Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 09:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338414 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  I AM...Iron Man?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I AM...Iron Man?  (Read 2374 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2007, 07:19:30 PM »

Huh.

I'm quite surprised this movie contains that little homage to the original Iron Man suit.  I thought for sure it'd go straight for the red and yellow version everybody knows and loves.  It's cool.  I gotta tell you though, even though I still think he's a good choice for the role, I can't picture Robert Downey, Jr. blasting the fuck out of things while wearing that. :P

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »

OH MY GOD FIX THE FUCKING HELMET.

Looks like fuckin Man in the Iron Mask bullshit.

Otherwise GG.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »

Eeek.

That's not Iron Man. It's the Iron Giant.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 08:30:33 PM »

I like it.  It looks iron-y.  I don't know if the red and yellow would translate too well on-screen as well as it does in bright-and-flashy comics.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 09:33:39 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I like it.  It looks iron-y.  I don't know if the red and yellow would translate too well on-screen as well as it does in bright-and-flashy comics.

I think it'll translate about as well as Spider-Man's suit...pretty well, if done properly.
Which, of course, it probably will; they handled the Mark-1 suit well enough and they're definitely planning on giving him the "classic" armor at one point or another in the flick...

I, for once, actually have faith.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

Come on people. Don't you recognize his original test suit? The one he had for one story? You people suck at comic history.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 01:34:55 AM »

What's Robocop doing on my intrawebs?

[/url]
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »

Quote from: "CastNuri"
Eeek.

Yeah, that's very much Iron Man.
That's essentially what he looked like in his first few appearances. Later on, he painted the suit gold...but it had the same overall look. It wasn't until much later that he started using the suits now recognized as what Iron Man should look like.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:43:23 PM »

Quote from: "Chimpbot"
Eeek.

That's essentially what he looked like in his first few appearances. Later on, he painted the suit gold...but it had the same overall look. It wasn't until much later that he started using the suits now recognized as what Iron Man should look like.

Actually it was only one issue that he used the generic iron suit. Issue #39 of "Tales of Suspense". In issue 40 he went to the same style of suit, but it was gold in color. He wore that suit for a few more issues and I believe it was 48 or 49 where he went to the current color combination, with a sleeker look.

Knowledge is power!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 06:25:12 PM »

http://geeksofdoom.com/2007/04/29/iron-man-will-have-red-and-gold-suit/

Wait...Jon Favreau is directing this!?!?!? AWESOME!

Oh and thumbs up to the Red and Gold suit.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 04:59:56 AM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Quote from: "Chimpbot"
Eeek.

Actually it was only one issue that he used the generic iron suit. Issue #39 of "Tales of Suspense". In issue 40 he went to the same style of suit, but it was gold in color. He wore that suit for a few more issues and I believe it was 48 or 49 where he went to the current color combination, with a sleeker look.

Knowledge is power!

Hooray for the history of Marvel superheroes. :P

Seriously though, I'm glad he's going red and gold. I don't read Iron Man or much of Marvel, but the colourless suit doesn't appeal to me much.

If he uses it in the film as his first prototype, I hope it looks better there than it does by itself.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 08:20:55 PM »

That's what Iron Man will look like.

Click Me
Tria
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 07:41:46 PM »

The movie is supposedly going to be like Batman Begins, where he starts out with all of his clunky stuff, but eventually builds up to the stuff he is known for.

But I don't like Iron Man, so I don't care.  I'm more worried about The Dark Knight, and wondering if Bryan Singer can actually make the next Superman movie good.

Currently Playing (Console) - Star Ocean: The Second Story, Rogue Galaxy, Oblivion (PS3), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (PS3)

Currently Playing (Handheld) - Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man ZX

Currenty Playing (PC) - Nothing...Ever
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: