Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319161 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Death Note
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Death Note  (Read 3356 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »

I caught the new episode, and I love how they manage to make the anime look dark and morbid even in the daytime.

For those who have already read the manga:
Code:
I think this marks the beginning of Light's downfall as Kira. Before, we could somewhat empathize with him wanting to rid the world of villains and creating a paradise, althrough his dream of it is twisted and warped. But as soon as he starts going after the good people - Ray and L and everyone else - we stop seeing him as the hero and start seeing him as a villain.

Ray Penbar is especially crucial to this because not only was Ray the first good person he murdered, but if it hadn't been for his killing of Ray, Light would never have been exposed to L and L never would've been suspicious of him. If he had ignored everyone trying to find him and just kept killing criminals, he would've been fine. But overstepping that line ultimately caused his destruction.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 03:05:18 PM »

Just finished watching episode 27, and the show certainly has taken a turn for the worse lately.

Code:

I am, of course, talking about the death of L. At that point in the story it was really the only twist that could prevent DN from standing in place for ever. Something HAD to happen, or everything would just be back at the same place as before the Yotsuba arc. Still, with the death of L the most interesting character in the entire show has been removed. Maybe Near and Mello will prove sufficient substitutes, but from the little seen of them in episode 27 I doubt it.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 07:25:12 AM »

Code:
Maybe Near and Mello will prove sufficient substitutes,

Code:
They're really crappy replacements. It should have ended with L dying. Or him winning instead. Or dying AND winning somehow or another. Whatever, Mello and Near suck and things start to drag on besides afterwords. Still, without spoiling it the ending delivers and it's worth sticking around for.

Oh and everyone needs to see this- http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=233
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »

Haha.. awesome strip.

Code:
I got bored with the manga after L was killed and neither Mello or Near are as interesting as L was. Personally, I know the 2nd Death Note movie is loosely based on the manga but I prefer the way L responds to obtaining the Death Note a lot better than the manga and anime.

I really want that Medicom figure of L. http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-332
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 07:06:16 PM »

I loved the way the manga started, but by the time volume four was released it was getting kind of old. By the time of the above mentioned plot twist (which occurs in volume seven), I was pretty fed up with it. I guess I might check out the first few episodes, but I'm not all that interested.

Code:
I was terribly disappointed by the death of L, and stopped reading there.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: