Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:11:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Silver Surfer Gets a Movie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Silver Surfer Gets a Movie  (Read 3170 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie.aspx?m=2058746

The tremendous Silver Surfer fanboy in me is excited as all hell but was extremely skeptical until I watched the trailer. I'm still skeptical, but it looks pretty badass at the same time. I was surprisingly pleased to see they are staying true to the Surfer's origin story in the Fantastic Four comics.

Only time will tell, but the trailer has made me hopeful.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »

Rad!

Surfer ftw.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »

If this doesn't have Galactus too, then fuck it.  And since the first FF film seemed to borrow a lot from the Ultimate timeline, I'm afraid it won't.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:58:24 PM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
If this doesn't have Galactus too, then fuck it.  And since the first FF film seemed to borrow a lot from the Ultimate timeline, I'm afraid it won't.

Has the Silver Surfer appeared in the Ultimate Fantastic Four series then? I haven't been following it so I don't know, but it is hard for me to imagine the Silver Surfer without Galactus.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 11:14:06 PM »

The Ultimate versions of those two are way different from standard canon.  Galactus wasn't Galactus as such, but a colony of massive robotic drones that had to consume planet cores in order to power themselves that was called some strange phonetic derivative of Galactus.  There were several different Silver Surfers, but I don't recall what role they played in things.

The Ultimate line isn't bad at all...except for all things involving the Fantastic Four.  Like the first FF movie, Dr. Doom "grows" his own armor, so to speak.  Unlike the first movie, they give him fucking satyr legs.  What the fuck.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 11:29:37 PM »

Wow, that's fucked up.

But judging from the trailer description on iTunes, I'd say we don't have anything to worry about:

Marvel's first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer.
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 03:16:22 AM »

Quote from: "The Darkrider"
There were several different Silver Surfers, but I don't recall what role they played in things.

They basically started a number of suicide cults to cull down the Earth's population in preparation for the arrival of Gah Lak Tus.

I liked the Gah Lak Tus trilogy, personally; it was a nice, different take on the whole "Galactus" thing.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 12:38:50 AM »

Forget that he has a movie.

He has chromeplated nuts.

His metallic package? Yes, it's in the movie.

ElectronicMister

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 12:27:49 PM »

I'm loving how he's as badass as he should be, totally kicking torch's ass in the trailer.

My hat is
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »

Quote from: "Dave"
Forget that he has a movie.

He has chromeplated nuts.

His metallic package? Yes, it's in the movie.

HAHA!

Dude, that's awesome. I was kind of wondering where his metal spandex went in the trailer. Guess that's my answer.
Bluehaze

l3lu3haz3
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »

Oh yeah, I heard about the Silver Surfer being the F4 villian/antagonist for their next movie, what really turned me off though was how he was supposed to be entirely computer generated.  I guess I'm still able to tell the difference between CGI and non-CGI effects pretty well [still] and until the day comes where I can no longer tell the difference, I feel like they shouldn't be trying to put it off that we are already at that point, when we really aren't at all...Mmm, I'll probably still see it though, Silver Surfer's badass regardless lol, preview was cool : )

Proud member of the SFA.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 06:28:45 PM »

Old topic rez.

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/2007/04/18/galactus-is-a-cloud/

Well Darkypoo.....your wish is granted....albiet fucked in the ass.

In other news...Laurence Fishburn? OKAY!

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »

Well, maybe it is borrowing from the Ultimate version.  Galactus = big fucking nanomachine swarm in that version.  Big faggot in purple wouldn't translate into film nearly as well as that does.

I still have hope for this film...well, as much as I always did, which isn't much. :P

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 08:33:53 PM »

Well poop, I guess that answers my question about Galactus. Oh well, I'm still going to go see it for the Silver Surfer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: