Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 08:26:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338610 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Watch Dogs or How Yoda Gets to Work.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Watch Dogs or How Yoda Gets to Work.  (Read 1764 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

http://youtu.be/A049QMa5_UM

Man I love the fact that a new IP is taking place in my town.

Make sure you groove to the snappy techno music in the trailer.

LOOKS FUN! I can't wait to change traffic lights, causing ice cream trucks to collide with mail carriers.
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 01:54:17 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this game. I wonder how much roaming one will be able to do? Games like this make me want to wonder around the city finding stupid stuff to do.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »

Brief video of people driving around 'Chicago'

http://youtu.be/V4EqrC-0nkc

When you get downtown, it feels like Chicago but with less buildings, wider roads, and less assholes.

Also...as a lifelong Chicagoan ... I had to laugh at all the inclusion of rolling, hilly, areas.

It looks cool. I wonder if there are legal reasons for avoiding at least taking the main city grid as a template.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 04:46:07 PM »

Watch_Dogs Hacks Into the Ubisoft Record Books -- UbiBlog

---

Watch_Dogs - Privacy Invasion #24 of 30 - Topless Prostitute Playing Russian Roulette (NSFW)

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »

weird how much that looks like my apartment
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:54:21 PM »

So I played it on the PC, and thoroughly did not enjoy it. The hacking isn't very fun or really innovative. The most fun I had was changing the lights and making the cars slam into each other. The driving is pretty terrible. It feels like they didn't know whether to go full on arcade or realistic, so they met somewhere in the middle, and the resulting driving is not very fun. Maybe I just need to put more time in it, but the main character isn't exactly compelling me to go back and finish his story. If you have Gamefly definitely rent this, but overall so far I'd give it 7/10.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 12:29:04 AM »

I got this one too and I'm not very impressed. Actually, I'm not too impressed with these games on either PS4 or XBone. Next gen is so far slightly improved visuals on the same shit. Hope E3 shows some awesome stuff.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 12:34:14 AM »

I heard they scaled back the graffix on this from what they initially showed, but it doesn't look impressive enough for a new console.

I played Infamous Second Son the other day and that's absolutely gorgeous. Especially when you get in big firefights and the other baddies are using their rock power or whatever. That's a great showcase.

Everything to do with Chicago suxxx
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »

inFamous is definitely a good showcase for the differences between PS4 and PS3. Games developed on both won't look as good as a game designed only for the PS4 I would think.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 02:43:28 PM »

Is hard to get excited with big cross-gen games made by Ubisoft knowing how messy their multiplatform games in systems of the same generation usually turned out in the past.

Watch_Dogs definitely didn't benefit from being released on 360 and PS3, and the Xbox One and PS4 versions don't really offer much of that 'next-gen experience' people like to talk so much about... they are at best acceptable for the average consumer.

Either way, Watch_Dogs is pumping out good numbers and a lot of people still seem to be looking foward to The Division. A game (I think) could go through the same noise as Watch_Dogs did before release.

Good thing about all of this is that Ubisoft so far has been making decent stuff with their UbiArt Framework engine, so that's at least something.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »

I fired up LA Noire just to get a gauge of things, and it's funny that LA Noire looks much more polished and impressive in comparison.  I just got my PS4, and Watch Dogs being my first game on it has already made me think "meh" as far as visuals go.  It's not an ugly game by any stretch, but I just expected a lot more.

I'll put Infamous on my plate next, once I finish Watch Dogs.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2014, 08:42:43 PM »

I actually think the new Wolfenstein game is far more impressive. Its a damn good game, and shows you don't need flashy gimmicks to have fun. Its also really pretty during some levels too. I would recommend that one over this one, but both are still just rentals.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2014, 08:50:28 PM »

Is all about Wolfenstein: The New Order and Transistor this month. Hopefully more people gives these two a chance.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »

Keep in mind that development on this started about 5 years ago.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 10:51:29 PM »

I heard on a podcast an interesting description of some of the multiplayer. I guess there are specific missions for mutliplayer, and some of them are purely observational.

So your task is to observe the player, and for these missions they have no idea you're in the game. So the guy in the podcast found the target and the dude was just driving the car, doing donuts in the parking lot. Every time the one player got close to the other the spy would hide somehow.

That level of voyeurism is just insane and I love it. I think there's more to this game than a GTA clone
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: