Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 02:41:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330093 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Shadows of the Eternal (successor to Eternal Darkness)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shadows of the Eternal (successor to Eternal Darkness)  (Read 1364 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/03/crowdfunded-successor-to-eternal-darkness-shadow-of-the-eternals-appears/

Don't know if they'll get the sanity meter intact, but they got Dyack back.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:41:07 PM »

I want to be optimistic about this because ED is one of my favorite games. But then I remember everything SK made in their last... what, 10 years?... was awful and that they're historically pretty atrocious with money. Hmm.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:10:11 PM »

Eternal Darkness successor Shadow of the Eternals announced -- Source: Gematsu

"When Detective Paul Becker is called to one of the bloodiest gang massacres in Louisiana state history, only two survivors remain from a brutal conflict between two rival cults. As Becker begins his interrogations of the suspects, their combined recollections will uncover the truth about the 'Ancients'.

Shadow of the Ancients is a sequel to the critically acclaimed Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Reqiuem. Featuring an ensemble cast of heroes and villains, the game will span over 2500 years of history throughout Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States. Players will question the perception of reality as they try to balance the mechanics of combat, magick, and sanity events to progress through the adventure.

Shadow of the Ancients will take players on a memorable journey throughout time; weaving historical fact with disturbing fiction to create an experience unlike any other."

The story sure seems to begin a bit like the one in The Devil Within.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »

I want to be optimistic about this because ED is one of my favorite games. But then I remember everything SK made in their last... what, 10 years?... was awful and that they're historically pretty atrocious with money. Hmm.

Combine that with the completely fucked up situation recently and yeah, I'd trust someone else more to do a successor, spiritual or otherwise.

(What if that's what Retro's working on?)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 03:45:47 AM »

crowd funded? why not just say kick starter? im interested but a tad weary of it being episodic.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:03 AM »

It's not a kickstarter because they're Canadian based.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:48:23 PM »

why would that even matter...

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08:40 AM »

kickstarter is US only.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 06:34:52 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/04/shadow-of-the-eternals-kickstarter-campaign-closes-will-be-re-launched-later/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

In other words, "we couldn't get enough so we're going to retool our  campaign, make Dyack less visible, and cut the goal in half."

Also, some nice hollow PR-speak:

"Since we announced this Kickstarter campaign we have seen more support from our community than we had ever hoped for," Precursor Games wrote in a notice on the Shadow of the Eternals Kickstarter page.

Really? More support than you hoped for? It looked like you were hoping for $1million+ worth of support, so actually it seems like you've seen LESS support than you hoped for. Unless of course your goal all along was to set a ridiculously high campaign funding goal so you could see how much you could squeeze everyone for, and then relaunch it later with that goal in mind. Or, you know, cheat the time limit on Kickstarter.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:36:42 PM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:54:19 PM »

Welp. Guess I should've seen this coming.

Maybe next time they can get a director who knows what they're doing to sign on. :/

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: