Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319589 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 21847 times)
pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »

The sad thing in all of this is that there are people who get paid really well to make such bad decisions.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »

So with the console not being clearly aimed for the Japanese market that means that JRPGs are gonna keep being stuck on handhelds and once in a while there's gonna be a big title on PS4? At least that's how everything seems to point out, and I don't see having a problem with that right now.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2013, 12:00:52 PM »

So with the console not being clearly aimed for the Japanese market that means that JRPGs are gonna keep being stuck on handhelds and once in a while there's gonna be a big title on PS4? At least that's how everything seems to point out, and I don't see having a problem with that right now.

Completely agree. If Ni no Kuni was on the Vita, I probably would have beaten it by now.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/22/indies-wont-be-able-to-self-publish-games-on-xbox-one/

Hope you aren't some kind of aspiring developer looking to reach the masses with the One, because too bad if you are.

Happily enough though this means no more wadding through mindless zombie based Minecraft clones and what have you. The world needed less of those. Far far less.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »

Why don't people use the Diablo 2 battle.net solution for putting content?

Closed Bnet: Safe, secure and quality
Open Bnet: Wild West
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2013, 01:43:20 PM »

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/
You know that "awesome" multimedia tv feature  Microsoft so loves to talk about.... guess what you have to buy another device to actually be able to use it.

edit: never mind. misread the article, obviously talking about an existing HDMI  cable box or Dvdr.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:48:07 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »

Yes!!

But seriously, if I had to say it looks like the Xbox is *reeaally* choosing its demographic with game selection.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:50:31 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »

Combo breaker!

I read something that brings me a bit of hope. I think it's pretty obvious that MS is not even looking at Japan with the XBOXONE. With that level of effort, I would be pretty stupid to keep the Idolmaster serie as a MS exclusive instead of jumping ship.
I'm looking forward to perhaps finally playing an Idolmaster game =)

Idolmaster already jumped ship, you know.  Idolmaster 2 was released for PS3 with a ton of exclusive content.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2013, 02:38:59 PM »

Wait what? How come I never heard of this.

Time to hit play-asia.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »

Wait what? How come I never heard of this.

Time to hit play-asia.

I don't know, man, it was a pretty big deal (at least among importers) back when it happened but that was a couple years ago.  I remember Andriasang had a ton of articles about it...

Edit:
Bad news just keeps coming.  We already heard that indie devs can't self-publish, but at least they still have XBLIG, right?  Well apparently there won't be separate channels this time around.  There's just "games" now.  Now while MS hasn't said so explicitly, I seriously doubt they want the flood of unregulated content from XBLIG to be in their main channel, so it sounds like they're just getting rid of XBLIG entirely.  This while both Nintendo and Sony are aggressively courting indie devs...

Also, no cross-play between generations.  I guess that doesn't seem very surprising to most people, but with Sony supporting PSP<->Vita play, Vita<->PS3 play, and even PS3<->PC play (Portal 2, and to some extend Dust 514) I wouldn't be surprised if they could do PS3<->PS4 (though they haven't actually said one way or another).  But the 'superior' Xbox Live infrastructure can't even handle 360<->One.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:34:02 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »

Those exclusives that they are saving for E3 have to be the best games ever made to change the opinion of a lot of people.
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2013, 04:23:11 PM »

Didn't they say those are mostly brand new IPs?
So no matter what they announce, no one will know what to expect from those anyway.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »

^As I see it, giving them the benefit of the doubt doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2013, 06:47:20 PM »

The most annoying thing to me is the phrase "TV Experience." TV is the fucking opposite of an experience, fuck you!

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/custom/images/large/514afa8bb87dc.jpg

Ahem giant enemy crabs totally existed in Japanese history.

Anyway, putting a dog in CoD DOES seem like a really cool idea, although I suspect they'll just put the dog in the solo campaign and end up focusing on the multiplayer anyway.

I mean christ imagine a multiplayer FPS where the point was shooting someone else's dog. Would anyone play that?

And if I really want the dog co-op experience I could just go play Secret of Evermore/Haunting Grounds/That one shinobi game where you have a dog.

Oh something else I thought about. How much is the XBox One going to cost at launch? If it's not less than 600 dollars, I really doubt it's going to have appreciably better specs than a similarly priced desktop by that point.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:06:36 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »

I doubt they fought ones a hundred times the size in giant battles though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: