Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:27:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329304 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47 Print
Author Topic: XBOX: A New Generation Revealed, May 21st  (Read 28111 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »

Oh fuck this story.

I think they're contorting MajorNelson's words really badly here, all he actually said was that there was a lot of inaccurate information going around and they'd make a formal statement later, not explicitly blaming anyway, and Microsoft really has given a lot of conflicting information lately. Though the "anti-used" part definitely seems to be false, if only because it's more like "anti-sharing" or "anti-eBay". I'm clearly not in support of this stuff, but there's voicing your grievances, then there's looking for an excuse to be angry.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »

http://www.destructoid.com/ea-ps4-xbox-one-a-generation-ahead-of-gaming-pcs-254360.phtml EA claims consoles are from the future.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:11 PM »

Oh fuck this story.

I think they're contorting MajorNelson's words really badly here, all he actually said was that there was a lot of inaccurate information going around and they'd make a formal statement later, not explicitly blaming anyway, and Microsoft really has given a lot of conflicting information lately. Though the "anti-used" part definitely seems to be false, if only because it's more like "anti-sharing" or "anti-eBay". I'm clearly not in support of this stuff, but there's voicing your grievances, then there's looking for an excuse to be angry.

I prefer this take on it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »

Yeah, he's highlighting WHY these are "inaccurate and incomplete" and calling out Major Nelson on not really doing a damn thing to actually make it clearer, all he really did was state the obvious.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »

The 2 stories I linked and the one Kevadu posted say almost the exact same thing. Though, I'm getting dizzy with this mess of stories and news so I don't even know anymore...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

The 2 stories I linked and the one Kevadu posted say almost the exact same thing. Though, I'm getting dizzy with this mess of stories and news so I don't even know anymore...

Jim Sterling's seems to be more a snarky "I wonder why that's the case?" while highlighting how useless their "clarification" was, whereas the CinemaBlend story seems to want to take a leap of logic and make a sensationalist story implying that the statement accused journalists of going out of their way to stir up rage when that isn't really the case.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »

excuse me while I lol at this.
The only thing more powerful on the ps4 then my computer is its memory  my GPU and oced cpu utterly trashes it.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2013, 10:17:47 PM »

The only thing more powerful on the ps4 then my computer is its memory  my GPU and oced cpu utterly trashes it.

Some dork named Kevadu wrote a lengthy comment on that very article explaining why the PS4's CPU is a lot better than people seem to give it credit for.  But don't listen to him, he's probably crazy...

Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »

Some dork named Kevadu wrote a lengthy comment on that very article explaining why the PS4's CPU is a lot better than people seem to give it credit for.  But don't listen to him, he's probably crazy...
I'd like to read that could you post a link.

edit: nevermind noscript was completely blocking comments
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:27:25 PM by Chronix112 » Logged
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »

Like an ascended cyber-archangel descending upon the gibbering mad peons, offering them the fires of knowledge while they stab amongst themselves with pointy sticks.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »

Like an ascended cyber-archangel descending upon the gibbering mad peons, offering them the fires of knowledge while they stab amongst themselves with pointy sticks.

You know, if they really were from the future, then they should know how this is going to end. Maybe all of their anti-consumer bullshit is them trying to milk their future powered lotto ticket for all its worth. That, or they're taking some circuitous steps to try to preserve the future they came from by sabotaging the XBone Steins;Gate style.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2013, 11:47:45 PM »

You know, if they really were from the future, then they should know how this is going to end. Maybe all of their anti-consumer bullshit is them trying to milk their future powered lotto ticket for all its worth. That, or they're taking some circuitous steps to try to preserve the future they came from by sabotaging the XBone Steins;Gate style.

Do not capitalize the b in Xbone

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2013, 08:26:51 AM »

Anyone else disgusted that XBLA games won't transfer over?

Hell, PSN games won't either.

It just feels so wrong.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2013, 09:05:24 AM »

So the winner on twitter between the PS4 and Xbone is clear.

http://www.gamespot.com/twitter-battle/xbox-vs-ps4/

Poll has been going for nearly a week now and the results have been fairly consistent. PS4-87% of the votes, Xbone- 11%, Memory leak(?)- 2%. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Microsoft right now.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2013, 09:42:25 AM »

Frankly, I think the Ouya is starting to look pretty appealing.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: