Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:22:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334691 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 32342 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:25:46 AM »

#XboxReveal

"Major Nelson has posted a countdown to the event on his blog. He also states that the event will be about the "vision for Xbox," while E3 (a scant 19 days later) will be the showcase for the "full lineup of blockbuster games."  -- Source: Game Informer
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:40:23 AM »

I'm less interested in the stats of the new box as I am by what name did they choose.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »

I remember console reveals when I was a kid. Such a period of hope and excitement that'd last years from initial pictures and specs to me playing it. Now I'm curious as to what crap will be on it that I don't like and will piss me off.

I like what I see from PS4, maybe the new xbox will be cool too. I'm least crazy about the ideas of mandatory kinect or ps-cams.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 12:58:29 AM »

^I'm only here for the GIFs.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »

I'm in it to see what kind of Frankenstein monstrosity they crank out before the inevitable slim-jim version fixes whatever issues the original will inevitably have.

At least it shouldn't be as bad as the original 360 and its RRODs (as that fucker was slapped together with the intent to beat out Sony's PS3 to the market).

Additionally, Kinect will still be sold separately.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 12:45:03 PM »

^I'm only here for the GIFs.

Anything using half-baked can't be bad. New xbox will be awesome for this gif alone.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »

I'm happy not buying any console to the race is somewhat decided.  I look at Wii U owners posting on the Nets begging/hoping for newly announced titles to come to the WiiU.

I'm am optimistic for the WiiU...mainly because who the fuck is seeing the money and sales besides a core few companies to develop on something as massive and capable as the PS4/NextBox

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 05:46:17 PM »

I'm am optimistic for the WiiU...mainly because who the fuck is seeing the money and sales besides a core few companies to develop on something as massive and capable as the PS4/NextBox

I remember when the 3DS was doing badly and we thought it wouldn't end well and look at it now.  I love mine.  WiiU may do the same.

I remember console reveals when I was a kid. Such a period of hope and excitement that'd last years from initial pictures and specs to me playing it. Now I'm curious as to what crap will be on it that I don't like and will piss me off.

Haha this is me 100%.  I like the stuff about the PS4 as well so far.  If the next Xbox changes how Xbox Live works, I may come back around.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »

I really want to get the Wii U just for virtual console. I love the list of games on the Wii Prime but the Wii U needs some serious work. I hear bad things about the way that machine works.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »

I remember when the 3DS was doing badly and we thought it wouldn't end well and look at it now.  I love mine.  WiiU may do the same..

Pretty much this.

Generally speaking I tend to assume that every console needs about one year of grace time to build up a versatile library of titles before I decide to get it or not. The WiiU is currently in that phase, the 3DS has just left that phase, and the latest & greatest Xbox/Playstation are both going to need at least that much if not more due to the jump in tech.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 01:51:56 AM »

The Final Bosman - Xbox Reveal Dos and Don'ts -- Source: GameTrailers
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 02:14:09 AM »

Do we even need new hardware?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 02:55:35 AM »

Well, the PS3 at least has a future secured until next year as far as I know. The 360 on the other hand is a console that really completed its life cycle, and I don't think there's much that Microsoft can offer outside of what they have been doing since 2011 or so with more Gears of War, Halo, Forza and timed-exclusive for big multiplatform titles like Call of Duty or Tomb Raider.

*shrug* I don't know man. A lot of the "360 people" seem way more excited for next gen than the ones from the PS4 crowd that are mainly interested in the console as a future purchase.

Is also worth mentioning that I started seeing rumors of new consoles back in 2009 so... do we need new hardware? Both consoles have shown their age for a few years now (one more than the other) and there is a group of people excited for a change (whatever that change might be or mean for some people).
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »

Well, the PS3 at least has a future secured until next year as far as I know. The 360 on the other hand is a console that really completed its life cycle, and I don't think there's much that Microsoft can offer outside of what they have been doing since 2011 or so with more Gears of War, Halo, Forza and timed-exclusive for big multiplatform titles like Call of Duty or Tomb Raider.

*shrug* I don't know man. A lot of the "360 people" seem way more excited for next gen than the ones from the PS4 crowd that are mainly interested in the console as a future purchase.

Is also worth mentioning that I started seeing rumors of new consoles back in 2009 so... do we need new hardware? Both consoles have shown their age for a few years now (one more than the other) and there is a group of people excited for a change (whatever that change might be or mean for some people).

The original 360 came out at the tail end of 2005. The sucker is almost 8 years old already and should have come out with a new system a year or two ago. Especially since it's going to need at least a year, if not two, to gain its footing in the console race.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 01:50:20 PM »

I really like that we've seen a "long" lifespan for 360 and PS3.  I don't object to new hardware, but they both still put out games that look great.  And I'd imagine that development costs go up with each generation, due to the additional complexities of the hardware and what it can do.  Increased dev costs = more risk averse developers and publishers.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: