a nice change of pace, although I need to go for the obvious joke and say the quest's ending is as trite as the King described.

I also really like Syrcus Tower. It's still a boring linear dungeon but damn is it beautiful, and the music's nice too.

Hunts are one of the dumbest things they've added to the game and I'm not going to bother.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1923 on: July 21, 2014, 10:47:39 AM »

Every hunt enemy I've killed so far has been if I happened to see them while I'm doing some other activity.  I ran into Naul while mining.  Have no intent to dedicate any focus to it.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1924 on: July 21, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »

Hunts are so half assed right now. I enjoy the actual team effort of finding them, but they managed to just turn them into mini-fates. Way too little hp, way too easy, and WAAAAYYYYYYYYY too many people fighting them. Either make them more like fates in terms of fluctuating difficulty based on player turnout, make multiple of the same target pop in a zone (minus the s rank), or make the harder marks forced pops and add the goddamn alliance function that was promised back in 2.2 and allow a player 1 pop item every week. It's not a perfect system, but this waiting for 400+ people to fight an enemy designed for an 8 player group is nuts, especially since SE hasn't put the marks on priority loading and pretty much anyone on a console gets screwed when too many people arrive. It's unfair and creating an even larger gap in the community.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1925 on: July 21, 2014, 02:00:20 PM »

Parn is basically finding the Hunts the way they were "intended", it's just that ARR's game world is too small and too convenient (teleports everywhere for <500 gil) for it to feel like...well, a hunt, so all it is is the absolute worst parts of FATEs. In a game like ARR what they should really be doing is copying the ZNM or Abyssea NM sort of systems from FFXI. It lets friends play together at their convenience, lets them balance these boss monsters specifically for a certain sized group, and maybe they could even make it like Treasure maps where you have to actually find the damn thing without all the stupid drama hunts have brought to the game.

Really you're a WAR D, so in my opinion you should just be a jerk and Provoke+Holmgang the Hunts whenever someone tries to reset the damn things for the 5th time and enjoy the butthurt. Other than that I'm not going to spend hours running around with a mob doing something that just isn't fun just so I can get a +1 Wizard's Hat.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1926 on: July 21, 2014, 02:30:51 PM »

Hathen, you're slightly mistaken. It's not the resetting that usually pisses people off, no one bothers doing that. It's the twats who start the fights earlier than the shouts mention for an S rank just because they're bored and trolling. I mean, you waited 45 second for people already, why not wait the rest of the damn minute? Furthermore, holmgang probably won't bind the mark anyway, it rarely works on bosses and none of the b ranks are susceptible to stuns (which is usually how I know if they're bindable) so yeah. I'm better off doing tomahawk->unchained->heavy swing->internal release->skull sunder->berserk-> butcher's block and just maintaining hate....EXCEPT I'm way undergeared compared to the masses of hunt spammers and can't outpull people anymore.

Which is another serious misstep on SE's part. I like being able to upgrade my gear through this, I don't think being able to max out from i100 to i110 in a week is something that should be doable. However as a few of our LS buddies can tell you, they managed to nearly cap ilevel already in just 2 short weeks....from generally under i100 levels.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1927 on: July 21, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »

The way hunts are designed, someone will pretty much always get mad. I'm disappointed you can't Holmgang them though. But like I said, they should've just made them poppable and restricted each to once every 24 hours or whatever and it'd cut out all the stupid drama.

As for gearing up too quickly, I don't really think that's a problem. If they want people to be able to cap out their gear in 2 weeks by playing a lot, I say let them. The people who don't play a lot like myself (and some others like probably Oswald etc) still won't be anywhere near that.

Gear shouldn't take forever to obtain in a vertical progression type of game.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1928 on: July 21, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »

Good gear,maybe. But ultimate gear shouldn't be so easily obtained.

TASTY!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1929 on: July 21, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »

Honestly Myth gear was the same ilevel as Allagan before 2.2 so I don't think it's a problem. You still needed to mix and match with High Allagan to min max most likely.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1930 on: July 21, 2014, 03:54:06 PM »

True, but even if you went all myth, it was a weekly cap of 300 myth which was raised to 450. You were getting at best, 1 upgrade a week. Now granted you can only upgrade existinv soldiery pieces in your possession, the original concept was not gonna allow most players to be i110 even anytime soon currently. The addition of syrcus tower made it slightly easier, but this bullshit of having 5 sands of time in a werk is ludicrous. They should limit the sand and oil purchase to one a week. At least this way people aren't in such a rush to murder everything seeing as it's just stockpiling at that point.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1931 on: July 21, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »

To be fair I don't have a class/job over 31 yet, but I have 15 allied seals simply by stumbling across a hunt in action and throwing a shitty heal on someone. When they kill the creature I get seals and tomestones.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1932 on: July 23, 2014, 03:14:24 AM »

got my conquerer
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2968299/

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1933 on: July 26, 2014, 05:12:37 AM »

My group has been running turn 3 of bahamut's second coil for the last 2 weeks, and we've been mostly shitty qt it. Tonight, we got the boss down to 4 fucking percent and wiped because one of the mechanics was completely oblivious to our usual bard and she blew us up. I don't wanna be a dick about it, but she's consistently the cause of us wiping, albeit mostly because she's dealing with difficult mechanics and usually has the worst stability connection wise.

4 fucking percent....

TASTY!
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1934 on: July 28, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »

Unfortunately I'm not going to pay my subscription for awhile. Waaay to many games coming that interest me, and the game has been losing my attention for awhile. If I get the bug I'll pick up a time card again.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: