Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 12:31:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327303 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Confusion
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Confusion  (Read 1366 times)
yuuyuu

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:56:41 PM »

OK I'm probably going to sound like an idiot to you guys, but I have to find this out.  People say that .hack//fragment online offline is not ever coming to the U.S., but others say it is, so which is it? The thing is I need to know because if it definitely isn't  then I'm going to buy the Japanese version of the game and hope that I can play with the people in Japan.
Thanks to every one that answers.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:04:57 PM »

It's not coming here, or at least I'm pretty sure it won't. .hack//G.U. is going to be on sale starting next week on the 25th (same day as PSU), and I don't think .hack interest is high enough over here for it.

Personally, I don't think it's good enough to play as a real online game. They more or less copied PSO, so if I want that kinda experince I'll just play that, or PSU.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:24:39 PM »

Namco Bandai told us at E3 that fragment was not coming stateside.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 11:30:20 PM »

What John says is true. For your source:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1238.html

They were very up-front with us in saying they had no intention of bringing it to the U.S.

And if THEY don't plan on bringing it, I doubt anyone else will. I doubt they'd be allowed to if they wanted to anyway.

I'm told it's a mediocre game anyway, so just be glad we're getting GU (which looks MUCH better).

Ramza

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 11:36:02 PM »

Actually, from all I'm hearing it sounds like //G.U., at least in the gameplay/pacing department, isn't really all that hot either. I'll take a look eventually, but most likely when they're 20 or 30. I'm tired of this "Run in and pick up ASAP' crap on games that last 20 hours and, while decent, really aren't all that great.
yuuyuu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 12:09:49 AM »

A friend of mine ordered .hack//fragment online offline from Japan so it's my tern I suppose(I'm glade I know some Japanese).I also per- ordered .hack//G.U.  I only have to pay 10.00$ and it's mine.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 05:50:38 AM »

If the import reviews I've seen for it are any indication - believe me, you're not missing much.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: