Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 06:29:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341139 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 36985 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2013, 03:10:09 AM »

In any case, region locking isn't the greatest evil ever. I'm not against it, but I'm not for it either. I buy US games, so it doesn't bug me. For you people who can read and understand multiple languages, I do feel some level of sympathy for you.

That being said now, Xbone sucks, let's continue bitching about it.

TASTY!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2013, 03:17:55 AM »

Let's pronounced the X in Xbone the same way they pronounce the X in Xblade in Kingdom Hearts.

THE KEYBONE

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2013, 03:28:20 AM »

What's so bad about region-free systems?

Example, Elite Beat Agents would never have existed if DS owners didn't fall in love with Ouendan.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2013, 08:15:50 AM »

Let's pronounced the X in Xbone the same way they pronounce the X in Xblade in Kingdom Hearts.

THE KEYBONE

Lmao, this, a million times this.
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »

Why not "cross" like Namco X Capcom.

CROSS-BONE
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: May 27, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »

Rumor: Sony has used game 'solution' for PlayStation 4, might cancel plans following Xbox One backlash -- Source: Gematsu

"Sony was preparing a used games DRM for PlayStation 4, but might cancel those plans following the reaction to this week's Xbox One announcement, the latest internet rumors suggest."

What's so bad about region-free systems?

Example, Elite Beat Agents would never have existed if DS owners didn't fall in love with Ouendan.

The more region-free systems the better. If people don't know other languages that's their business.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »

Rumor: Sony has used game 'solution' for PlayStation 4, might cancel plans following Xbox One backlash -- Source: Gematsu

"Sony was preparing a used games DRM for PlayStation 4, but might cancel those plans following the reaction to this week's Xbox One announcement, the latest internet rumors suggest."

Womp wooomp.
Quite frankly, it might be tougher for game stores to thrive as they do if they get rid of used sales.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: May 27, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »

Jimquisition: When the starscreams kill used games -- The Escapist
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: May 27, 2013, 04:41:10 PM »

Did anyone actually expect the Xbone to be region-free?

Not sure if that even matters at this point given the fact that they don't seem to care about the Japanese market at all (and Japan not caring about them). It probably wouldn't change much for Americans even if it was region free.  Probably will screw Europeans a lot more though.

Fake, but I still love this:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:21:23 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: May 27, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »

Fake, but I still love this:

OK, that had me laughing out loud for real.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: May 28, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »

In Theory: Can the Xbox One cloud transform next-gen gaming?

"For cross-platform titles running on PS4 and PC, there's the question of the economic sense in developing Xbox One specific cloud-based augmentations rather than using the same cross-platform algorithms toned down for the Xbox's less powerful GPU. This places Microsoft in a conundrum - if the cloud is unavailable to its rivals, it is unlikely to be used in third-party games and the Xbox One is unlikely to benefit outside of a few exclusives. If Microsoft does extend its cloud service to other platforms, it loses the computing advantage claimed for Xbox One.

What's obvious at this point is that the concept of cloud computing looks uncertain and unlikely, and Microsoft needs to prove its claims with actual software. Yet based on what we've been told, the firm itself isn't sure of what uses to put it to, while the limitations of latency and bandwidth severely impede the benefits of all that computing power. Frequent references to Live and multiplayer gaming suggest a less exciting, though certainly valuable, use for Microsoft's new servers in providing better, conventional, multiplayer experiences. More players, adaptive achievements and intelligent worlds all sound great in theory, but we're certainly not seeing the notional results of a four-fold increase in Xbox One's processing power.

Microsoft needs to prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations. Until then, it's perhaps best not to get too carried away with the idea of a super-powered console, and there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by 'the power of the cloud'."

Sony execs respond to #PS4NoDRM online campaign

"Sony employees have acknowledged a campaign aimed at convincing the company not to restrict used PlayStation 4 games."

[...]

"Sony has yet to mention the campaign officially, however, and there's been no word from its top target - Shuhei Yoshida, president of SCE Worldwide Studios.

"Used games can play on PS4," Yoshida told Eurogamer in February, back at the PlayStation 4 unveiling.

But Sony's position on the matter has become less clear in the wake of Microsoft's confused attempts to explain the issue. Used games can play on Xbox One, too, although with restrictions."

Source: Eurogamer
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: May 28, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »

This is going to remain a clusterfuck until E3 (and hell it'll probably stay a clusterfuck until the product hits store shelves or is pulled off of life support).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2013, 06:42:02 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/28/call-of-duty-ghosts-new-engine-still-iterative-not-built-from/

"I know we said our engine was new but it's not but it is!"

If I take the engine out of my car, along with the body, and replace every other part, I STILL CAN'T SELL IT AS A NEW FUCKING CAR.

Activision and Microsoft both know full well that most people will just watch the press conference, and not hear about some dev admitting a lie. Therefore, they get to say "WE WERE HONEST" while still ensuring the vast majority of people are misinformed.

Where was that politician analogy I was using earlier?

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »

Microsoft Studios corporate vice-president Phil Spencer: "If all you want is gaming, you'll still pick us." -- Official Xbox Magazine UK

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2013, 07:49:22 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/28/call-of-duty-ghosts-new-engine-still-iterative-not-built-from/

"I know we said our engine was new but it's not but it is!"

If I take the engine out of my car, along with the body, and replace every other part, I STILL CAN'T SELL IT AS A NEW FUCKING CAR.

Activision and Microsoft both know full well that most people will just watch the press conference, and not hear about some dev admitting a lie. Therefore, they get to say "WE WERE HONEST" while still ensuring the vast majority of people are misinformed.

Where was that politician analogy I was using earlier?

Let's be fair, here, most engines are iterative.  What version of Unreal are we on now?  Do you think they rewrote that from scratch? 

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: