Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:37:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Saints Row 4 - Wub Wub Wub
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Saints Row 4 - Wub Wub Wub  (Read 1638 times)
natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »

I still have yet to even play The 3rd... Gotta catch up!

Did you buy 3rd already? If not, you should jump on this:  https://www.humblebundle.com/

Appreciate the heads up. Didn't see your post until now. I ended up snagging a new copy from Amazon for $22 last week.

Lovin' it so far. Tons of fun. I don't think it's crappy at all compared to the 2nd, as popular opinion seems to be indicating here. I am enjoying "the Third" just as much as I did that one. However, I am coming fresh off of finally finishing GTA IV, so that could be why it seems so great (lol). The 4th game sounds like a hell of a lot of fun already, but I have plenty of back log in the meantime to take up my time while the price goes down.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »

Game is amazing.  The music selection is excellent.  It does an excellent job of making fun of Mass Effect.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

SR2 is damn good despite the shoddy pc port. If you thought Dark Souls was bad you've seen nothing.

.....wub?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMAbpoolm_s

Getting mine after work today.

How is the game? Is the Boss able to fly all over the place a la Vanguard?

You get superpowers at a certain point in the game, starting with two: a really, really fast run and a super jump. There's more but I haven't unlocked them yet, and you can upgrade them too to be faster/higher/whatever. It's so much fun.

Plus there's the fact that you're the President fighting off an alien invasion. And it's laden with shoutouts to other games (yes, Mass Effect included) and of course the past Saints Rows.

As Parn said, great music. I died laughing when Aerosmith played early on.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:14:46 PM »

Dubstep gun is the best weapon ever.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 07:11:18 PM »

AUUUGHH How do I get my SR3 character into SR4. I've signed up on the website, I've downloaded the Inauguration Station, but it doesn't let me on! Why is this so complicated? Why can't the system just look at the old data?!

I'm about to say screw it and just try remaking my guy. Like I always do. Damn it, Volition.

BTW I caved an bought it. I am so weak. :<
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 07:41:47 PM »

I couldn't get it to work on my PS3, so I just remade from scratch.  I just loaded up Third, took cellphone shots of the customization values, then went from there.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »

Speaking of customization, this is pretty freaking awesome.

http://www.giantbomb.com/saints-row-iv/3030-36884/forums/giantbomb-in-sr4-1447892/?page=1#js-message-6824398
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »

I couldn't get it to work on my PS3, so I just remade from scratch.  I just loaded up Third, took cellphone shots of the customization values, then went from there.

Yeah, now I'm just writing down my customization stats in a notebook. Fuck it. lol
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 04:35:49 AM »

SR5 should have geo-modding.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »

I couldn't import my SR3 girl either. Recreated her in the inauguration station a couple weeks ago so I wouldn't have to do it when SRIV came out and it took me a good hour or two.

'Does this thing have a radio?'
'Well radio signals just bounce off the-'
'QUIET! This. Is. Haddaway.'
*What Is Love? starts playing while you're flying a spaceship shooting things and doing barrel rolls*

ALSO I GOT MY DUBSTEP GUN YESSSS
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:40:32 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »

The Wardens are throwing me off. I'm not used to having to use strategy in these games. XD
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 11:48:27 PM »

I didn't even know importing was an option, I just recreated from scratch. Renting via Redbox by the way, was a bit of a shock going from the performance and graphic quality of PC SR3 to the PS3 version of SR4, but I've mostly gotten over it now. Definitely addicting to go after all the missions and collectibles!
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »

You get superpowers at a certain point in the game, starting with two: a really, really fast run and a super jump. There's more but I haven't unlocked them yet, and you can upgrade them too to be faster/higher/whatever. It's so much fun.

Plus there's the fact that you're the President fighting off an alien invasion. And it's laden with shoutouts to other games (yes, Mass Effect included) and of course the past Saints Rows.

Nice! Gonna wait a bit though, maybe it shows up in sale or something. Can't wait to meet SR2 Shaundi again.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 11:16:42 PM »

Nice! Gonna wait a bit though, maybe it shows up in sale or something. Can't wait to meet SR2 Shaundi again.

Same, looks awesome but gonna hold off for a bit.  Have more than enough to play right now that it's hard to pay attention to just what I have.  The super power collecting thing sounds awesome - probably something I'd just dive in and get whatever I could asap haha

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 01:44:32 AM »

Oh god. The "Nobody Loves Me" store has freaking Super Saiyan hair you can buy as a hat. That's awesome. XD
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: