Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 02:36:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341068 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 36827 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: May 25, 2013, 02:32:03 AM »

I was speaking with a friend of mine recently regarding this xbone fiasco, and he said something that put this whole thing in massive perspective for me.

"I'm an xbox fan, I'm gonna buy it anyway".

He's in the larger percentage of gamers who simply follow a brandname and a trend. It's why the 360 did so well even though they fucking died 1 in 3 times. They don't care what terrible shit it forces onto us, or what kind of power they give manufacturers and publishers by saying things like that. His friends are gonna buy it, so he is also gonna buy it. Always online? Fine, I'm always online anyway. Charging for used games? Don't buy used anyway. I asked him " How the hell do these things not completely piss you off as a consumer? They're telling you how you can use your stuff basically. Don't you care about what you're losing by supporting this?"

"Nah man, I just wanna play that call of duty with my boys".

This....is why MS can and will get away with this shit. This is why Robert Kotick got away with being a major dick regarding infinity ward. This is why EA has been voted worst company 2 times in a row....because people are content with being stupid...as long as their buddies are being stupid as well.

I think I need new friends.

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: May 25, 2013, 02:52:30 AM »

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2013, 03:24:08 AM »

Please slap him for me.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:41:57 PM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2013, 03:33:26 AM »

I was speaking with a friend of mine recently regarding this xbone fiasco, and he said something that put this whole thing in massive perspective for me.

He's in the larger percentage of gamers who simply follow a brandname and a trend. It's why the 360 did so well even though they fucking died 1 in 3 times. They don't care what terrible shit it forces onto us, or what kind of power they give manufacturers and publishers by saying things like that. His friends are gonna buy it, so he is also gonna buy it. Always online? Fine, I'm always online anyway. Charging for used games? Don't buy used anyway. I asked him " How the hell do these things not completely piss you off as a consumer? They're telling you how you can use your stuff basically. Don't you care about what you're losing by supporting this?"

This....is why MS can and will get away with this shit. This is why Robert Kotick got away with being a major dick regarding infinity ward. This is why EA has been voted worst company 2 times in a row....because people are content with being stupid...as long as their buddies are being stupid as well.

I think I need new friends.
Sad but so true...le sigh
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: May 25, 2013, 04:12:05 AM »

i work with people like that....and guess what? they all play CoD on ps3 because the online is free.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2013, 05:05:36 AM »

i work with people like that....and guess what? they all play CoD on ps3 because the online is free.

But...what about their boys?!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2013, 06:14:56 AM »

To think that Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare came out 7 years ago and started this shit show really is amazing.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »

I think Microsoft knows all this. I think they realize quite well that the core gamers and niche gamers aren't going to put up with what they're trying to pull with the anti-consumer BS. That's why their presentation was entirely focused around the "bro" gamer. Here's some sports and Call of Duty, which is the only reason you're sticking with XBox anyway, so whatever.

Frankly, I say who cares. I doubt Microsoft's anti-consumer policies are going to start becoming market trends except with maybe EA and Activision. So let them take advantage of their customers, just don't get caught up in their nonsense. Microsoft seems to be gambling on the thought that the "bro" gamer and "gotta have everything" gamer demographics will be enough to carry them. I say we let them take that bet.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »

Here's another group of people who probably can't use the Xbox One - People with small rooms.

When the Kinect first came out, I was interested in it, but I heard the system would freak out and be useless if you used it in an apartment or a place that was small. Since I lived in a 600 square foot apartment, I never got one. I heard they came out with accessories that made it work in smaller spaces, but they were iffy. They'd really have to improve the kinect as a whole to work in ANY room or there's gonna be a lot of people who can't buy this system.

My friend and I also discussed how REDUNDANT all of this TV bullshit is. Really, my directtv box? Has apps. My PS3? Apps. My TV? Apps. My 50 dollar goddamn roku box? Is all about apps.  Everything now comes with apps that when companies push systems that are more multimedia (and not game) based, it's like, "What's the goddamn point? My TV does that already."

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2013, 12:18:20 PM »

Speaking of redundant TV bullshit.

http://www.inquisitr.com/674962/xbox-one-microsoft-files-patent-for-tv-achievements/

Gotta get those 'chievos.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »

Amazing!

source
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:45:15 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »

Here's another group of people who probably can't use the Xbox One - People with small rooms.

When the Kinect first came out, I was interested in it, but I heard the system would freak out and be useless if you used it in an apartment or a place that was small. Since I lived in a 600 square foot apartment, I never got one. I heard they came out with accessories that made it work in smaller spaces, but they were iffy. They'd really have to improve the kinect as a whole to work in ANY room or there's gonna be a lot of people who can't buy this system.

Well to be fair, Kinect 2 is supposedly much better in that regard (though it's not like anyone outside of MS has gone hands on with it...).  They're promising it will work within 2ft or something.

My friend and I also discussed how REDUNDANT all of this TV bullshit is. Really, my directtv box? Has apps. My PS3? Apps. My TV? Apps. My 50 dollar goddamn roku box? Is all about apps.  Everything now comes with apps that when companies push systems that are more multimedia (and not game) based, it's like, "What's the goddamn point? My TV does that already."

Yeah, exactly.  Who is going to pay $400 for a device to do something they can probably already do with the devices they have...

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »

Katie Ujihisa ‏@sandkatt 1h
JP tech journalist comments JP game media weren't invited to XboxOne event. Some used own money/connections but were all refused entrance.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »

Hope they at least enjoyed a trip to Washington because what the hell. Could've at least let them in or something, I wonder if other international journalists had the same issues?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »

Microsoft Blames Gaming Media For Xbox One Consumer Rage? -- CinemaBlend

Microsoft Digs Bigger Hole Over Used Games -- Giant Bomb
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: